Did E3 convince you to buy a new console?

• 84 results
Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Poll Did E3 convince you to buy a new console? (304 votes)

I bought an Xbox One after E3 4%
I bought a Playstation 4 after E3 7%
I bought a Wii U after E3 15%
I already owned the new console I want 27%
I can play what I want on PC 41%
The Ouya is all I'll ever need 14%

I'm at a crossroads. I don't own any of the new consoles, but I can't think of a good enough reason to buy any of them.

Honestly, the Wii U has the most games I want to play (Monster Hunter, Zelda, 3D World), but I don't know if it gives me everything I want (decent online play). I'm leaning more towards the PS4 between the two power systems, but only because I can upgrade the Hard Drive myself and I'd rather play Uncharted than Halo. I can't think of many other announced games I can't play on PC that will be on PS4.

Did E3 convince any of you to get a new console? What flipped the switch for you? Have you already bought a new console? Why did you pick the one you did?

• 
Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

where is the simple "no" answer?

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ZolRoyce

Most games I want are on the PC and my PC is good enough to last me a while into the new gen I'm sure so when it comes to consoles I look at exclusives or games that play better or equal on console and in that regard the PS4 won me over, Uncharted 4, Last of Us Remastered, Blood Born etc. There are at least 11 or so exclusive games on the PS4 I want plus whatever may come in the future that you know will pretty much be exclusive or console only (Naughty Dogs games, Swery stuff, whatever next comes from the Ico/Shadow guys) so I dropped a pre-order on the white PS4 sometime after E3.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a PS4 at launch because I'm stupid. Since then it's pretty much gathered dust. I don't regret it. The games will come but you don't need to buy one now if you don't feel compelled. Also I have a PC so I'm not really bothered by the lack of compelling games.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been seriously thinking about getting a WiiU after E3.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, shit. You're right. Can I edit the poll?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:

Most games I want are on the PC and my PC is good enough to last me a while into the new gen I'm sure so when it comes to consoles I look at exclusives or games that play better or equal on console and in that regard the PS4 won me over, Uncharted 4, Last of Us Remastered, Blood Born etc. There are at least 11 or so exclusive games on the PS4 I want plus whatever may come in the future that you know will pretty much be exclusive or console only (Naughty Dogs games, Swery stuff, whatever next comes from the Ico/Shadow guys) so I dropped a pre-order on the white PS4 sometime after E3.

This is my situation. PS4 has the most exclusives I want to play (which probably won't come to PC), but they're all a year or 2 away.

Destiny doesn't interest me too much, but I'm in Canada (where PS4 costs $449.99) and the White PS4 bundle costs $469.99. So I could get Destiny for $20 basically. That's the only reason I'm tempted right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think E3 gave a lot of good reasons for getting a new console, but not necessarily now.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Zevvion

No, already decided to buy all of them before they were announced. As Jeff would put it: 'I'm deep in on this shit'.

I can still give my opinion. I prefer PS4 over Xbox One, the Xbox' OS over the PS' OS, Xbox exclusives over PS4 exclusives, but multiplatform games on PS4. One sentence that easily shows I like both.

As far as exclusives go, Xbox has a ton more I am interested in than PS4. Currently, PS4 only has Bloodborne that I definitely will play, and The Order 1886 that I probably will want to play. That said, if we look at games that you cannot play on PC, it's rather easy to add Destiny to the list. A game that gives me no doubt I would go out and buy a console to play it if I didn't own one already. That said, everything plays better on a console for me. PC has a lot of annoying little issues. I am not the type of person that owns a high end PC ever, so I always play games sub 60fps or with graphics tuned down. The optimized console versions are just better for me. Not to mention easier with friends.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Already had a Wii U and E3 did not convince me into getting a PS4 or Xboner yet.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For an actual answer. No, E3 didnt really "wow" me at all, sure there was some good looking games, and im still fairly certain ill eventually get a PS4, but i'm in no rush.

