Dead Space Creators Go head to head with the 2 Largest FPS Franchises

sQuadr0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By sQuadr0n

This year we see the Dead Space creators working on two separate FPS franchises. The EA Redwood team is working on Battlefield Hardline and the the members that went to Sledgehammer is working on Call of Duty Advanced Warfare for Activision. If you had asked me a year ago what i thought the best use of their talents for these teams were neither of these franchises would have came to mind. Be that as it may, both of these titles are looking to change up the mix just enough to make people interested. Battlefield is looking to be the one that has most people up in arms though and with good reason. On the other hand, Call of Duty's surprising E3 presentation this year brought some life back to the dying franchise. Fans expecting a retread of the same old CoD formula were taken aback by how different Advanced Warfare's demo played out.

Players are expressing concerns that Battlefield Hardline's multiplayer beta felt more like a mod for the mainline series than its own separate version and are worried about its $60 price point. EA still has yet to show off anything from the Single Player mode which according to them is where most of the Dead Space team was focused. This would make sense considering their reputation but also has a lot of people wondering why, Battlefield has never been known for their Single Player experiences.

Time will tell which of these franchises benefit more but this still does not seem to be the best use of their talents. When creative minds are forced to work on these super blockbuster titles some pretty crazy stuff can happen though.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

@adam1808 said:

We all know that the only maker of kings in this industry is Giant Bomb.

But I came here from GameSpot.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am actually kinda excited for the new CoD. Even if the multiplayer is still just Call of Duty the campaign looks like an even crazier version of Captain America 2.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the article... I guess?

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

EA seems to have turned what could have been a great studio into a bit of a shit factory. Just churn and rush out. But they do that with every fucking developer they own. So sad....

DoggieOnline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: I was mildly excited about it before, but the comparison to Captain America 2? Sign me up (well at least a couple more letters of my name).

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By glots

Thanks for the article... I guess?

This. @squadr0n are you an actual person or a spambot who's trying to break free from the chains of whatever company's tyranny? Because this post of yours just seems like a copy&paste article from several different sources and doesn't offer anything new to the readers.