DEVELOPER DIARY: Sunday Night

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

Edited By coonce

I love how the wall is a more prominent feature on the user profile pages now -- it feels more natural there, and I think it really encourages more conversation between the community.

Anyway, a feature I have always wanted (just haven't had the time to hook up yet) has been a 'Wall to Wall' view --- so you can see a more timelined conversation between you and one of your friends...... so I spent a few minutes hooking it up tonight. Nothing big (and not that hard to do), but I hope you guys dig it :)

Happy Sunday, we'll see you guys manana.
coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By coonce

I love how the wall is a more prominent feature on the user profile pages now -- it feels more natural there, and I think it really encourages more conversation between the community.

Anyway, a feature I have always wanted (just haven't had the time to hook up yet) has been a 'Wall to Wall' view --- so you can see a more timelined conversation between you and one of your friends...... so I spent a few minutes hooking it up tonight. Nothing big (and not that hard to do), but I hope you guys dig it :)

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke

Oh, whoa, I just tried it out... This is a great idea!  Makes me want to post on more peoples Walls :p

The site just keeps getting better and better all the time!  Keep it up!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

Just tried it out...nice new feature, though it reminds me so much of Facebook right now that I feel kind of dirty. And dude...it's totally Monday here! :P So Happy Friggin' Monday!

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By coonce

@kush - you don't like facebook dude?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kush

I don't mind Facebook...it's been quite useful for keeping in touch with old classmates etc. My dirtiness may be coming from a conversation I'm currently having with an old friend on FB right now. It's basically me calling her a crackhead and her telling me that my name apparently rhymes with two full sentences of jiburish.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Lashe

Yay =] This was one of my reqs in the Suggestion thread, its an awesome feature -- thanks!

Joseppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Joseppie

Saw this earlier tonight, great thing to add to the site. Cheers!

ozeki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ozeki

Awesome! Thanks!

I noticed the new design brings out the users/community as well as make things efficient/sustainable/fast for you guys.

The similarities to FB are obvious (and there is nothing bad in that IMO). You could say that the GB is becoming the "Social Networking Wikipedia" of gaming. :)

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Awesome duder. Someone suggested this in the suggestions thread the other day, and I thought it was a good idea, and it's here already.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew

Hm, okay. I see what that is. Neat.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Jayge_
coonce said:
"I love how the wall is a more prominent feature on the user profile pages now -- it feels more natural there, and I think it really encourages more conversation between the community.

"
You could make the wall even better by repealing the stupid two-post limit.
coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By coonce

just rolled out some new code right now that brings the wall form directly into that page - so you can keep posting from that page w/out having to necessarily go back to your friends' profile page to drop a note.... nothing big, just a slight improvement.

let me know if you see any bugs.

about the 2 post limit -- that'll prolly stay around for a bit -- but i was thinking about having more options at the user level to allow each user to set up their own wall prefs, like auto-accepting wallposts and possibly allowing users to remove the 2 post limit for the friends..... we'll see - gotta fix some more bugs first :)
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordAndrew

Can we also get dates and the ability to see previous wall comments? Both are missing from the current wall.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By lordofultima

Good stuff coonce, also: we're totally going to street fight eventually. Every time you send me a request I'm pre-occupied or something, and then when I'm available you're in battle! lulz.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Endogene
PyjamaRama said:
"Please remove the 2 posts limit! I don't see the need when the person has to approve or deny the posts anyway. :)"
Say someone was in the mood and left you 200 messages and you would have to appove/deny them all how would you feel? It's an anti spam method.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LordAndrew
Endogene said:
"PyjamaRama said:
"Please remove the 2 posts limit! I don't see the need when the person has to approve or deny the posts anyway. :)"
Say someone was in the mood and left you 200 messages and you would have to appove/deny them all how would you feel? It's an anti spam method. "
But sometimes weeks have passed and I still can't post another comment. Maybe they could let us post again after a specific period of time?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Endogene said:
"PyjamaRama said:
Say someone was in the mood and left you 200 messages and you would have to appove/deny them all how would you feel? It's an anti spam method. "
There should be a time thing as well on wall posts. It should be 2 posts in a row per day or something like that. Because sometimes you might be the only person posting on a persons wall, so you might want to post more than 2 in a row, but they'll probably be a day or more apart. If it was 2 in a row per day then it would still stop endless spam, but it would allow people to post many in a row over long periods of time.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Endogene

Guess that could work yeah.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LordAndrew

Oh, and the ability to block certain people from commenting on your wall. If they're going to spam your wall, they're going to do it as much as possible.