You know what's a good time? Alan Wake. I LOVE this game. The atmosphere is great, the combat is better than I had expected, and this was the first real story in a game I cared alot about! The twin peaks vibe it gives off really scratched that itch for me.
Alan Wake! Totally have big love for Alan Wake. It's all the things I love about Stephen King, even including the terrible weird stuff like the ghost dude in a diving suit.
Alan Wake kicks ass for sure!
My entry is:
I'd write a big defense but I gotta run. (great game though)
Yeah! Both of those games are great. I love them: Alan Wake as an overall fantastic game, and The Darkness has some of the best moments in any videogame I experienced.
I extend my praises to:
- Sanitarium - an awesome and macabre adventure game, with a fantastic plot and universe;
- Deadly Premonition - for its quirky gameplay and universe, and an awesome ending;
- Silent Hill: Downpour - for being an interesting and faithful homage to the franchise's legacy, with a good story;
- Bulletstorm - the most amusing shooter I played;
- Bioshock Infinite - for its breathtaking scope and settings, and curious characters;
- Final Fantasy XII - for its awesome gameplay and openworld combined with an interesting plot;
- Resident Evil 6 - it almost all action, but it has great and ridiculous setpieces, and good gameplay, plus some cool spooky moments in Leon's campaign.