#2  Edited By Hausdog
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

what about an Apache...can I mess with Apaches?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

the difference they don't account for in that video is that the ninjas weren't really warriors, but more like spies/assasssins
a ninja probably would win assuming as the spartan probably would die before he could fight.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok

A ninja would win since the Spartan would be dead before he even knew the ninja was there, probably while he slept.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60
PureRok said:
"A ninja would win since the Spartan would be dead before he even knew the ninja was there, probably while he slept."
This is talking about who would win in a fight, not who could kill the other while they are sleeping.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By trophyhunter

yeah but the point is a one on one fight
I even said before the show came on if you a ninja and your out in the open fighting a dude your terrible ninja

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
CL60 said:
"PureRok said:
"A ninja would win since the Spartan would be dead before he even knew the ninja was there, probably while he slept."
This is talking about who would win in a fight, not who could kill the other while they are sleeping."
well that sort of takes away what makes up a ninja.
since we can change the rules, why don't we use Ryu vs. Kratos?  Pretty obvious who'd win that (kratos is pretty cool, but come on, he wouldn't be able to hit ryua once)
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By The_Dude
SmugDarkLoser said:
"CL60 said:
"PureRok said:
This is talking about who would win in a fight, not who could kill the other while they are sleeping."
well that sort of takes away what makes up a ninja.since we can change the rules, why don't we use Ryu vs. Kratos?  Pretty obvious who'd win that (kratos is pretty cool, but come on, he wouldn't be able to hit ryua once)"
The show is not about what video game characters would win in a fight, its about taking two great warriors and seeing who would win in one v one combat.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By penguindust
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Dude
PenguinDust said:
"In case anyone isn't aware, it's a TV show...on Spike. http://www.spike.com/show/31082"
And a badass one at that, Can't wait for Pirates vs Knights next week!
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60
The_Dude said:
"PenguinDust said:
"In case anyone isn't aware, it's a TV show...on Spike. http://www.spike.com/show/31082"
And a badass one at that, Can't wait for Pirates vs Knights next week!"
I have a feeling the knights are going to win. Superior close/medium range weapons + crap load of armor and a crossbow.
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Dude
CL60 said:
"The_Dude said:
"PenguinDust said:
I have a feeling the knights are going to win. Superior close/medium range weapons + crap load of armor and a crossbow."
Yeah but fortunately I don't care who wins that one, they are both bad ass. I have been really one sided the past two episodes, I love Vikings, and I love Spartans!
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PureRok

There was a flaw in their little skit there: The ninja wouldn't just stand there in front of the Spartan and fight him like that. Even if it was a one on one fight it doesn't mean the ninja would fight fair like they keep expecting. They even said at the beginning "No rules."

Where's the rule that the ninja has to fight him face to face?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CL60
PureRok said:
"There was a flaw in their little skit there: The ninja wouldn't just stand there in front of the Spartan and fight him like that. Even if it was a one on one fight it doesn't mean the ninja would fight fair like they keep expecting. They even said at the beginning "No rules."Where's the rule that the ninja has to fight him face to face?"
He ran and hid a bunch of times...but all of the long range things he tried just got blocked by the shield.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PureRok
CL60 said:
"PureRok said:
"There was a flaw in their little skit there: The ninja wouldn't just stand there in front of the Spartan and fight him like that. Even if it was a one on one fight it doesn't mean the ninja would fight fair like they keep expecting. They even said at the beginning "No rules."Where's the rule that the ninja has to fight him face to face?"
He ran and hid a bunch of times...but all of the long range things he tried just got blocked by the shield."
Again, he wouldn't just hop out in front of him like that. Like I said, it's a flaw in their skit. You really think those two people were really spartans and ninjas really fighting?
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60
PureRok said:
"CL60 said:
"PureRok said:
He ran and hid a bunch of times...but all of the long range things he tried just got blocked by the shield."
Again, he wouldn't just hop out in front of him like that. Like I said, it's a flaw in their skit. You really think those two people were really spartans and ninjas really fighting?"
You know the skit doesn't make up the winner right? They take the information gathered and run it through the simulation 1000 times to see who would win.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#18  Edited By Vinchenzo

