Did Amazon get rid of their free release date delivery?

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm pre-ordering Trials Fusion for PS4 and they're trying to charge me $4 to get the game on Tuesday, even though I've got Prime. That was one of my favorite parts! Is this just with certain items, or are they done with release date shipping? Haven't bought a game like this since maybe Saint's Row IV, so I'm not sure if this is new or what.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Did you select two day shipping at checkout? Only thing I can think of

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might be too late to order a game on Saturday for Tuesday delivery with two-day shipping. I'm not sure if they things leave the warehouse on the weekends. That would be my only guess.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I don't know. It may depend on demand or something. They still offer it (I dont have Amazon prime and I still can get free delivery release day) from what I've seen.

xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I just got disney magical world for my girlfriend and there was no charge for shipping. They also emailed me this morning to notify me of a refund of $2.61 because some retailer was selling it cheaper. Score. I love amazon

Dalerax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dalerax

I can confirm that the weekend (and I believe possibly Friday, depending on what time of day it is (though I may be wrong)) before release is too late to take advantage of the release day delivery with your free 2-day Prime membership. I went through the same issue with a release in the past and was upset that I had to spend the few bucks to get one-day shipping and have it to me on release day.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

That is getting a physical release? Huh

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Vonocourt

@bwheeeler said:

I'm pre-ordering Trials Fusion for PS4 and they're trying to charge me $4 to get the game on Tuesday, even though I've got Prime. That was one of my favorite parts! Is this just with certain items, or are they done with release date shipping? Haven't bought a game like this since maybe Saint's Row IV, so I'm not sure if this is new or what.

It's Saturday before the release, it's not uncommon for them to ship today for a Tuesday delivery. The four dollar charge would be for the one day shipping option because of how late the order is.

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to depend on the item how late you can get release day delivery. I was going to order a DS game at one point and even though it was a few weeks before release one day it was an option but by payday a few days later it wasn't.