• 157 results
#151 Edited by Jeust (10655 posts) -

@bluefish said:

@srk_mcrae said:

You know what's a good time? Alan Wake. I LOVE this game. The atmosphere is great, the combat is better than I had expected, and this was the first real story in a game I cared alot about! The twin peaks vibe it gives off really scratched that itch for me.

@sarnecki said:

Alan Wake! Totally have big love for Alan Wake. It's all the things I love about Stephen King, even including the terrible weird stuff like the ghost dude in a diving suit.

Alan Wake kicks ass for sure!

My entry is:

THE DARKNESS

I'd write a big defense but I gotta run. (great game though)

Yeah! Both of those games are great. I love them: Alan Wake as an overall fantastic game, and The Darkness has some of the best moments in any videogame I experienced.

I extend my praises to:

• Sanitarium - an awesome and macabre adventure game, with a fantastic plot and universe;
  • Deadly Premonition - for its quirky gameplay and universe, and an awesome ending;
  • Silent Hill: Downpour - for being an interesting and faithful homage to the franchise's legacy, with a good story;
  • Bulletstorm - the most amusing shooter I played;
  • Bioshock Infinite - for its breathtaking scope and settings, and curious characters;
  • Final Fantasy XII - for its awesome gameplay and openworld combined with an interesting plot;
  • Resident Evil 6 - it almost all action, but it has great and ridiculous setpieces, and good gameplay, plus some cool spooky moments in Leon's campaign.

#152 Posted by RagingFlower (4 posts) -

Does 999 count?

Just replayed it recently, and it occurred to me that I know literally 3 people that I could have a conversation with about it. (And one of them is a little too busy running a bunch of content for this website to talk to me about it!) As a guy who generally has troubles getting into games from Japan, the game captured me in a way that very few do, and I've been trying similar games in 999's genre to try and branch out...and it's not working out the same way

VLR is damn good too, but it had a little too much fan service and now they've trapped themselves into a franchise that may never get completed...

#153 Posted by Limond (17 posts) -

I think the original Gothic game had one of the best systems for character control.

#154 Posted by CooVee (148 posts) -

Does 999 count?

Just replayed it recently, and it occurred to me that I know literally 3 people that I could have a conversation with about it. (And one of them is a little too busy running a bunch of content for this website to talk to me about it!) As a guy who generally has troubles getting into games from Japan, the game captured me in a way that very few do, and I've been trying similar games in 999's genre to try and branch out...and it's not working out the same way

VLR is damn good too, but it had a little too much fan service and now they've trapped themselves into a franchise that may never get completed...

Both 999 and VLR are great games that completely destroy your mind with their endings. I hope we get a third game eventually.

#155 Edited by CubBL (1 posts) -

DK Jungle climber & DK king of swing.

Most people wrote it off and don't blame anyone for that, but if you give it a try it's a fun time. I enjoyed them anyway. :P

#156 Edited by Noitwont (75 posts) -

I remember really loving the atmosphere/art style of both the Fear Effect games back in the PS One days.

#157 Posted by jaycrockett (451 posts) -

I really enjoyed my time with Defiance. I kept hearing a lot of comparisons made, saying Destiny is basically a MMO version of Borderlands. Well that's exactly what Defiance is. Sure it has it's problems, but I don't think it got enough credit for what it did accomplish. It even pulled off the tv show tie in reasonably well.

#158 Edited by Anund (897 posts) -

Max Payne 3, bloody awesome game.

And I had a lot of fun with Mafia 2, to the point where I wanted to shout at everyone complaining about the open world being empty... it was never trying to be an open world game! It was a story game with some driving to connect the (very fun) missions together. All the people getting down on Mafia 2 for it not being something it never claimed to be really annoyed me.

I never got the hate for Dragon Age 2. Sure they reused those enviroments way too much, but the story and the characters and even the combat was fun and rewarding and really, that is why I come to Dragon Age.

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine... Bloody great combat, was great fun to run through and deserved more attention.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - The best game in the Splinter Cell series? Maybe...

EDIT: Thanks to this thread I just started playing Remember Me. I'm loving it so far!