Deadliest Warrior is the worst show I've ever seen.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CL60
Vinchenzo said:
"Deadliest Warrior is the worst show I've ever seen."
Explain
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Dude
CL60 said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Deadliest Warrior is the worst show I've ever seen."
Explain"
Probably just one of those people who thinks there are to many assumptions, and variables left out. I don't care, the show is just bad ass.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PureRok
CL60 said:
"PureRok said:
"CL60 said:
"PureRok said:
Again, he wouldn't just hop out in front of him like that. Like I said, it's a flaw in their skit. You really think those two people were really spartans and ninjas really fighting?"
You know the skit doesn't make up the winner right? They take the information gathered and run it through the simulation 1000 times to see who would win."
Their "science" is based on a person who would fight like a warrior, not like an assassin, or as the spartan guy puts it "... a cockroach."

Their "science" is probably accurate when it comes to normal, face-to-face fighting, and is probably right sometimes. However, as we all know, a computer never thinks like a human being. It takes these numbers which stand for how deadly their weapons are and decides who would win based on pure damage output without any other information (from what I could gather, they don't really tell you about any of their "science").
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Optiow

Come on, the Spartans are so overrated.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CL60
PureRok said:
"CL60 said:
"PureRok said:
"CL60 said:
"PureRok said:
You know the skit doesn't make up the winner right? They take the information gathered and run it through the simulation 1000 times to see who would win."
Their "science" is based on a person who would fight like a warrior, not like an assassin, or as the spartan guy puts it "... a cockroach."Their "science" is probably accurate when it comes to normal, face-to-face fighting, and is probably right sometimes. However, as we all know, a computer never thinks like a human being. It takes these numbers which stand for how deadly their weapons are and decides who would win based on pure damage output without any other information (from what I could gather, they don't really tell you about any of their "science")."
They use a lot more data than just the damage the weapons do.
MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MC_Izawa

u could say that ninja MET the spartans LOL

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By trophyhunter
Optiow said:
"Come on, the Spartans are so overrated."
is that a joke ninjas are the most overrated warriors ever
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By gearhead

I think this one was a little bit middling. The ninja isn't the type of warrior that goes out into the field of battle.
And I am actually really pissed they did not do Pirates vs. Ninja. I mean COME ON!

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By trophyhunter
CL60 said:
"The_Dude said:
"PenguinDust said:
I have a feeling the knights are going to win. Superior close/medium range weapons + crap load of armor and a crossbow."
I'll say knight but I'll also say the 1000 battles will be very close
because at mid range pirate has a gun that if he hits the knight it will kill them
but the knight  would kick the pirate's ass in a sword fight no question also a big factor will be if the knight has a horse also
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheFreeMan

Okay, so I looked this up and watched the fight.

After the Ninja chucked the black egg, and it hit, wouldn't he have just killed the Spartan there? I dunno, the fight was pretty fun but it just seemed like he had several opportunities to end it. Eh.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By trophyhunter
TheFreeMan said:
"Okay, so I looked this up and watched the fight.After the Ninja chucked the black egg, and it hit, wouldn't he have just killed the Spartan there? I dunno, the fight was pretty fun but it just seemed like he had several opportunities to end it. Eh."
well the fight at the end is really just for fun and awesomeness
the computer really runs 1000 fights to see who wins the most out all of them
and the ninja did actually win couple hundred times but the spartan won a few  hundred more times because he could basically block every thing the ninja threw at him
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheFreeMan

Well, I guess it's fine then.

Gotta take in the individuals skill as well. Do they account for that or just look at the weapons and pit the fighters together, assuming that they're as good as eachother?

