Destiny being a dissapointment what are you playing?

• 118 results
Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Mistzero

Ever since I bought Destiny I've been feeling sort of hollowness with games in general. What I think happened was that I really got roped into the Destiny hype train so I pre-ordered it to get into the beta. The beta while being repetitive left me more excited because the game mechanics felt really solid. Knowing that it was Bungie making this game I had no doubt in my mind this game would be great and there would be no lacking in content. Then the game came out and boy was I shocked and confused but mostly confused. Where the heck was all the content? Where did all the money pumped by Activison go towards, can't be this game can it? I feel like I've been lied to even though it is technically my fault for buying into the hype; I just feel used by marketing and their pr. Now I feel a sort of disenchantment with the whole videogame scene and I feel no desire to play any of the games I have. So I want to ask you Bombers what are some older games you are now playing if you feel all the blockbuster games that came out were massive disappointments?

*Edited to clarify

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I enjoyed the hell out of Destiny for 200 hours. I'm currently playing Driveclub, Shadow of Mordor and The Evil Within, they're all pretty good. There are good games coming out. Bayonetta 2 is this week.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Destiny, I'm playing Destiny. Too bad you didn't like it.

I'll switch to dragon age and ac when they come and I'll play dreamfall since I fucking loved those first 2 games but until then it's Destiny all the way

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball:

@meatball said:

I enjoyed the hell out of Destiny for 200 hours. I'm currently playing Driveclub, Shadow of Mordor and The Evil Within, they're all pretty good. There are good games coming out. Bayonetta 2 is this week.

I played Destiny all the way to level 21, what that game does really well is make you feel that itch that you are missing out by not playing the game. However, when I do play it I don't feel there is any content that is there even to play, and no I don't want to play the same missions on harder difficulties.

delorean99947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've been playing a little of the new Borderlands but mostly Destiny.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By spraynardtatum

Wonderful 101 and about to do the Bayonetta thing. And Smash and Minecraft on vita. And Hotline Miami and Luftrausers.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny, I'm playing Destiny. Too bad you didn't like it.

I'll switch to dragon age and ac when they come and I'll play dreamfall since I fucking loved those first 2 games but until then it's Destiny all the way

Oh yeah, I forgot about Dragon Age, I'm cautiously excited about that game, loved DAO.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Man, there sure are a lot of assumptions that everyone else feels exactly the same way you do about everything you just said, some of which was flat out wrong.

I don't begrudge anyone for being disappointed with Destiny, I'm still playing it and I really like it, but there are certainly aspects of it that were disappointing. Still, to say all the blockbuster games are out and are a disapointment so everyone is just playing old games is crazy talk.

Shadow of Mordor was a surprise hit, Bayonetta 2 is killing it with critics, and there are plenty of big holiday games that haven't come out yet. Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 4, fucking Smash Bros. Let's not go writing off the entire holiday release schedule because you didn't like one game.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, there sure are a lot of assumptions that everyone else feels exactly the same way you do about everything you just said, some of which was flat out wrong.

I don't begrudge anyone for being disappointed with Destiny, I'm still playing it and I really like it, but there are certainly aspects of it that were disappointing. Still, to say all the blockbuster games are out and are a disapointment so everyone is just playing old games is crazy talk.

Shadow of Mordor was a surprise hit, Bayonetta 2 is killing it with critics, and there are plenty of big holiday that haven't come out yet. Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 4, fucking Smash Bros. Let's not go writing off the entire holiday release schedule because you didn't like one game.

Hey man if you like Destiny or whatever more power to you. I just wanted to know what games people are playing if they didn't like the blockbusters of the year so far.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel the end game grind is too long by half, at least.

I feel conflicted because I still enjoy the main gunplay loop, but annoyed that bungie doesn't value my time as player. This is grindest game I've played with the least amount of content. Reminds if playing a pen and paper rogue with a bad gm that make you "earn" everything and is overly mean because its realistic.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Also, I don't know why I wrote 200 hours, I meant to write 120, lol.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only reason I'm enjoying Destiny as much as I am, is that I rarely play FPS games anymore. I came in with lower expectations, and am enjoying the game for what it is a fun shooter with MMO elements, along with loot and progression.

I can't believe how much they botched their story and world building though. It's fucking laughably bad. Did no one have the thought run through their heads when making this being something like , "Wait, is our world, characters, and story engaging, interesting or even clear and apparent, at all?" I can't be bothered to look up shit on the grimore cards on a secondary device, hell I'd be lax to look at it on a separate menu within the game itself. It almost feels like they went out of their way to make the least engaging story ever told.