I would vote "i can just play on PC" but my current PC is a hot pile of garbage that overheats and blah blah (its just really old and worn out). So basically i'm probably going to just buy a cheap PC, nothing high end, then get a PS4 in a year or two. Thats my plan anyways.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Evilsbane

I will be grabbing an Xbox One ..only because that is what my circle of friends has decided to go with for Halo and Destiny. And I do wanna play that Halo collection.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Nodima

I already owned a PS4, but if that Zelda game keeps looking awesome I might plunk down for a WiiU someday. Never thought I'd own a Nintendo console again after the first couple years of the Gamecube but here I am. Prove me wrong, Nintendo!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Actually, yeah. That white Destiny bundle looked too damn good to pass up.

tp0p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up my original xbox for Halo, my 360 for Gears of War, my PS3 for MGS 5, my wii for Brawl, and my wii u for Super Mario 3D World. It'll be interesting to see what the next game is that'll entice me to pick up a new console but I haven't seen that game, yet.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yup! I already had a PS4, but Nintendo's showing this year prompted me to run out and buy a Wii U shortly after E3 ended. I've always been a Nintendo fanboy at heart, despite skipping the last generation or two in favor of other systems.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Corevi

I will be buying a PS4 and preordering Destiny a day or 2 out from the beta because damn that game looks rad. Always loved Diablo, got really into Borderlands but hated Borderlands 2 because of the "humour". That Uncharted trailer apparently being real time rendering on PS4 doesn't hurt.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

I already owned a PS4, but if that Zelda game keeps looking awesome I might plunk down for a WiiU someday. Never thought I'd own a Nintendo console again after the first couple years of the Gamecube but here I am. Prove me wrong, Nintendo!

I'm really confused about how I kind of want a Wii U over either of the other 2 consoles. Really didn't see it coming until I started thinking about what I wanted to actually play. I just came up with a bigger list of games on the Wii U than any other console.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By crusader8463

I guess? I bought a PS4 and a WiiU around that time because I fell into the money and knew I would want them sooner or later. Not really sure how much E3 had to say about it as was I just had the money. I fired them up long enough to update them and sign into all the accounts but I have yet to play anything on them. Had them sitting there for a few weeks now. I'm still focusing on my PC as my primary gaming device.

Pre ordered Destiny, MK X, and WWE 2K15 for the PS4 plus 2 years of PS+ and I got Smash Bros for Wii U because my friend loves the game and that will be the first time we will have to play it together. Sure hope I end up liking smash bros since I have not played any of them since I rented the n64 version one weekend as a kid.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I was looking forward to E3 because I thought it may finally convince me to buy one of the consoles. Instead, it convinced me to rebuild & upgrade my PC again. No consoles for me this generation, PC & 3DS all the way.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, bought a ps4. Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, The Order, and the fact that sony is where most indies are planting their flag when it comes to releasing their games on consoles is what got me to buy one. That, and I got a really great deal on a brand new ps4.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By Entreri10

Not yet, but I am a lot closer to buying a Wii U

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ravelle

I'm just waiting for Destiny to come out, I'll probably will buy the bundle if it's available at the time it releases.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Not really. Last year at E3 they announced new consoles and told us to wait for the games. This year the consoles are already out and they're telling us to keep waiting for them games. So I'm waiting, no reason to get one until those games get here. Greatness might "Await" but they never told us how long it would take.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I was already considering getting one, but after the show I finally decided to get a Wii U later on in the year.

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably pick up a PS4 sometime in the next year or so, and the other two towards the end of the generation.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bmccann42

Already own a PS4 and XbOne, though I don't think I have turned on the Xbox in weeks. The Sony press conference gave me a bunch of things I am looking forward to (Bloodbourne, the Order, Destiny), and the Microsoft press conference gave me little to nothing to look forward to, had high hopes for Sunset Overdrive but the protagonist talking directly to the player lost me there.

Nintendo almost got me to buy a Wii U, but then i realized that I have zero nostalgia for Nintendo, am terrible at platformers, though I am intrigued by the new Zelda but don't believe what they showed was actual game play. In the end I bought a Vita, and based just on PS Plus, I am loving it (especially Vita Terraria).

