#1 Posted by Teatime (27 posts) -

I have both a PC and a 360 and with the release of fallout 3 I came across the dilemma of on what system to buy it for.

So, is it better to play on a sofa or at a desk?

Sofa:  More comfortable.

Desk:  Makes the game more engaging.

dont care about the graphics

Throw some ideas out.. 

#2 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

Sofa, by far~

#3 Posted by Teatime (27 posts) -

Right,  I can argue both ways.  but since you got in first...  How engaging would lessons at school or college be if we were all sitting ass deep on sofas?

Maybe sitting up allows you to play better.

#4 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

I wouldn't say that playing it on the PC is any more engaging than playing on a couch or a bed with a large TV. Although for this game, it's all about graphics and sound. The gameplay won't vary much at all between versions, but whichever version you are able to give yourself the more immersive experience for this game with would be the better one. If there is one thing FO3 does better than most games this year, it creates a supreme intensity level and just keeps ramping it up throughout the game when you thought it just couldn't get any crazier. I'm around 19 hours in and I still haven't doen the main story at all.

So yeah. Base your decision on that.

#5 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -
Teatime said:
"Right,  I can argue both ways.  but since you got in first...  How engaging would lessons at school or college be if we were all sitting ass deep on sofas?

Maybe sitting up allows you to play better."
I could do just as well in school lying in bed.
#6 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Interesting thread.  

well, i will say sofa because of the time you will have to put into the game.  You will be more comfortable.
#7 Posted by Teatime (27 posts) -

Are there two modes of gaming?  Passive (sofa)?  and engaged (Desk).

I know that if I hit an online FPS on pc I have to be upright and intense.

Halo?  well,  I can lay back...   I die..  no matter.

#8 Posted by Teatime (27 posts) -

Sofa is casual gaming.

#9 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

I disagree completely I used to play on a couch, and I was just as into it, and as good as if I was sitting up in a computer chair.

#10 Posted by stucket (238 posts) -

Play on a chair,Sofa usually makes me too weak to play the game,

#13 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2220 posts) -

Well I use a computer as I can't fit a sofa into my room but it would be nice to lean back on a soft couch every once in a while.

#14 Posted by bemusedchunk (692 posts) -

Get 2 computers.

Sofa for controller games (FPS, Action, Platform, etc).

Desk for mouse/keyboard games (RTS, Multiplayer FPS, MMO, etc)

#15 Posted by dropabombonit (1490 posts) -

Sofa without a doubt in my mind, I value comfort over anything

#16 Edited by MethodMan008 (810 posts) -

Desk all the way. My chair for my desk is more comfortable than my couch... unless I am laying down.

#17 Edited by BigDaddy81 (328 posts) -

Get 2 computers.

Sofa for controller games (FPS, Action, Platform, etc).

Desk for mouse/keyboard games (RTS, Multiplayer FPS, MMO, etc)

Or get a rolling laptop cart and put a wireless keyboard and mouse on it. Working great for me as I type this while lying down on my comfy, comfy couch.

#18 Posted by believer258 (11907 posts) -

Necro!

Also, PC version has controller support, so if anyone still has this question then the answer is PC. Get a long HDMI cable and USB extension if you must play in a different room.

#19 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3388 posts) -

Necro!

Also, PC version has controller support, so if anyone still has this question then the answer is PC. Get a long HDMI cable and USB extension if you must play in a different room.

I agree or go with a desk that turns into a sofa or vice versa. They have those right?

#20 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I prefer my desk. I always finding myself sitting down on the floor if I play in my living room. I'm not a couch guy, I don't find playing on a sofa very comfy either. Also, my sofa never seem to be at the right distance. Always too far. I like to see the juicy details.

#21 Posted by TobbRobb (4647 posts) -

I hate to game in a sofa. You get too far from the screen and leaning too far back doesn't work when I need to focus. I just use my comfy fucking office chair for PC and console alike.

#22 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i say computer. there are so many mods for the game. one thing i love about computer games are the mods for it.

#23 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

Why don't you get an awesome comfy chair for your desk?

#24 Posted by mlarrabee (2957 posts) -

After four and a half years, I imagine his dilemma is sorted!

#25 Posted by RazielCuts (2954 posts) -

Whenever you can choose sofa over desk you are the better man for it, no one should sit at a desk for too long. (I do everyday and it suuucks for my back.)

#26 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -

I actually just enjoy a desk with a somewhat comfortable computer-desk chair and if I do want to lay back, just recline and put my feet up on the desk while playing. I really don't like being 10-15 feet from the television... for the 24 inch Sony Playstation Monitor I have, like 3-4 feet is the perfect distance from the monitor. I really don't like playing games on big tv's either.

#27 Edited by Embryonic (145 posts) -

Damn. Did Fallout 3 really come out 4 years ago?