Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Diablo 3 Draws Me In, and Won't Let Go

absolutelybri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By absolutelybri

I played a lot, A LOT, of Diablo 2 about 15 years ago. I bought my first router, so I could LAN Diablo 2 with my best friends. Lots of weekends was a LAN Party.

When they announce Diablo 3 I was as enthusiastic as anyone. Three years after release I still had not played Diablo 3. So when the PS4 version got rave reviews I decided it was time for me to dive in.

Diablo 3 is everything I could have asked for from a follow up to Diablo 2. The game play is an addictive mix of smashing, spell casting, and buff management. The Reaper of Souls version provides a constant stream of good loot through the main game, and in the end game. The combo system provides a constant reason to push forward quickly, and pushing the combat forward as fast as you can is the best way to play this game.

The story is what is to be expected from a Diablo game. Demons and Angels, lets go save heaven and earth. The voice acting is good, and I enjoyed the way audio logs are presented. Something I haven't enjoyed in any other game.

I played as a Crusader, and a bit of Witch Doctor. I really want the Platinum Trophy which requires getting to level 70 with all classes, and in hardcore mode. The end game is a logical and fun place to go. The daily bounties and rifts are an optimal way to experience that driving game play that pulls you through the main story. This a game where bumping up the difficulty is strongly encouraged and rewarded. No other game has made me excited for the next difficulty level.

I am far from being done with the game, but I completed all V Acts of the main story line. I reached level 70, but in adventure mode I am paragon level 48. With 800 Paragon levels in total I plan on spending a lot of time with my Crusader. If you have an inkling of interest in Diablo 3 you should go for it. I find it hard for anyone to be disappointing with it.

I meant to keep this a bit shorter. I'll keep you updated on my Diablo 3 progress.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By HH

i've also been hooked by the Ultimate Evil edition on ps4, after trying and failing to get into the pc and 360 versions, but i've got to say i find the end-game a little odd. the greater rifts scale in difficulty at such a steep curve once you get to the mid thirties it more or less negates any defensive strategy you have by one-shotting your dude with almost everything. effectively you're throwing yourself at a wall, courting death constantly, which i find a little disheartening for an endgame set-up.

also the item sets become essential for progress, but they really narrow down your build options. I have a lvl 70 wizard and witch doctor that are pushing into greater rift 40 +, i also have a character of every other class leveling up smoothly and quickly in adventure mode, but i can see myself leaning more towards hardcore characters in future, because outright survival rather than progress might just allow for more build flexibility, and that's what i like most about the game - how customizable the gameplay is with elective mode.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

diablo 3 is a devourer of time for me tbh. so much i bought it again on ps4. >.<

i'm content with single player w/ ai templar, but maybe i should try joining groups more often.

shrinerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shrinerr-1909/hero/8536498

as a pc player, with 3 characters leveled to 70 with full sets and beaten minimum greater rift level 40 for each of them, you learn to let go pretty quickly. but yeah, still fun.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ripelivejam

@dudeglove said:

It's great but I can't play it solo

pardon my ignorance, but is there any difference besdies difficulty and # of monsters? are drop rates and quality affected? i literally had one friend who played it for a bit then stopped, then some work buddies who played it for a bit and stopped. did some rifts with them with a woefully underleveled character who died every 10 seconds.

just don't see a purpose playing with randoms except just for the hell of playing co-op or if there's other unforseen benefits.

e: this coming from someone who probably has 100 hrs clocked in. god i'm dumb.

Bam_Boozilled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've considered getting it on PC. First (and only) place I got it was on the xbox 360. I've used it basically entirely for some couch coop action but when there are some drawbacks. Namely everyone who is playing coop needs to have an xbox account that owns the game or they can't save. I could play with my family but not my friends.

On the PC I will most likely play exclusively by myself. I'm interested in other people's thoughts in how single player holds up. I never really tried playing solo on xbox.

Avatar image for needsmoreclipping
    needsmoreclipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By needsmoreclipping

Only problem with D3 on the PS4 is online play, due to the sheer amount of cheaters using modded/hacked items. Just wait until your character instantly jumps 1000+ levels completely ruining the entire point of the game. It's no longer any fun when you can kill everything with a hit or two. The only thing you can do about it is create a new character and either play local co-op or online with trusted people.

absolutelybri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played online with any random players, but it wouldn't be fun to play with someone who is "hacking" the game when you are not. The best way to play end game is playing with someone you know for sure.

I think with loot 2.0 update the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation the drop rates and loot should all be synced, as long as every platform is on the same version.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I think what makes this game better than other loot driven games (such as Borderlands) is the pacing and arcade-like gameplay. I still play every once and awhile and it's been pretty fun. n.n

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.