Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -

Hey duders - 

Just a quick update on a smaller feature we just pushed. Made a little content pod under the sub nav of every game page that displays the 4 most recent guides for that game. We should have had something here since we launched guides - but its all good cause we got it in now.

Anyway, nothing too big - but if you're a guide author, hopefully this will get readership up on your guides :)

Other than that - pushed out some new code on ComicVine today and I'll be working on a pretty fun project for you guys this evening!

caption

#1 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -

Hey duders - 

Just a quick update on a smaller feature we just pushed. Made a little content pod under the sub nav of every game page that displays the 4 most recent guides for that game. We should have had something here since we launched guides - but its all good cause we got it in now.

Anyway, nothing too big - but if you're a guide author, hopefully this will get readership up on your guides :)

Other than that - pushed out some new code on ComicVine today and I'll be working on a pretty fun project for you guys this evening!

caption

#2 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Subtle, but neat. It will make it easier for wiki kids to find guides.

#3 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

Awesome!

And might we know what the little secret project is?
#4 Posted by Player1 (3871 posts) -

NICE!

I was about to ask you for something like this. I was wondering why a couple of my guides randomly got a lot of views today. 
#5 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Just saw it... on a page with no guides. Can you maybe hide that or something if there aren't any guides available for a game?

#6 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1065 posts) -

Well, it's the little things that makes great things - great.

And yeah, what LordAndrew said :}

#7 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
"Just saw it... on a page with no guides. Can you maybe hide that or something if there aren't any guides available for a game?"
yeah - i'll do that -- that's a good idea.
#8 Edited by Endogene (4741 posts) -
coonce said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Just saw it... on a page with no guides. Can you maybe hide that or something if there aren't any guides available for a game?"
"
Well it is a hint for people to make a guide for that game sort of.
Now if only we could post a thread on multiple forums like a game page and a platform page... if only... (hint hint)
#9 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -
Endogene said:
"coonce said:
"LordAndrew said:
"
Now if only we could post a thread on multiple forums like a game page and a platform page... if only... (hint hint)"
That would be sort of trivial. But handy at times.
#10 Posted by Honey (12 posts) -

Cool!

#11 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

I fully approve. GB's guide tools actually motivated me to write guides, something I never thought I'd do :P The more ways to promote said guides, the better.

Now if only people would stop 1-star rating the TFU megaguide :(

Nice work guys!

#12 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -
Endogene said:
"coonce said:
"LordAndrew said:
"
Now if only we could post a thread on multiple forums like a game page and a platform page... if only... (hint hint)"
not to get too off-topic on this thread - but this is something we made a conscious decision not to allow. we felt like allowing users to attach a blog or start a forum topic under multiple boards would be a little confusing to users - and it also causes some display issues that we weren't really willing to address.
however, if you really want to attach your content to multiple wiki objects (like the xbox page and the gears of war page), you can still use blog association tool when you write your blogs. not a perfect solution - but it'll probably be the way things are going to stay for the near term :)
#13 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -

No matter how small of an update, they never go unappreciated. Thanks again!

#14 Edited by MattBodega (1906 posts) -

Great new feature Coonce!
Now if only there were more walkthoughs for the pages I visit. Mostly Hentai games and Tennis Sims.
....I mean, What?

#15 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
MattBodega said:
"Great new feature Coonce!
Now if only there were more walkthoughs for the pages I visit. Mostly Hentai games and Tennis Sims.
....I mean, What?"
We all know you mean it. :)
#16 Posted by TheWorstPlayerEver (390 posts) -

cool idea. really glad to see you guys constantly updating the site and making it better and more user friendly. Keep up the good work

#17 Posted by nakratz (107 posts) -

This update is sweet. It makes it a lot easier to see user content. I didn't like having to go to another page just to see if the game has a guide now I will know right when the page loads.

I also like how you keep everybody informed with stuff that is going on with the site. Keep these updates coming.