Fun enough game though.

Dude I can't agree with you more, the game mechanics just feel so good but where the heck is the content or story for that matter? Lack of those basic element in a videogame just made me not like this game, believe me I tried to like this game, I really did.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mistzero said:
@ll_exile_ll said:

Shadow of Mordor was a surprise hit, Bayonetta 2 is killing it with critics, and there are plenty of big holiday that haven't come out yet. Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 4, fucking Smash Bros. Let's not go writing off the entire holiday release schedule because you didn't like one game.

Hey man if you like Destiny or whatever more power to you. I just wanted to know what games people are playing if they didn't like the blockbusters of the year so far.

If you haven't liked many of this year's big releases that's totally your right, I just found the wording of your post a little prusumptious. You phrased the question of asking what people are playing as if it's some unanimous fact that the games of this year were a disappointment and therefore everyone must be playing old games, which I don't think is even remotely the case.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm done with Destiny until the first expansion comes out. I have a love-hate thing with that game. I hate many things about it. But I love playing it. But after getting three characters to 27+, I'm burnt on playing the same little amount of content over and over. I think I've squeezed everything out of that game that I can for the time being.

And I've been playing Dust: A something tale. Very forgettable game. Fun enough, but not as great as everyone made it out to be two years ago. I've also been playing Crimes and Punishments: Sherlock Holmes. Which is fantastic. Also NBA 2K15. Some Peggle 2. Just started Falling Skies The Game. And have The Evil Within on its way. Oh and FIFA 15. And DriveClub. Man DriveClub is shit. In my opinion, Destiny is not the biggest disappointment of the year. Its DriveClub. Oh and I need to start playing Horizons 2. Have a sealed copy sitting on my shelf. Man, I've got too many games going at once. Help me.

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

I'm playing Destiny and enjoying it.

Also, I bought a Wii U a few days ago, Super Mario 3D World is a blast.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mistzero

@ll_exile_ll said:

@mistzero said:
@ll_exile_ll said:

If you haven't liked many of this year's big releases that's totally your right, I just found the wording of your post a little prusumptious. You phrased the question of asking what people are playing as if it's some unanimous fact that the games of this year were a disappointment and therefore everyone must be playing old games, which I don't think is even remotely the case.

Of course it's not a fact, it's an opinion of mine and other critics. Nothing is a fact when you are evaluating any type of media critically everyone has their own viewpoints and tastes.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally getting Legendary armor I am losing a bit of steam in wanting to play. I still would like to do the raid but I need to get better guns and get my armor upgraded some more.

I started playing Wasteland 2 this weekend and put a shitload of time into that so far. I really like Fallout 2 (all of them are good in certain ways) and just general post apocalyptic themes so it's really clicking with me. It's not really that close to Fallout but it does have similar elements. I like the combat way more in Wasteland just because it makes use of environmental cover and allows you to provide cover fire for teammates as well as taking into account elevation and whatnot so it adds some extra strategy. It's not as goofy as Fallout but still has some weird black humor things happening.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started playing TF2 again. Still playing Destiny on the side.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've been playing 999. Incredible game, never thought I'd bother with that style of game but it's been really refreshing.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just sitting here waiting for bayonetta

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow of Mordor was a surprise hit, Bayonetta 2 is killing it with critics, and there are plenty of big holiday games that haven't come out yet. Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 4, fucking Smash Bros. Let's not go writing off the entire holiday release schedule because you didn't like one game.

Fucking smash bros man. I'm convincing a bunch of friends to take time off work to play that thing with me the day it comes out. Also yeah, Farcry 4. I'll wait for reviews but I might buy that too. (hell that's a lot of money)

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By myniceicelife

I played some Horizon 2 and Shadow of Mordor although not a lot of either. I still play Minecraft every so often and try to get a little bit of Tomodachi Life in each day. With the list of games still coming out I'm hoping one of them grabs me so I can play it for some good time (Bayonetta 2 is up next), but I don't know if any of them will match the 30+ hours that I put into Destiny even though I do find it disappointing. Then again Persona Q is coming near the end of November and I'm sure to play that for a long time.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spraynardtatum

Yeah, there sure are a lot of assumptions that everyone else feels exaclty the same way you do about everything you just said, some of which was flat out wrong.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played some Horizon 2 and Shadow of Mordor although not a lot of either. I still play Minecraft every so often and try to get a little bit of Tomodachi Life in each day. With the list of games still coming out I'm hoping one of them grabs me so I can play it for some good time (Bayonetta 2 is up next), but I don't know if any of them will match the 30+ hours that I put into Destiny even though I do find it disappointing. Then again Persona Q is coming near the end of November and I'm sure to play that for a long time.

