Destiny being a dissapointment what are you playing?

• 118 results
Avatar image for respiteforthelovelorn
RespitefortheLovelorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I get ya.The beta just scared me away.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Shit, I put in about 80 hours into Destiny in the duration of September. I had a blast with it, but by the time I reached level 28, I just exhausted my excitement and drive to play more.

Now, I'm trying to finish Shadow of Mordor before Halo and Unity come out but DAMN, side content keeps me distracted like a mofo. Add onto the fact that I also bought Legend of Korra and Sunset Overdrive and I'm backed up for months!

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Shadow of Mordor, Alien: Isolation, and the first Dead Space.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never thought that the Last of US online multiplayer mode is that fun since most of the impressions focus on the story part of the game but one of my friends stressed on how good it is .Then, i tried it and know i am impressed !

I'm even surprised that i'm finding a multiplayer mode of single player focused game is more engaging and balanced than the online based game which is Destiny .

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By theacidskull

Playing the Evil Within. I'm actually surprised at how fun the second playthrough is. The first time it was pure survival horror, since it forced me to be extremely careful and attentive of my surroundings. Now with my upgrades and knowledge of where all nooks and crannies are, I'm having an absolute blast slaughtering the haunted. That being said, the game's still nerve wrecking and difficult, considering that every time I got to cocky I had my ass handed to me.

I love this game so much, easily one of the best this year.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still playing through The Evil Within (slowly) in the night hours. I picked up Sunset Overdrive as well so I'm playing that too. Add in a bit of Borderlands: Pre-sequel as co-op fun times and that's my gaming landscape for the moment. Other then when Far Cry 4 comes out, I'm not sure what game I'll pick out of my backlog and play next after I finish one or two of these.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still playing through The Evil Within(slowly) in the night hours. I picked up Sunset Overdrive as well so I'm playing that too. Add in a bit of Borderlands: Pre-sequel as co-op fun times and that's my gaming landscape for the moment. Other then when Far Cry 4 comes out, I'm not sure what game I'll pick out of my backlog and play next after I finish one or two of these.

Enjoying it?

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

Yes, very much so. I feel the game has an uneven pace at times (up to chapter 9 at the moment) but other then that it's the kind of follow-up to RE4 I hope Shinji Mikami would make. The story so far hasn't made a lot of sense and has felt more like a horror fun house, but that's fine. I'm here to shoot guys in the face and make heads pop and get a good scare or two. My progress has been slow in the game because of how tense it is. I wouldn't say I've been "scared" in the way say something like Fatal Frame 2 or some parts of Outlast fucked with me. But the atmosphere and tone of the game puts me on my toes at all times, especially once Ruvik starts popping up and doing his thing. I never really feel safe and find it mentally draining. So I only find myself only about to play two to three hours at a time until I have to put it down.

I'll be very interested to see what the DLC with Kidman is all about, and I might be extremely dumb and attempt Akumu mode too.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

Yes, very much so. I feel the game has an uneven pace at times (up to chapter 9 at the moment) but other then that it's the kind of follow-up to RE4 I hope Shinji Mikami would make. The story so far hasn't made a lot of sense and has felt more like a horror fun house, but that's fine. I'm here to shoot guys in the face and make heads pop and get a good scare or two. My progress has been slow in the game because of how tense it is. I wouldn't say I've been "scared" in the way say something like Fatal Frame 2 or some parts of Outlast fucked with me. But the atmosphere and tone of the game puts me on my toes at all times, especially once Ruvik starts popping up and doing his thing. I never really feel safe and find it mentally draining. So I only find myself only about to play two to three hours at a time until I have to put it down.

I'll be very interested to see what the DLC with Kidman is all about, and I might be extremely dumb and attempt Akumu mode too.

Well the story is very much like a mix of silent hill, shatter island and a couple of other horror cliches, but essentially it's what I expected and it serves the gameplay well, so it's completely fine. And I completely agree, the game isn't really scary, but it is mentally and physically draining.Hell, you have no idea how happy I was when I could finally save the game and go to the mental hospital/sanctuary. Chapter 10 and 14 were particularly difficult and exhausting if I remember correctly.

You should try the New Game + mode first. I'm playing through it right now and it became so much more fun with my upgrades. Though, don't get to cocky if you do decide play the + mode, because the game fucked me over a couple of times because of that.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Lost_Remnant

@theacidskull:

Yeah, the story is riffing from a lot of influences, even though I'm not sure where it's leading yet I do like the "Where the hell am I?" motif the story has. One moment I'm in a hospital type area, blasting invisible haunted and the next I'm in the dark ages. Now in chapter 9 I'm in a manor very reminiscent of RE1. The environment is consistently interesting so that does make up a lot of the difference for me. Where I'm at now, Ruvik is popping up "at will" and making my life hell. Once he killed me a couple of times, I put it down. I'll come at it fresh another night, by the time I got to the manor I was starting to get stressed out by the game and was panicking when he showed up to turn my head into mulch.

