Diablo style or loot driven games

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By narley

Hey guys. I started a topic a 1 week ago asking for games I could play on my laptop, wich isnt really made for games. I got good options from you guys. 
One of the optinos was Titan quest. I wanted to play it, but I havent found the game, and I dont like to buy digital copys. I did however found Sacred. Good Diablo style game. Im into those kind of RPGs, loot driven games. Thats why I like Torchlight and Borderlands. 

What games do you know that are similar to Diablo, not because of the dungeon crawlling, but because of the loot. Thats what keeps people like me hooked on those games. I know theres alot of people who like this games too. So this list might help us all. 
I already used the similar games option on giant bomb. Thats where I found out about Sacred. But I know there are games that might be excluded from the list, or that might be there but the cover didint catch my eye or something, and I might be missing out.
Blackmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Blackmoore

I suppose Fate should be included. It's the predecessor to Torchlight more or less. Also a game that I kinda liked myself, and I think Greg Kasavin reviewed on Gamespot, Throne of Darkness. Made by Sierra, it's similar to Diablo, but Japanese themed and a little more strategic. 

Both these games are old and you should have no problems running on your laptop should you actually find a copy of these games, especially the latter. Good luck with finding that one.

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fynne

They're still selling the Diablo 2 pack at EB, Best Buy and Walmart.  Torchlight has already been mentioned.  It's a complete clone of Diablo.  Not sure if your PC can handle it, but Borderlands is also very Diablo like.

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By narley

Yea, fate and torchlight are good ones. Fate got ruined for me when I found out I could cheat. I couldt help my self and I ended up getting a cool pet and tons of money. 
You can do the same in torchlight. but I didint even try to cheat. I dont want to ruin the game. 
Any more choices.
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Driadon

I heard Silverfall is very Diablo-esque but as to whether it's a decent game or not, I do not know.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By WitchHunter_Z
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

Really you won't play digital copies on your netbook?  Having a steam account with games is an easy way to play games on a netbook.  Just set to offline mode when you leave, and you'll still be able to play your game without being connected to the internet. 

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By narley
@DOUBLESHOCK:
Its not that i dont like playing them. But when I have the choice betwen a digital copy and a hard copy, I prefer CD / DVD. 
Getting a digital copy is for when thats the only option, like for DLC of game. 
So if I can choose betwen downloading the liberty city episodes of gta4 or buying the disk, I'll get the disk.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By penguindust