I really want Persona 5 to come out as soon as possible, God I'd love to go back to a persona universe, I really want to see what the devs can put out in the current gen systems.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll said:

Yeah, there sure are a lot of assumptions that everyone else feels exaclty the same way you do about everything you just said, some of which was flat out wrong.

My opinions are wrong, thanks for clarifying for me.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I think Destiny is great. The loot system is just fucking terrible to the point where I stopped playing. Instead, I'm playing Trails in the Sky.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spraynardtatum

@mistzero said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

Oh, sorry, I was being sarcastic. I was pointing it out to @ll_exile_ll that you were sharing your opinion. I just did it in a confusing way that made sense in my head when I wrote it.

Oopsy, my b.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Destiny is great. The loot system is just fucking terrible to the point where I stopped playing. Instead, I'm playing Trails in the Sky.

How is that game Trails in the sky?

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I am playing Shadow of Mordor and Destiny.

Destiny is insanely flawed I have had a great time playing it but Bungie is lucky the game plays so well because everything around it is a goddamn travesty, it could have been a "ten year thing" and it probably will still but it could have been flat out one of the best games ever made. They changed stuff at the last second and it shows, the mission design the "story" are unforgivable and to top it off the Rubberbanding and sync issues in multiplayer are ...something else. Shooting someone then getting blown away only to watch them walk 10ft to the left then suddenly die from your hit...and it happens almost every match the fact that this huge game has P2P multiplayer is amazing.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mistzero said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

Oh, sorry, I was being sarcastic. I was pointing it out to @ll_exile_ll that you were sharing your opinion. I just did it in a confusing way that made sense in my head when I wrote it.

Oopsy, my b.

I wasn't saying the opinion was wrong, only that the implication in the OP (which has since been edited) that there weren't still many big games on the way was silly considering the many high profile games still to come within the next few weeks.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't really touched my PS4 in awhile. I liked Shadow of Mordor, but after beating it I don't really know what to do except go collectible gathering which isn't too fun.. I'm just waiting for the winter sale on steam and maybe Dragon Age if it gets good reviews.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By YI_Orange

@mistzero said:

@yi_orange said:

I like it a good amount so far(6 or so hours in. Second town) and I'm pretty sure it's one of those games that's often overlooked but people praise highly(including Greg Kasavin). It has kind of a weird Persona 2-esque combat system in that there's a grid, but positioning only matters for aoe attacks so it's not like an actually mini-tactics battle. I won't go into detail on that though, especially since right now I'm just mostly brute forcing or cheesing without any real strategy. Oh, and there's a customisable magic system that I don't fully understand yet, but I never really payed much attention to those kinds of systems.

The writing so far is the appeal though. The main character is kind of a dumb anime girl, but she's just divergent enough from that where she's enjoyable instead of annoying. I'm sure the localization helps since they add in some nice touches(spelling things out the way they'd be spoken e.g. Kanji). But there's a lot of fun and interesting flavor to the random NPCs. There's also a book(short story really) that you can buy chapters of throughout the game. I'm convinced that it's a book someone who worked on the game wrote but couldn't get published so they just said fuck it and put it in the game. I've read two chapters and the book seems to take itself pretty seriously, I'm not sure if there's gonna be some kind of stinger.

That said, it's a JRPG from 2004 and absolutely identifiable as such. If that's something that sounds appealing to you, it's 20 bucks on steam. If it helps it's produced by Nihon Falcom, the Ys people.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: This. I'm pretty stoked for Bayonetta. Especially after hearing some of the impressions you guys have talked about while we were playing Destiny.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haz said:

I've been playing 999. Incredible game, never thought I'd bother with that style of game but it's been really refreshing.

Same here, dude! i actually got one of the bad endings the other day and I'm currently playing it over on fast forward to do the correct choices for the good ending. I had no idea you could even get bad endings.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Flag, if you'll believe it. That game is pretty good actually. I played it on the PS3 a year ago, and considering that there's not a lot of open world games out for the new platforms, I decided to buy it again for PS4. And wow, that game is so much better on the new consoles. It's the first time since basically the first AC that the game doesn't feel held back by the platform. Frame rate is solid, draw distances are nice and just the technical side of it general is pretty good.

