• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by astupidvdcase (34 posts) -

Hello, i am new here just because i got banned on neogaf, i liked neogaf cause it was very active with lots of good threads but i got banned for probably saying "fanbois" and not reading the rules thread as a junior member.

I would just like to say that there are so many delusional gamers on neogaf and just cause they don't break the rules and conform to the site's standards in their ettiquete, doesn't mean what they say is not stupid

I was proclaiming the superiority of modern game mechanics and said games like chrono trigger are overated due to nostalgia and posters come up telling me The Last of Us would be forgotten in 15 years and a game like Zombies ate my Neighbours is superior. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=70556726&postcount=433

There are also so many people who would not buy a game unless its 1 dollar on steam sale, the amount of stupidity I seen threads like these http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617556

"Titanfall should be budget priced"

really? These are the type of people that give developers reasons to hate us as gamers and enforce stupid DRM and stuff.

Even though this forum doesn't appear to be as active as gaf, i hope to join in discussions and hope i can voice my controversial opinions without getting ban hammered.

#2 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Using the word "fanbois" won't get you banned on Giant Bomb.

Although perhaps it should.

#3 Edited by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

This is a bad introductory post. A better one would have been "Hi, I'm INSERT NAME. I'm excited to join this amazing community." The last thing people on Giantbomb want are people who use words like "fanbois" and flamebaiting such as "name one 90s era game that is better than The Last of Us that is not shrouded by Nostalgia". Opinions are welcomed, people who call others delusional because they have differing opinions are not.

If you can't handle peoples opinions on gaming then this site is going to eat you alive. WELCOME!!!

WAITAMINUTE

What i am going to say below will probably considered blasphemy but im gonna start bashing games like Chrono Trigger cause i never owned a playstation 1 and i was never into JRPGs like Final Fantasy. All the rave about games like Chrono Trigger is purely nostalgia, if you ask any random person who never played it in the 90s to play the game they probably wont be raving about it as hard as someone who has played it when they were young on their playstation 1.

You are aware Chrono Trigger premiered on the Super Nintendo... right?

#4 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4138 posts) -

Well that's a hell of an intro. Welcome! Remember to grab one of Portillo's Hot Dogs while you're here. Love your local Ryan Davis. And be sure to pick up some Sleepy-Dogs for the road. :D

#5 Posted by TruthTellah (8420 posts) -

@astupidvdcase: Hi there. While saying that you were banned somewhere else is rarely a good sign when introducing yourself, welcome. Please just check out the Forum Rules and considering being understanding of the many varying viewpoints of your fellow members here on Giant Bomb. Thanks! :)

#6 Edited by bigjeffrey (4711 posts) -
#7 Posted by TobbRobb (4554 posts) -

Last of Us is going to be forgotten in 15 years and Zombies Ate my Neighbors is better.

Hurruhadaduhas. Welcome to the site! Don't be a dick!

#8 Edited by casper_ (901 posts) -

i'm glad that we have the privilege of being your sloppy 2nds.

#9 Posted by Popogeejo (601 posts) -

Why do so many people think we care about which forum you got banned form only to flee here and whine?

People should be automatically banned if the first thread/post they make is "Hey, I just got banned from..."

#10 Edited by DeeGee (2113 posts) -

If your first post is "I'm here because I got banned from somewhere else!" then you should be some sort of automatic system that will just ban you again.

Giant Bomb is the United Kingdom of the internet. It's the place that everyone floods to because they aren't allowed anywhere else and they know that we have ridiculously relaxed rules that they think lets them get away with anything.

#11 Edited by Tennmuerti (7957 posts) -

I dunno, this site had 2 wonderful blundering goofs playing Chrono Trigger for kicks relatively recently and having never even played the game in the past it still seemed like a very very good game today, having to watch it from start to finish (as someone who dislikes jrpgs). So to say that love for it is just nostalgia based seems like a fallacy.

And while the Last of Us did some interesting things in animation/acting department for game it still had a fairly predictable (if strong) story bar maybe 1 moment; had quite a few awkward mechanical issues, nor did it do anything particularly novel in that department, nor executed on them in any noteworthy way. If it will ever be remembered by me it will only be by virtue of it's 2 characters.

#12 Edited by ThunderSlash (1513 posts) -
#13 Posted by falserelic (5278 posts) -

Welcome to your new home enjoy the festivities. We have a wonderful community and the most nicest users in the world, the mods here are fabulous individuals. Yep you'll hardly find any negativity here so come spend sometime. Anyway the names FalseRelic I'm the nicest guy. I'll usually help out my fellow GB brothers and sisters when in need.