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

I ended up buying an Xbox One, the only of the systems I didn't have yet (someone please help me), a week or 2 after E3. Its OS is an abomination, but thankfully I don't have to deal with it much thanks to the quick start, and its exclusives are far more interesting to me than my PS4's. The Xbox One currently seems to have more in the vein of wacky third-person action games, which is definitely my jam, so that's nice. Dead Rising 3 is my favorite game so far this generation, and I'm really stoked for Sunset Overdrive, Crackdown 3 and Scalebound. So yeah, I guess it's worked out well so far.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

No, but E3 convinced me to sell my Xbox One. While I really want that Halo collection, there just isn't anything else I want to play on the system.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

I already had a Wii U and was finishing my gaming PC. It definitely convinced me that I don't need an Xbox One...possibly ever. I may need a PS4 eventually for Bloodborne, but besides that I can play most everything with what I've got.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It convinced me that I wont regret my purchase when I get one towards mid to late 2015. Hopefully there'll be plenty of goodies out by then and I can really binge on quality.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I've been seriously thinking about getting a WiiU after E3.

this

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already had a Wii U, so just the Xbox One.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By kerse

I already planned on it and this E3 made me a little more excited than the last one, but I still don't have the money for it yet.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I bought a PS4 a few days before E3, actually.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I was looking for this too but it wasn't there so I went with the Ouya.

It convinced me to get a new console...in 2015. Wanted a new PC for a while so that'll be first.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wii U. Haven't bought it yet but definitely will at some point.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I already had a Wii U and PS4. If anything E3 made me feel like the PS4 was unnecessary at this point with all the stuff coming to Wii U.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably get a PS4 when destiny comes out, other than that I really see no reason to jump in just yet, my PC is already more powerful than any of the "next gen" consoles so...

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I had already bought both XONE and PS4, way-y before E3.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I guess the "Already Own New Console I Want" option is the one for me, though it's plural for me, not singular.

Already owned a Wii U and a PS4. Though it looked like there were some pretty good games for the One on display at E3, there's still not enough on there for me to justify a $400 purchase.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#42 fisk0  Moderator

I'm leaning even more towards getting a Wii U after E3, but I haven't actually bought anything yet, so none of the options are applicable.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really would like to get a Wii U after seeing the Nintendo Direct during E3. Gonna have to wait for a bit due to money issues, but I will be getting one.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By mosespippy

Best Buy had 3DS XLs on sale for the price of a standard 3DS during E3. I was trying to buy a regular 3DS anyway but they seem impossible to find now so I got the XL. It's my first Nintendo system.

Nothing that Nintendo showed during E3 convinced me to buy it though. It was the fact that Persona Q had just come out in Japan and people were talking about it so I figured I should get a 3DS before it hits North America this fall.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By ajamafalous

I have an expensive PC so I really have no reason to buy any consoles right now. Probably going to end up buying a new graphics card when the GTX 800s come out.

I will probably eventually buy a PS4 in another 4-5 years once I can pick up a bunch of exclusives for cheap, but that's it. No interest in an Xbone or WiiU.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's incredibly interesting that most people went from "I probably won't get a Wii U" to "I'm probably gonna get a Wii U" and all it took was a handful of first-party franchise games and the tease of a new Zelda. It really shows how effective their Digital Event was. Prior to E3, I was definitely going to get a PS4 at some point, but it seems all of the system sellers for me are very far off.

I'm probably gonna get a Wii U.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It made me consider a Wuu. But I have reconsidered. To not. So no.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already had a PS4 and Wii U, and E3 sold me on an Xbox One. I'll be getting one once I have the money

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It made me really want a Wii U, and right now I am seriously considering going out and buying one tomorrow rather than waiting a bit longer. I just can't convince myself one way or the other.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not yet but it definitely changed my mind. I was pretty set on getting a PS4 sometime later this year or early next year but E3 convinced me to get the Xbox One instead and probably a Wii U sometime down the line. Sony's E3 was really underwhelming