Did E3 convince you to buy a new console?

• 84 results
Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Poll Did E3 convince you to buy a new console? (304 votes)

I bought an Xbox One after E3 4%
I bought a Playstation 4 after E3 7%
I bought a Wii U after E3 15%
I already owned the new console I want 27%
I can play what I want on PC 41%
The Ouya is all I'll ever need 14%

I'm at a crossroads. I don't own any of the new consoles, but I can't think of a good enough reason to buy any of them.

Honestly, the Wii U has the most games I want to play (Monster Hunter, Zelda, 3D World), but I don't know if it gives me everything I want (decent online play). I'm leaning more towards the PS4 between the two power systems, but only because I can upgrade the Hard Drive myself and I'd rather play Uncharted than Halo. I can't think of many other announced games I can't play on PC that will be on PS4.

Did E3 convince any of you to get a new console? What flipped the switch for you? Have you already bought a new console? Why did you pick the one you did?

• 
beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By beforet

Only reason I don't buy a new console is that I don't have the spending money for that sort of thing right now.

Edit: That said, if I did, E3 made a pretty strong case for the XONE, though I'd also want a PS4

Opy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

While I haven't bought anything yet, if anything I'm now seriously considering a WiiU. I've been super cynical about that machine since day one, but this years showing, I started looking up prices and bundles. And given that I got like a 600 dollar tax return, I might end up with one by the end of the month.

rm082e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I decided to build a PC last year after E3. Parts were cheap, new video cards were out, and the new consoles didn't look like they would be appealing for a few years. Also, I wanted a big fat leap in tech. The PC I built surpassed my expectations and had been wonderful since. In 13 months I've amassed a Steam library with 175 games, many of which I got for less than $7 and still need to play.

So the only thing of interest for me at E3 2014 was BloodBourne since I'm a huge Souls fan. Maybe next year around this time I'll pick up a used PS4 to play that one game, then sell the system when I finish it. That's really the only console exclusive game I have any interest in at this point.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Oddly enough...

... a Vita.

Yeah. I bought a Vita. It's a pretty good system, truth be told. I know Sony is abandoning it (or basically abandoning it), but it has some great games, and it doesn't really overlap with my gaming PC. It's the reason why I'm so keen on Nintendo, actually.

VorlonGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I'm not limited by monetary concerns so I just buy whatever video game related hardware and software I want at anytime I feel like it. With that said... I still don't want a WiiU. I do have an SLI gaming PC, PS4, PS3, X1, 360, Vita, 3DS XL, and PS2/Wii emulators (gotta have that 1080p son).

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:

Most games I want are on the PC and my PC is good enough to last me a while into the new gen I'm sure so when it comes to consoles I look at exclusives or games that play better or equal on console and in that regard the PS4 won me over, Uncharted 4, Last of Us Remastered, Blood Born etc. There are at least 11 or so exclusive games on the PS4 I want plus whatever may come in the future that you know will pretty much be exclusive or console only (Naughty Dogs games, Swery stuff, whatever next comes from the Ico/Shadow guys) so I dropped a pre-order on the white PS4 sometime after E3.

This is my situation. PS4 has the most exclusives I want to play (which probably won't come to PC), but they're all a year or 2 away.

Destiny doesn't interest me too much, but I'm in Canada (where PS4 costs $449.99) and the White PS4 bundle costs $469.99. So I could get Destiny for $20 basically. That's the only reason I'm tempted right now.

Yeah I'm in Canada as well and that is exactly why I went with that bundle, I figure hey, at best I play it for a little while and find out I enjoy it, at worst I basically got a brand new game for 20 dollars that I can trade it and make some good credit on.

Newfangled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I bought Diablo III, BioShock Infinite, Tokyo Jungle (on sale), and NFS: Most Wanted this past week (my first physical purchases for a year or two), for the grand total of £30. I'm set--that's plenty on the 'old' systems to keep me entertained for the foreseeable future, and, to my eyes, they all look and play fantastic.

craigieh28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the owner of a new WiiU. Been thinking about it for a while, but Nintendo direct at E3 got me hyped up. To give some context, I am a SNES and N64 veteran. Spent lots of my formative gaming years on those beauties, but not dabbled with the Big N since. So my excitement and reasoning can be taken with a pinch of salt, but genuine glee being felt... :)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@zolroyce said:

@lukeweizer said:

Destiny doesn't interest me too much, but I'm in Canada (where PS4 costs $449.99) and the White PS4 bundle costs $469.99. So I could get Destiny for $20 basically. That's the only reason I'm tempted right now.

Yeah I'm in Canada as well and that is exactly why I went with that bundle, I figure hey, at best I play it for a little while and find out I enjoy it, at worst I basically got a brand new game for 20 dollars that I can trade it and make some good credit on.

I'm Canadian as well and the problem I have with this is that you don't actually get the system till the game comes out, and I'd rather pay the extra 50 bucks to play the beta and Infamous Second Son now.