That being said, it's still an AC game, and boy are there some flaws in there. Chief among these is basically anything that happens on foot, as is par for the course for AC games. It's kind of baffling how bad that part of the game actually is, considering Black Flag is basically the first AC game to offer anything but that. It's kind of ironic that the free running in the game is still so poorly implemented, considering this is the series that first pioneered it. I've felt that the free running aspect has only worked in one AC game so far, and that's AC3.

There's a bunch of other minor annoyances as well, both with the combat and the ship stuff. A good example is that I just managed to defeat all the legendary ships, and then the game throws this great ramming skill at me. I mean, I've just defeated all the toughest ships, when will I need this? It sure would come in handy before I sank them. Still, considering I've thrown this many hours after the game, it's no doubt that I find it pretty good. Maybe even great.

Hearing your crew as they start singing while you're sailing for a unknown destination forgives a lot of the issues I have with this game. It's down right cozy. All in all I enjoyable game, though still not as good as AC3. People who tell you that game is bad are crazy people.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

The Halloween content in Terraria became available today so I loaded up the PC version and started collecting all the seasonal loot. Turns out there is a whole bug collecting/fishing/quest system that's been added since I last played so that's been cool too. I'll probably load up the Vita version and get the seasonal loot there too.

Other than that I've been doing a couple runs of Spelunky each day. Not too long ago I had a score of 1330850 (good enough for 61st on the leaderboard) but I wasn't online so it didn't update. It was actually a bad seed for scoring anyway. Now I'm pushing to beat that score since I know I can do it. I've broke the one million marker three times in the past month so it's just a matter of time.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This "disappointment" sounds familiar. Pretty much like Diablo 3 where a bunch of was warranted with the initial design but I would like to believe that just like Diablo 3 there can be corrections made to make it work.

Warren2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mistzero: I enjoyed my time with destiny but getting to level 27 with the content in the game is just to painful to carry on until they add stuff

since then I've been back on the pinball arcade and tekken tag 2, which I'd forgotten had a loot system in it too

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Destiny mostly. Also Dota but I always play Dota. Shadow of Mordor is pretty sweet too.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mistzero said:

@yi_orange said:

Its a fantastic game. I might play it again on my Vita TV when it arrives. I played it back in the day on PSP. Not sure if I need to re-buy it on Vita or if its still on my account. I'm not sure how the old PSP purchases work (or more specifically if I used the same PSN account on my PSP back in the day). If I still own it I'm going to replay it. I remember it being one of the best late JRPGs on the PSP that was overlooked. In fact there were a lot of really great JRPGs that came out towards the end of the PSP that didn't get much attention.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triple07 said:

Destiny mostly. Also Dota but I always play Dota. Shadow of Mordor is pretty sweet too.

Brad, is that you? Is this an alt account?

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Borderlands:TPS. It has actual loot in it.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bargainben

There's no monthly fee so when I see people playing it while bemoaning playing it, Im like "yer crazy". And when I see people putting 200 hours into 12 hours of content for a game, again, no monthly fee, I go "lol do u I guess". If your main complaint for the game is lack of content you can just stop playing, people are treating this game like WoW or something but there's no monthly fee. I stopped playing after 20 hours, might jump in again if the DLC seems good. This game has no obligation to provide anyone with a lifetime of content. If you're tired of the game stop playing it, putting another 100 hours in is like sociopathic.

But Im playing Borderlands TPS too, other than some awful traversal stuff its fine. Feel like a lot of side content is half assed. There's one quest I cant complete because the item I need to pick up flew into lava. Another I can't complete because the elevator never reset. A couple quests I cant even start cus Im not even sure how to reach then. This game has some issues but the main quest stuff is alright.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Original_Hank

Beat Destiny then immediately played through the last of us HD. Its like night and day.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still playing Destiny 130 hours later. There's disappointment, but I still really like the game.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing Ryse because I had to know the mediocreness for myself. I also finally started playing Spelunky.

But like most people, I'm waiting for Bayonetta 2. And Beyond Earth.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dichemstys

I was pretty hyped for Destiny but ended up skipping it due to seeing it in action and realizing it's not really for me. I got into Super Smash Bros and Dark Void.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently watching a dude go from 0 to Raid for Extra Life and the more I see of Destiny, the more I want to give it a shot. Maybe not in its current form but, the guys that get into it are WAY INTO IT.

DriveClub is starting to grow on me but my big surprise so far is how much I enjoyed Metro Redux. And that game looks great.