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheFreeMan
trophyhunter said:
"TheFreeMan said:
"Well, I guess it's fine then.Gotta take in the individuals skill as well. Do they account for that or just look at the weapons and pit the fighters together, assuming that they're as good as eachother?"
  you mean like how well can the ninja throw stuff if he misses alot?"
Sorta. Like, a certain specific Ninja might be stronger and faster and be a better fighter than a certain specific Spartan, or vice versa.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By trophyhunter

I'm not really sure but the do all sorts of tests to determine a million different factors
they also take into a account if something is just really hard to use or if its really inaccurate 
like the next week the pirates going have some guns and guns back then were really inaccurate so they'll take that into account

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CL60
trophyhunter said:
"I'm not really sure but the do all sorts of tests to determine a million different factors they also take into a account if something is just really hard to use or if its really inaccurate  like the next week the pirates going have some guns and guns back then were really inaccurate so they'll take that into account "
They will also take into account with the simulation that the knight will most likely be limited in movement with his armor.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By trophyhunter
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By penguindust

There have been a few similar shows to this one...
Animal Armageddon (Animal Planet)
Animal Face-Off
(Discovery Channel)
Jurassic Fight Club
(History Channel)
Showdown: Air Combat
(Military Channel)
and I seem to recall another with people but I can't remember the title...Human Weapon? Fight Quest

Personally, I prefer Commanders at War (Military Channel) and Warriors (History Channel), even though they are not exactly the same type of show. Also Mythbusters and Weapons Masters.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tekmojo

The new episode seems a little mythbustery, I LIKE!

CaptainQuizno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CaptainQuizno

I've watched this show alot, iv taken computer classes and i understand the software that they use. So heres my Reply: Knight vs Pirate, Pirate wins simply because of the pirates outstanding range capability from long-med. Think about what your missing here. The Knight has armor but the pirate has projectile weapons beyond the knights firepower... years ahead in projectile weapons.. He is capable of delivering massive amounts of destruction from a long range. For instance. A musket or pistol or even the hand held cannon would purely destroy the knight. In war the only factor that matters is how hard you can hit your enemy and from what range. In WW1 soldiers didnt fear the opposing enemy they feared they're artillery. In every great war the side with the best long range weapon always won unless they were witted out. An example of that is Troy the movie. You cannot destroy your enemy if they are out of your reach. The knight has... for the most part spiked balls and a Crossbow. The crossbow packs a punch *though very accurate* does not stand a chance against the pure devestating power of a pirates long range weapon. So going back to the fact that a knight has armor, there is no doubt in my mind that the Pirate wouldnt win. The knight....He's slow, bulky, mask inhibits vision, and i simply think that his armor couldnt handle the shear power of a projectile. Thats my responce to people hating on Pirates.

CaptainQuizno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CaptainQuizno
TheFreeMan said:
"trophyhunter said:
"TheFreeMan said:
"Well, I guess it's fine then.Gotta take in the individuals skill as well. Do they account for that or just look at the weapons and pit the fighters together, assuming that they're as good as eachother?"
  you mean like how well can the ninja throw stuff if he misses alot?"
Sorta. Like, a certain specific Ninja might be stronger and faster and be a better fighter than a certain specific Spartan, or vice versa."
They pit the best Vs. The Best. Thats how it works. Each warrior is a professional with his equipment. But like its sayed: Stealth is a factor that negetivley affects the user because it inhibits perception. Im personnely a guy thats all about power before defence. My idea is that if you can hit your target harder then they can defend it then there is no reason to have a defence. Its like weilding a sheild and not even using, where as you could have 2 swords, even then u can be skilled in defencive tactics with it.
michurusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By michurusan

You have got to be kidding me!!! First off, the ninja is one of stealth, study and concideration; there is no way in hell that he would go into a fight that he couldn't win! The configuration of the simulation with the nija and the spartan was totally off. The Ninja, unless he was an idiot who deserved to die, would have poisoned the Spartan while he was in the tree, giving him a added advantage. Also, when the ninja had ran an hide in the brush, he would not have rolled out at the Spartan; he would have waited until he passed him, then would have shot him in the back. BTW, ever heard of smokebombs!? This was another great escaping tool that wasn't used in the so called, "Statistically Correct Fight Simulation"
               All this aside, I love the show. The idea of seeing so many different styles in such a life like setting is amazing! I just wish the people who were on the show weren't such ass's! Honestly, do they have to be such doosh bags!? I thought the Ninja's and Samurai had some code to follow. ALL the warriors one the show are a disgrace to the arts. They should be ashamed of how they acted and how they acted towards their fellow warriors!