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had no intention of buying a Wii U before E3, but that quickly changed. I picked one up for 50% off and couldn't really be happier. I never thought I would say that after never using my Wii for the past 3 years.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at the moment, because getting a new PC sounds like the best choice gaming-wise for me (lots of games in my steam catalogue that I'll need a new machine to really enjoy) but I'll probably end up getting a PS4 for BloodBorne, at some point.

dvdwalker8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I was planning on getting a XBOX One next year until they announced that Sunset Overdrive was coming out this October. I've now pre ordered that game and Far Cry 4 and the new Dragon Age for One. Would have got those games for 360 if Sunset Overdrive weren't coming out this year. Planning on getting One around Dragon Age's launch. Will eventually get a PS4 for Uncharted and other console exclusives.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

It convinced me to buy a more powerful PC and stick with that for a while.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

But it helped to confirm and solidify the period of time that I would seek to purchase my PS4. Which is now the 9th of September, 2014.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I play almost everything on PC, but I did buy a WiiU, actually for bayonetta 2, and because nintendo was (probably still is) selling refurbs for $200. Bayo 2 isn't out yet, but I have played and enjoyed mario kart and windwaker on it. I will buy a PS4, but not until next year, because all I want it for is Bloodborne and Axiom Verge.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JesusHammer

It convinced me that I should get an Xbox One probably at some point. I was already planning to get a Wii U when Bayo2 came out and a PS4 when MGS5 game out, but Bloodborne sold me even more. Xbox One won't be until at least until late next year though, so I hope I can get a good deal on one by then.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked the Ouya choice because it was there and I don't even own one.

Seriously though, hell no. I'll get one of the new consoles when they're down to 300 bucks maybe. Just not enough stuff on em to justify a brand new console.

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By OGJackWagon69

I can see myself getting a ps4 down the line, but only if mgs5 never comes to PC. Right now I would rather save money to upgrade my PC so I can max out stuff like the witcher 3

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

E3 played a part, but it was mainly Nintendo selling the WiiU for $200 refurbished that got me to buy one.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#70  Edited By sjschmidt93

It convinced me to not buy a new console because PC games yo

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

E3 convinced me to go ahead and get a PC. Everything that looked interesting there was either a year away or also coming out for the 360. I got my PC this week and I'm loving it.

Next year I'll evaluate the whole PS4 vs Xbox One thing again. WiiU would be an impuse purchase to get either a Zelda, Metriod Prime or Mario Galaxy. But only one of those is even announced, so it'll probably be a long time.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty satisfied with my PC and PS4 as it stands. Might try to find a WiiU someday, but it's not imperative and it won't be as an immediate result of this E3.

bremaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By bremaine

It convinced me that the Wii U is actually not as bad as I expected it to be. But I haven't purchased any of the new consoles yet, I will eventually.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The only one of the new consoles I was interested in was the Wii U, which I've already got. I will say that, sometime down the line, I'll probably grab a PS4; Infamous Second Son is REALLY pretty.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see myself getting a ps4 down the line, but only if mgs5 never comes to PC. Right now I would rather save money to upgrade my PC so I can max out stuff like the witcher 3

MGS5 is never coming to PC.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TruthTellah

I guess "Eh, I might as well get a Vita this Fall" counts.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am thinking my time with consoles is over. Sure isn't like I chose the absolute least populated response, but rather the opposite, to date at least.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a PC, so I have no real need to get a PS4, Xbone.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Lukeweizer

@zolroyce said:

@lukeweizer said:

@zolroyce said:

Most games I want are on the PC and my PC is good enough to last me a while into the new gen I'm sure so when it comes to consoles I look at exclusives or games that play better or equal on console and in that regard the PS4 won me over, Uncharted 4, Last of Us Remastered, Blood Born etc. There are at least 11 or so exclusive games on the PS4 I want plus whatever may come in the future that you know will pretty much be exclusive or console only (Naughty Dogs games, Swery stuff, whatever next comes from the Ico/Shadow guys) so I dropped a pre-order on the white PS4 sometime after E3.

This is my situation. PS4 has the most exclusives I want to play (which probably won't come to PC), but they're all a year or 2 away.

Is it known if the Destiny will be installed on the HDD or a physical copy? I want to upgrade the PS4's drive right away, but if it's a digital copy of Destiny, can I transfer it to a new drive really easily?

I'm going to hold out until I play the Beta (if it's actually an open Beta), then I'll get the bundle. Although, I'm kind of not all that into the white PS4. The black one looks so slick.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:

@lukeweizer said:

I'm Canadian as well and the problem I have with this is that you don't actually get the system till the game comes out, and I'd rather pay the extra 50 bucks to play the beta and Infamous Second Son now.

I kind of just want a black PS4. Not all that into the white one. I almost want to just pay full price for it now, but then I know I probably won't end up getting Destiny at all (unless it turns out to be worth while).

Going to try and hold out till after I play the 360 Beta (if it's an open Beta), and if I like the game, then I'll get the White bundle.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer: To get into the beta you have to preorder, so $5 at EB.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not interested. I have enough games for my PC that I don't need a lesser second platform. I'd like to play Bloodborne most of all the console exclusives, but I'll settle for what FromSoftware bring to the other platforms. Hopefully, it's not Dark Souls III.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I haven't bought any of them yetto be honest. Nothing that has been shown has made me want to run out and get a new system. I'm most likely to pick one of the next-gen console around September and the other one at the start of 2015. Dunno which one I'll get first though. E3 convinced me I want a Wii U but it will be a random day when I pick it up to be honest. On the plus side I've been clearing my backlog of games out and having a lot of fun (Nier being my current one).

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Nintendo's press conference made me really want to get a Wii U. Not gotten around to it yet though, holding out for a better price still.

Blueshrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep thinking about picking up a wii u, I like what is coming out on it next year.