Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hey all

I am planning on getting Rock Band with one of the above titles (Dead Space, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Legacy edition, or Rainbow 6 Vegas 2) and would appriciate your thoughts on which to pick?

I am not a fan of "scream out loud" or excsive violence (I didnt mind Resident Evil or Bioshock but anything above that such as Saw I couldnt handle) and I am after something that gives achievements out whilst you play rather than having lots focused either online or for having to do multiple playthroughs to rank every character up etc.

Thoughts?

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, if you're looking for easy achievements then none of those games are really going to fit the bill. While Dead Space only has a single player mode in order to get all the achievements you have to play through multiple times, on multiple difficulties, using specific weapons. GRAW 2 and RSV2 have a good number of online achievements which might be very hard to get now that they're so old.

That being said all of them are great games set in very different genres. Dead Space is a survival horror third person shooter with mild upgrade elements, GRAW2 is a third person squad tactical game, and RSV2 is a first person shooter with some squad control. You can't go wrong with any of them as long as you pick the genre that sounds like it most appeals to you.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Garfield360UK

I dont mind not having 1000/1000 from single player but I would like one where you get maybe 500ish from a single playthrough, I could do more if the game rewards that in some way (i.e. you keep stats from it or rank up the more you play).

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pweidman

Sounds like Dead Space fits the bill.  Just so you know, I still play RB6V2, and GRAW2 online and there are still plenty of games to be had.  Like Centurion said, all 3 are very good games.  Also, both RB6 and GRAW have very fun co-op components if that's a consideration for you.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Gambit

RBSV2 still has alot of people playing online. I never have a problem finding matchs Its a fun game as well playing through the story and all the T-hunt missions co-op is hours of entertainment then you always have online deathmatch.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

Dead Space. Dead Space. Dead Space. Dead Space. Dead Space. And Dead Space.

I believe Dead Space is the game you are looking for, sir. It has easy achievements (I have over 650 points on my first playthrough) and it is violent but no more than Bioshock or RE. It is also a great game.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Garfield360UK
RHCPfan24 said:
"Dead Space. Dead Space. Dead Space. Dead Space. Dead Space. And Dead Space.

I believe Dead Space is the game you are looking for, sir. It has easy achievements (I have over 650 points on my first playthrough) and it is violent but no more than Bioshock or RE. It is also a great game."
I ended up getting this thanks.

I just hope its not too freaky, I dont mind the scares in Bioshock but Condemned was too freaky for me to play (It spooked me too much so I just couldnt play it).
steelharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By steelharrison

deffinietly dead space great game and you can get alot of achievements just by playing through

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
steelharrison said:
"deffinietly dead space great game and you can get alot of achievements just by playing through"

what he said

PS, Dallas will lose to the Spurs : P