I have a heart filled with the purist gold my soul is clean. Nope never committed any GB crimes ever, never disrespected a user, never left any sexual trolling comments. So no need to worry about me going off rails and poppin a molly.

#14 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

Always a good sign when a newcomer opens with "I got banned from this other site." Like, they are trying to make themselves look cool or something? "Hey, I got banned from [Insert website name here].com. I'm one of you guys. GLHB FTW, amiright?"

Welcome, by the way. And learn to accept other people's opinions.

#15 Edited by Red12b (9073 posts) -

People who are new and from another site, starting from way back when, when people "immigrated" from gamespot and always start with their first blog or forum topic with,

"I'm New. And I was Banned!, So fuck them!"

You know they are awesome people.

they must be the best people.

Also

#16 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

This is a bad introductory post. A better one would have been "Hi, I'm INSERT NAME. I'm excited to join this amazing community." The last thing people on Giantbomb want are people who use words like "fanbois" and flamebaiting such as "name one 90s era game that is better than The Last of Us that is not shrouded by Nostalgia". Opinions are welcomed, people who call others delusional because they have differing opinions are not.

If you can't handle peoples opinions on gaming then this site is going to eat you alive. WELCOME!!!

Shhhhh. Have you seen that fucking Neogaf thread? It's pure gold.

I for one welcome you astupidvdcase. And I hope you'll be active here on Giantbomb. I really do. It hasn't been the same since sonic the hedgehog stopped posting.

#17 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -
#18 Posted by Godmil (143 posts) -

Wow, a 2D game can't be as good as a 3D game because the real world and films aren't in 2D? I gatta grab me some popcorn.

(though that may be unfair, I shouldn't judge you on posts made on lesser sites, think of this as a fresh start..... *rereads OP*... grabs popcorn)

#19 Posted by joshwent (2056 posts) -

Not sure if they're "delusional" if they banned you for stuff you actually did.

#20 Edited by TheIrishNinja (1 posts) -

compelling argument, OP - but have you in fact played Zombies Ate My Neighbors? it really is the best

@tobbrobb said:

Last of Us is going to be forgotten in 15 years and Zombies Ate my Neighbors is better.

see, this dude knows what's up

#21 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

I don't have a problem with your opinions. I have a problem with the ridiculous way you express them.

#22 Posted by Fattony12000 (6961 posts) -

i hate Crysis, it boring

#23 Posted by Nilhelm (28 posts) -

How can Schindlers List be one of the greatest movies of all time? The world isn't black and white

#24 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@deegee said:

If your first post is "I'm here because I got banned from somewhere else!" then you should be some sort of automatic system that will just ban you again.

Giant Bomb is the United Kingdom of the internet. It's the place that everyone floods to because they aren't allowed anywhere else and they know that we have ridiculously relaxed rules that they think lets them get away with anything.

I don't know but this sounds a bit racist ( the UK part) Do you have anything against refugees? And to be fair you can be banned very very easily on Neogaf. If you want to continue with Countries. It is a bit like North Korea in terms of strictness.

#25 Posted by Cypher (114 posts) -
#26 Edited by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -
@joshwent said:

Not sure if they're "delusional" if they banned you for stuff you actually did.

Perhaps, you are delusional... and he was never banned, and this post never existed, and giantbomb never existed, and right now YOU are posting to neoGAF. about delusional people

#27 Edited by EXTomar (4453 posts) -

Welcome to GiantBomb. You won't get banned for writing stupid stuff like that but you may want to change your attitude because you failed to follow their rules and you will have problems if you fail to follow GB's rules.

#28 Posted by astupidvdcase (34 posts) -

OK, i didn't read their rules cause i actually didn't care about their site cause it took so long to activate so i never bothered to read their rules cause i searched for it on all their boards but none were stickied. so i gave up and just posted stuff and got hooked.

#29 Posted by oldenglishC (922 posts) -

Hello, my name is oldenglishC-boat.

I predict that there will be new consoles in November.

#30 Posted by Humanity (8715 posts) -

Hello, my name is oldenglishC-boat.

I predict that there will be new consoles in November.

This guy has inside info!!!

#31 Posted by Ryanmgraef (226 posts) -

Kids...That Zombies ate my Neighbors music is fuckin good though right. Remember the giant baby? Fuck yeah, that game.

