• 65 results
DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

Every retail experience will change from place to place. GameStop gets the brunt of it because they are gaming centric, and there are 5,000 of them in teh country.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Solh0und

The two Gamestops i go to are actually pretty cool. Too bad I only shop there when they have deals going on.

ConstantRa1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By ConstantRa1n
@pakx said:
been working at a gamestop for going on 4 years now. i can generally spot a gamer a mile away. you come in, you don't have alot of questions, you just want your game. for these guys i go ahead and offer the warrantee but dont press it when they say no. if you bring trade ins in, i scan the game, rattle off the price and let you decide whether or not you want to bring it in. i don't get paid commission, it really doesn't matter to me whether or not you trade your games in. infact, if you DO trade your game in, it's more work for me as i have to prep, file away and wall the case for your games.   my point is, as much as Gamestop as a company can truly suck, it's not right to blame or harrass employees. we're doing our job. at best, we do our job with knowing and tact, and try to be reasonable with gamers, and helpful with none-gamers. at worst, we're following company policy, and acting in the manner we're obligated to. are there bad EB employees? absolutely. i've worked with some of them, but most of the people in my district are smart, helpful, kind gamers.
The general public doesn't understand how retail works. Do what I did and find a better job. GS sucks.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By MikkaQ

@kingclaw said:

Someone is going to get fired

My thoughts exactly, if I was the manager I would have sacked that dude for driving away business.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By habster3

I traded in some old, shitty games yesterday and got back $137, which I used for InFamous 2: Hero Edition, Rock Band 3, and a pre-order for Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I'm kind of content with them at this moment as well.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By YoThatLimp

I like my local Gamestop. Never sell me BS, they take my preorders and talk games with me. I hate the token "hot gamer girlz" they hire sometime.

pingolobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By pingolobo

I know cool guys at a Gamestop.  Still they would buy my game for $5 and sell me it for 54.
Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Chop

I used to have such a fantastic EB games but then they completely cleaned house and turned into a shit show.   

Just let me buy my game and get out. I get that they have to ask that stuff but do they really have to push it to the point they do? Does trying to bully people into edge cards,warranty, and preorders ever actually work? Also, stop stapling three fucking fliers to my receipt!

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BraveToaster

Taken aback.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PillClinton

Fuck Gamestop. I can't wait to see Amazon spit on their corpse.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By tunaburn

the 2 gamestops i go to here in arizona. one in mesa one in phoenix are great. the employees are nice and (excuse the negative slur here) nerdy. Which is what i want from my video game store employee. Ive never had a bad experience there. I stay away from the ones in the malls though.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By pakx
@ConstantRa1n said:
@pakx said:
been working at a gamestop for going on 4 years now. i can generally spot a gamer a mile away. you come in, you don't have alot of questions, you just want your game. for these guys i go ahead and offer the warrantee but dont press it when they say no. if you bring trade ins in, i scan the game, rattle off the price and let you decide whether or not you want to bring it in. i don't get paid commission, it really doesn't matter to me whether or not you trade your games in. infact, if you DO trade your game in, it's more work for me as i have to prep, file away and wall the case for your games.   my point is, as much as Gamestop as a company can truly suck, it's not right to blame or harrass employees. we're doing our job. at best, we do our job with knowing and tact, and try to be reasonable with gamers, and helpful with none-gamers. at worst, we're following company policy, and acting in the manner we're obligated to. are there bad EB employees? absolutely. i've worked with some of them, but most of the people in my district are smart, helpful, kind gamers.
The general public doesn't understand how retail works. Do what I did and find a better job. GS sucks.
i like my job. it's fun and i like the people i work with, every retail gig is going to have shitty days and shitty customers, i'm okay with that.
Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Spike94
@crusader8463 said:

My local EB used to have good people like that too, so I never understood the hate the store got. Then when I left for college for two years and went to a different EB Games I realized why it got all the hate. Amazes me how different my experience was with the two.

Same here. I have an awesome GameStop by me! 

And kudos, OP. Kudos.
RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#64  Edited By RJay_64

Every Gamestop will be different

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By wadtomaton

I used to have a good gamestop right on the other side of the wall to my apartment complex (it was a walled/gated in type thing). It's a shame they had to stop doing the midnight releases at that location because of armed robbery :/ (a block away from a school no less! =D.....D= )