#201 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

He is right, props to sony for supporting them for years.

#202 Posted by TheHT (11820 posts) -

Bummer. Good speech though

#203 Posted by Milkman (17338 posts) -

Logical inconsistencies aside, this all warms my heart. Perfect choice.

#204 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Milkman said:

But...The Walking Dead beat Journey for Best Downloadable Game so how...

Dunno, I would say The Walking Dead felt more like a Downloadable Game, like how you got a episode each couple of months. Waiting for the next episode to come out is really something only a Downloadable game can do if that makes sense.

#205 Posted by Sgtpierceface (648 posts) -

Good show.

#206 Posted by mrfluke (5350 posts) -

and thats a show! its been cool sharing thoughts with you all on this board

#207 Posted by Demoskinos (15172 posts) -

I just want to say Ni No Kuni best be nominated for some shit next year. Now to go play more Ni No Kuni....

Online
#208 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

That was like The Oscars where as the VGA's are like the MTV awards.

#209 Posted by mrfluke (5350 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

That was like The Oscars where as the VGA's are like the MTV awards.

exactly

#210 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

That was like The Oscars where as the VGA's are like the MTV awards.

I prefer this to the oscars. Those are drawn out.

#211 Posted by TheHT (11820 posts) -

Come on post awards show interviewer, don't ask em what's next right off the bat. Talk about the awards they got!

#212 Posted by Sgtpierceface (648 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

That was like The Oscars where as the VGA's are like the MTV awards.

And yet, 100% more drunk people than any of those!

#213 Posted by mrfluke (5350 posts) -

That game company pulls off what david cage and warren spector had tried years to pull off but never succeeded to.

good for that game company getting recognized by the others in the community, i hope they stay humble

#214 Posted by Demoskinos (15172 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

That game company pulls off what david cage and warren spector had tried years to pull off but never succeeded to.

good for that game company getting recognized by the others in the community, i hope they stay humble

Yeah, exactly I can respect them unlike Cage who just comes off as a brash idiot to me.

Online
#215 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Sgtpierceface said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

That was like The Oscars where as the VGA's are like the MTV awards.

And yet, 100% more drunk people than any of those!

Skylander guy was the Kayne West of the DICE Awards.

#216 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

My overall opinion on the show: drunk guy was the best part, but overall too much awkward and dead air. Not as obnoxious as the VGA awards, but still kind of bad.

I'm enjoying these interviews more than the show.

#217 Posted by mrfluke (5350 posts) -
#218 Posted by Sgtpierceface (648 posts) -

So how many awards did Journey actually win?

#219 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -
#220 Posted by Sgtpierceface (648 posts) -

@CaptainTightPants said:

My overall opinion on the show: drunk guy was the best part, but overall too much awkward and dead air. Not as obnoxious as the VGA awards, but still kind of bad.

I'm enjoying these interviews more than the show.

I would argue that even the Oscars has a pretty similar amount of awkward.

#221 Posted by TheHT (11820 posts) -

@CaptainTightPants said:

My overall opinion on the show: drunk guy was the best part, but overall too much awkward and dead air. Not as obnoxious as the VGA awards, but still kind of bad.

I'm enjoying these interviews more than the show.

I'd say the drunk guy and the pioneer/hall of fame videos were the best bits.

#222 Posted by Demoskinos (15172 posts) -

@Sgtpierceface said:

So how many awards did Journey actually win?

I'm thinking like 6?

Online
#223 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: u know whats interesting that i found out? venturebeat ran an article asking devs what game they are looking forward to the most, and jenova chen said hes looking forward to GTA5

i even asked patrick about this http://patrickhatesformspring.tumblr.com/post/42528802476/did-you-see-the-article-on-venturebeat-where-jenova#notes

jenova is truly a genius, hes gonna win a hall of fame award down the line

Jenova is a great dude. I remember how great he was on that one E3 bombcast.

#224 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@CaptainTightPants said:

My overall opinion on the show: drunk guy was the best part, but overall too much awkward and dead air. Not as obnoxious as the VGA awards, but still kind of bad.

I'm enjoying these interviews more than the show.