#32 Posted by Thrillhouse87 (228 posts) -

I have no nostalgia for chrono trigger. I played it for the first time last year, and I liked it a lot.

#33 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Titanfall is on Origin? Ugh. Guess I won't be playing that game...

Screw Neogaf, it's a circlejerk shithole where most of the members are highly biased towards Sony. They hate anything Nintendo.

Also: Welcome aboard, matey!

#34 Posted by Veektarius (4541 posts) -

This isn't a question.

#35 Posted by oldenglishC (922 posts) -

I played Zombies ate my Neighbors on the Sega Channel. My nostalgia is the best nostalgia.

#36 Posted by RVonE (4601 posts) -

Chrono Trigger is a really really good game.

#37 Posted by Dark (360 posts) -

I was talking to my room mate the other night about music, how the music these days just doesn't have the appeal or creativity of the music when I was growing up.

He looked at me and said 'Oh fuck, we are complaining like our parents did'

I believe this sentence works great in the context of this thread.

#38 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

What did we do to deserve getting all the people that weren't good enough for polygon and neogaf, and why do they feel they need to tell us their life's story.

#39 Posted by thatdutchguy (1267 posts) -

What did we do to deserve getting all the people that weren't good enough for polygon and neogaf, and why do they feel they need to tell us their life's story.

I have no idea.

#40 Edited by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

Does this place have an age limit? Because this guy writes like someone I'm pretty sure would be under it.

#41 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -
"Get banned!"
#42 Posted by believer258 (11565 posts) -

@astupidvdcase: I didn't play Chrono Trigger until last year on the DS. It has since become one of my favorite games of all time.

#43 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Funny thread.

#44 Edited by Rafaelfc (1311 posts) -

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is a timeless classic. What are you even talking about?

but Chrono Trigger and The Last of Us are also excellent, why must every game ever be ranked? THEY ARE ALL GOOD GAMES!

#45 Posted by Sonmi (21 posts) -

Always a good sign when a newcomer opens with "I got banned from this other site." Like, they are trying to make themselves look cool or something? "Hey, I got banned from [Insert website name here].com. I'm one of you guys. GLHB FTW, amiright?"

Personally, I usually take it as a plea for help coming from someone who thinks they have been unjustly banned.

Of course, the vast majority of the time, that person was absolutely deserving of a ban, and they're simply looking for pity and confirmation of how "awfully" they were treated elsewhere.

#46 Edited by astupidvdcase (34 posts) -

Yes, i actually wanted to reply to some responses but couldn't so i found another place to 'sort've do it" plus i wanted to make some threads on neogaf but couldn't.

Continuing on the discussion, Yes, games like Zombie Ate my Neighbour were great, so is mario, sonic and alot of games from the 2D era, but i believe technology has made games overall better. Its like horror games, do you think amnesia would've had the impact they wanted back in the 80s and in 2D in general? Its things like these people don't consider when they go "BACK IN OLE DAYZ WHEN GAMES WERE GOOD LAWL, GAMES SO MUCH BETTER BACK THARN" and "GAMEZ IS ALL ABOUT GAMEPLAY LAWL". Horror is probably one genre benefited from advancement to real 3D. Imagine if we could only shoot film that looks like the original mario. Our creativity and enjoyment of movies would be hindered.

#47 Posted by Morningstar (2127 posts) -

Chrono Trigger holds up to this day. Brono and Brog forever!

#48 Posted by tourgen (4426 posts) -

Hey, welcome. Congrats on getting it right the second time. We won't hold that against you here. Everyone makes mistakes. Not everyone figures out Neogaf is a joke the first time around.

Yeah the older sprite RPGs are mostly nostalgia driven. Chronotrigger is one of the better ones. No, they aren't on the same level as a modern RPG but they are still good games and entertaining. They also have earned their place in the history books.

#49 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

The Last of Us will be forgotten in 15 years. Especially once we move away from the ridiculous notion of trying to make games into movies.

Technology can certainly enhance some aspects of games, but games like Chrono Trigger, Monkey Island or the original Fallout hold up for reasons that go far beyond "nostalgia" which is why many gamers can play them years later and still love them.

#50 Posted by astupidvdcase (34 posts) -

@wintersnowblind: i never understood why people say TLoU is too much like a movie. TBH it was mostly gameplay and you were in control most of the time. If you want to use an example of game being too much like movie, try games like Heavy Rain. TLoU is cinematic in style, but not in gameplay. the story is like a movie, the camera angles and animation are cinematic but you aren't doing QTES all day.