No doubt, I'll do New Game + and nightmare before I even touch Akumu. I'm not going to attempt it till I'm pretty familiar with the games "tricks" as it were. I'll probably end up snagging all the achievements in this game since for whatever reason I like to play these kind of games to death until I get very, very good. I ultimately got to the point in RE4 where just for the challenge I did pistol runs, or other "gimped" challenging runs just to see if I could. I could very well do the same with The Evil Within. I imagine Akumu mode will make me very, very humble though.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By theacidskull

@theacidskull:

Yeah, the story is riffing from a lot of influences, even though I'm not sure where it's leading yet I do like the "Where the hell am I?" motif the story has. One moment I'm in a hospital type area, blasting invisible haunted and the next I'm in the dark ages. Now in chapter 9 I'm in a manor very reminiscent of RE1. The environment is consistently interesting so that does make up a lot of the difference for me. Where I'm at now, Ruvik is popping up "at will" and making my life hell. Once he killed me a couple of times, I put it down. I'll come at it fresh another night, by the time I got to the manor I was starting to get stressed out by the game and was panicking when he showed up to turn my head into mulch.

No doubt, I'll do New Game + and nightmare before I even touch Akumu. I'm not going to attempt it till I'm pretty familiar with the games "tricks" as it were. I'll probably end up snagging all the achievements in this game since for whatever reason I like to play these kind of games to death until I get very, very good. I ultimately got to the point in RE4 where just for the challenge I did pistol runs, or other "gimped" challenging runs just to see if I could. I could very well do the same with The Evil Within. I imagine Akumu mode will make me very, very humble though.

Yeah, the game can really get like that. At a certain point it's just to much to take in so you just need to give a rest. Funny thing though, I actually really like that it makes me feel so helpless and tired. The fact that the game is draining me shows that it's a great interactive experience. And again, I totally agree, the environments in the game feel really divers and different from one another, which makes the whole game feel fresh and new at every turn.
Oh , and here are a couple of tips for facing Ruvik:

• If you are close, try to come to the main hall and run in circles using the stairs, it's a good way to stay away from Ruvik at all times.
  • Whatever you do, DO NOT hide in any place. I tried a couple of times and he killed me every single time.
  • If you are cornered make him come closer and then try to quickly dash around him.

That's all I got at this point. To be honest, I didn't even encounter him that many times. As for Akumu, I might give it a shot, but like you said, it's only advisable to try that mode ONLY after you've learned almost everything to know about the game, otherwise it'll be a giant hammer slam to the nerves.

Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got into Final Fantasy XIV. Having more fun with it than I ever did with WoW...or Destiny, for that matter. Can't wait to get my own chocobo!

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm still slightly interested in playing Destiny before the year is over. Though I imagine at this point I would be playing it alone, which makes the idea a little unappealing. In the meantime, I collected all the trophies in Transistor. I quite liked it. I've got a few games I want to write about in a blog, so hopefully I'll get around to that before The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth takes over my life later this week.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@sunbrozak: No you won't. A lot of people are creating second and third characters. Not to mention, the game is most played in the endgame, where you can go to the Destiny board and group up with people.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Destiny, It wasn't a disappointment for everyone.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm still playing Diablo 3 on PC and waiting until Rebirth is released. Even after it's release I'll probably still be going back for more Diablo 3.

I've been pretty burnt out on Borderlands 2. Not sure if it's cause I'm just exhausted on FPS types of games lately or if everyone else I was playing with stopped playing Borderlands 2.

Markiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Stor Revolution and GTA V xD . I just cant seem to finish them cuz im studying too much :(

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#118  Edited By LiquidPrince

For people shitting on Destiny's loot system, you aren't playing it optimally. I used to think it was shitty as well, but the more I've played the more I've realized what you need to do to get a constant stream of loot dropping. Granted it's not perfect, and it relies on you being at least level 24, but once you hit that level, you are pretty consistently getting more loot. You just have to do Tiger Strikes which guarantee at least two blue engrams (up to four, which can also upgrade to legendary depending on luck) as well as doing the weekly Nightfall strikes, and the Raid. I did my first Raid a week ago and was given three new legendary weapons, a shader and a legendary class item. If you're running around and relying on just in game kills to give you items, then getting the stuff you need will take forever. The post level 20 game is all about optimizing the way you play in order to get the gear you need as fast as possible. If you do all the weekly stuff, you should naturally be getting a constant stream of new stuff, and you should simultaneously be amassing Strange Coins which help you get exotic armor and weapons from Xur.

In short:

• Tiger Strikes
  • Daily Story Mission
  • Weekly Strike
  • Nightfall Strike
  • The Raid
  • Xur

It also helps if you're playing with friends, like I am. Playing with friends makes every event a lot more fun, but this is pretty much true of all multiplayer/socially connected focused games.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still in probably once a week. Been having more fun with Sherlock Homes Crimes and Punishments.

Kimozabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now, it's CoD: AW.

Gun play is vastly more exciting and fast-paced. I can't play Destiny anymore. That, and Destiny's ball-numbingly repetitiveness has ruined my enjoyment of that game.

But this being November, it's gonna switch between CoD: AW, AC: Unity, Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age. For Pete's sake - not enough time for all these games...

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121  Edited By spraynardtatum

I'm selling Destiny for $40 if anyone wants it.