But these guys job isn't to read off a script like the Actors that present the awards at the Oscars, so I thought they did a great job. I liked it, straight to the point with given awards away.

#225 Posted by mrfluke (5350 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: @ImmortalSaiyan: its just awesome to see a visionary dude actually get inspiration from games and like games that the pretentious visionaries vilify all the time.

super glad he got the game direction award.

#226 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Sgtpierceface said:

So how many awards did Journey actually win?

I'm thinking like 6?

8 out of the 11 it was nominated for, I'm pretty sure.

So this was a super fun awards show to watch. The VGAs could take some fucking lessons. Maybe give out some, you know, awards.

#227 Posted by Wraith1 (579 posts) -

So I only caught what won GOTY, what won what and what interesting things did I miss?

#228 Posted by mrfluke (5350 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@mrfluke said:

That game company pulls off what david cage and warren spector had tried years to pull off but never succeeded to.

good for that game company getting recognized by the others in the community, i hope they stay humble

Yeah, exactly I can respect them unlike Cage who just comes off as a brash idiot to me.

yea same, i thought heavy rain was a decent game, but man david cage is a pretentious asshole

#229 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

@Demoskinos said:

@mrfluke said:

That game company pulls off what david cage and warren spector had tried years to pull off but never succeeded to.

good for that game company getting recognized by the others in the community, i hope they stay humble

Yeah, exactly I can respect them unlike Cage who just comes off as a brash idiot to me.

yea same, i thought heavy rain was a decent game, but man david cage is a pretentious asshole

I liked Heavy Rain a lot at the time but I do not agree with Cage's game design philosophy. I really need to watch that keynote.

#230 Posted by PandaBear (1384 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@PandaBear said:

Awards shows for any medium and awful. A faceless group saying game X is better than game Y ... at least the GB guys have the good sense to argue like maniacs in front of the world before they declare a winner.

It's not really a faceless group when it is the game developers voting.

That's no more open then "The Academy" or "The Hollywood Foreign Press" or "The Grammy Dudes".

#231 Posted by mrfluke (5350 posts) -

@Wraith1: Borderlands 2 wins best action game

hero academy wins mobile game

handheld game of the year goes to paper mario.

definitely journey wins that award for best music! and best sound design!

yep walking dead winning best story makes perfect sense also

walking dead won best character performance

best downloadable game goes to walking dead

casual game of the year = journey

family game of the year = skylanders giants

rpg/mmo goty = mass effect 3

Xcom won best strategy game

outstanding innovation in gaming goes to = journey

sports game of the year = FIFA 13

racing game of the year = Need for Speed Most Wanted (totally expected forza to win)

fighting game of the year = PLAYSTATION ALL STARS

Hall of Fame goes to Gabe Newell.

outstanding achievement in online gameplay goes to = Journey

outstanding achievement in connectivity goes to = Halo 4

outstanding achievement in animation = Assassins creed 3

outstanding achievement in art direction = JOURNEY

outstanding achievement in visual engineering = Halo 4

outstanding achievement in gameplay engineering = XCOM

Adventure game of the year = Walking Dead

Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction = Journey

GAME OF THE YEAR = Journey

might wanna edit the first post and post the winners, wouldnt be surprised if this thread gets more views and people going "who won" in the morning

#232 Posted by Demoskinos (15172 posts) -

@PandaBear said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@PandaBear said:

Awards shows for any medium and awful. A faceless group saying game X is better than game Y ... at least the GB guys have the good sense to argue like maniacs in front of the world before they declare a winner.

It's not really a faceless group when it is the game developers voting.

That's no more open then "The Academy" or "The Hollywood Foreign Press" or "The Grammy Dudes".

I don't think it needs to be open. We aren't part of the voting process and the awards aren't for us. They don't even owe us streaming the thing so we can watch it. Which for many years it wasn't aired anywhere. Its for the industry to celebrate itself.

Online
#233 Posted by spankingaddict (2740 posts) -

I wish Dust and Fez got more credit , but that was a pretty show .

Journey and Walking Dead definitely deserve the praise .

#234 Posted by mrfluke (5350 posts) -

very glad also to see xcom getting its dues as well.

that game was fantastic