pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pyrodactyl

1- this is not going to end well

2- dark souls is better in every way. Story, atmosphere, combat, balancing, length, level design, bosses and look are all improved from demon's souls. So yeah, dark souls is the better game.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By morningstar

Demon's Souls is my favorite by a long shot.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JZ

Demon's souls is amazing, but dark souls improves on it in every way.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By Timing

By all means, play both.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I much preferred Demon's Souls. At least the online component actually worked properly in that one, and I'm more of a fan of the lobby system than the open world one.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By CJduke

For me personally I thought the world, progression, and secrets were all better in Dark Souls, but Demon's Souls had way better boss weapons and the online worked so much better. Also, I liked the separate levels in Demon's Souls it was a bit more fun to grind and Demon's Souls is a bit more special to me because it came first. Oh and I liked having half health when dead better than having those flasks. So yeah I guess Dark Souls is the better game but I think Demon's Souls in my favorite

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By phrosnite

Dark Souls all the way!

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deadmanforking

I'll say Demon Souls, since its the only one I've played.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By mordukai

@FluxWaveZ said:

I much preferred Demon's Souls. At least the online component actually worked properly in that one, and I'm more of a fan of the lobby system than the open world one.

Demon's Souls is the far better game. Dark Souls might have improvements are much addons but Demon's Souls is much more refined game. Not to mention Demon's Souls punished you way more then Dark Souls and it has far superior online component. Almost everyone on my PSN list, which comprises of people of people I met on Demon's Souls, has pretty much went back to it. I personally feel that there's really no reason to go back to Dark Souls after you played the SP twice.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By jimi

My personal favorite is Demons Souls, I have played Dark Souls through twice now but I still go back to replay Demons. I enjoy the level structure of Demons more and think it's a lot more challenging.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Sterling

There is no correct choice here. How dare you make us choose.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Dixego

Both. But I voted Demon's Souls 'cause I love it.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HerbieBug

Yes.

Alorithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Alorithin

@HerbieBug said:

Yes.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Humanity

More people have played Dark Souls so this won't really be a fair vote but I prefer Demon's Souls because it was a lot more atmospheric, to me anyway.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By imsh_pl

I felt like Demons's Souls was a much more frightening, awe-inspiring and challenging game.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By cannedstingray

I'm not gonna vote, cause I love Both.. I still play both, they are fantastic!!!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@imsh_pl said:

I felt like Demons's Souls was a much more frightening, awe-inspiring and challenging game.

I think the more challenging more in which ever one you played first. I went back to Demon's Souls after playing Dark and found it much easier.

Both are different and awesome games but I like Dark Souls more. I hear the PVP in demon's is better but as someone who has no interest in getting serious about that part Dark Souls is better is every way.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21  Edited By spiceninja

Dark Souls. It improves on everything that Demon's Souls tried to do.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By aleryn

Dark Souls. I started on Demon's Souls but I enjoy the structure and modifications to the sequel more.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#23  Edited By Hailinel

The video game equivalent of Sophie's Choice, minus the Nazis.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Chemin

Demon's Souls. It had better atmosphere, and the Nexus hub-world style was better and more suited for this kind of game. Dark Souls is still good though, of course.

cassus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By cassus

I enjoyed the open worldedness of Dark Souls more than I did the lobby system of Demon's Souls. Both games are absolutely amazing though. It's kinda like having to choose between baldurs gate 1 and 2.

Dark Souls felt more like a roguelike where Demon's Souls felt more like a very evil and unforgiving version of mario 64, if you know what I mean. Very instanced and such. Reusing the same areas a lot. Which I was fine with, made grinding more fun really, but yeah, the sense of progression wasn't there as much as in Dark Souls.

Both games are just amazing. Some of the best console games ever imho. I'm a PC gamer at heart, so stuff like this really resonates with me.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By JoeyRavn

I've only played Dark Souls, so that's that.

Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gahzoo

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@imsh_pl said:

I think the more challenging more in which ever one you played first. I went back to Demon's Souls after playing Dark and found it much easier.

Both are different and awesome games but I like Dark Souls more. I hear the PVP in demon's is better but as someone who has no interest in getting serious about that part Dark Souls is better is every way.

The PVP is HORRENDOUS.

People might remember the cute low level PVP fights that were actually fair, but fighting people cheesing with 99 New Moon Grass and the scraping spear is not fun at all. It was so bad. The last time I played I had to fight Old Monk off line because of all the players using nigh infinite heals.

And for my opinion on the subject, I believe Dark Souls is better in almost every way, and the open-world aspect is pretty awesome, it doesn't give you a real safe haven like the nexus, even Firelink Shrine is taken away from you for a bit.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Gahzoo: Yeah, I do much prefer the flask system for healing. I remember people complaining about the Dark Souls PVP back when it was new. That confirms it then. Dark Souls is better in all ways.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WarlordPayne

The multiplayer aspect was handled better in Demon's Souls. There was a real benefit to being alive so I was more worried about dying and tried to stay alive as much as possible, which caused invasions to be a constant threat. I was almost never alive in Dark Souls since there was no benefit to it and it would waste my humanity, so I never got invaded. That stupid invisibility ring completely fucked PvP, too. I also think the voice acting was more interesting in Demon's Souls.

Pretty much everything else was better in Dark Souls.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go for Demons Souls, It's an actual tactical/skill challenge.

Dark Souls just slaps you with cheap deaths and instant death moments you have no way of avoiding or even seeing till they get you. Also, the red invaders are way to strong! There is no level matching what so ever! Or everyone is way to good at the game... one of those two. Dark Souls just makes me mad. What the hell is up with the crystal caves!

I had fun playing Demons Souls. When I rolled up on a new boss, I watched him, planned and acted accordingly. If I died it was from overconfidence or my own stupidity.

In Dark Souls when you encounter a new boss it rushes you and you die in one hit. That's not fun for me. Especially when it happens a dozen times even after grinding out a dozen levels and getting a new set of armor.

Both games are neat. Hell, both games are great! But Dark Souls feels like it was designed to annoy the hell out of me, rather than challenge me.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HH

demon's. i finished it and carried on in ng+, grinding shit for ages.

i got zapped by dark souls about halfway through, haven't gone back. i did love the map set-up, but something about demon's hooked me that wasn't there in dark. also the Tower of Latria level. when will the darkness of that level ever be topped?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ares42

Dark Souls. The open-world is way better than the hub and tons of loading screens, the amount of equipment choice and upgrades are significantly larger, the estus mechanic is a million times better than grass and there's more bosses that require technique rather than just knowing the trick.

I think my biggest disappointment with Demon's Souls (going back to it after having played Dark Souls) was the fact that rolling a temple knight I pretty much used my starting armor for 80+% of the game and there isn't even any option to upgrade armor. Overall I just felt like finding items in Demon's Souls was rarely exciting.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ravenlight

Dark Souls. Because PC.

Hopefully the PC sales were good enough that DS2 sees a PC release as well.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#34  Edited By jacksukeru

@Ravenlight: Dark Souls II has had PC as one of its announced platforms since day 1.