#1 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I just purchased the latest humble bundle and noticed I can redeem some games for steam and origin. I get 2 codes though, could I redeem a game on steam, and give away it's origin code?

#2 Edited by JoeyRavn (4946 posts) -

Yes. It gives you a set of keys to be redeemed on Steam, and another set of keys for Origin. Most games are available on both platforms, though some (Dead Space 3, BF3 and The Sims 3) are Origin-exclusive.

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

@joeyravn said:

Yes. It gives you a set of keys to be redeemed on Steam, and another set of keys for Origin. Most games are available on both platforms, though some (Dead Space 3, BF3 and The Sims 3) are Origin-exclusive.

That's pretty neat, thanks!

#4 Edited by mlarrabee (2868 posts) -

I think that technically you can't give away either code (though I have), and that they intend you to have one copy while letting you choose the platform you use it on. I don't know if it'd be ethical to give away one or the other platform code. Then again, I suppose one could have split one's purchase price in half and purchased it twice for the same cost and end up with two copies. *shrug*

#5 Edited by mithhunter55 (593 posts) -

Sidetracking the thread does any one happen to have an extra copy of the DeepSilver bundle I was up north when it started. D: I can buy you something on steam. :) Didn't see the page until yesterday an hour to late i was kicking my self. I haven't missed a bundle except for the 'weekly's' and a few that I just wasn't interested.

I think that technically you can't give away either code (though I have), and that they intend you to have one copy while letting you choose the platform you use it on. I don't know if it'd be ethical to give away one or the other platform code. Then again, I suppose one could have split one's purchase price in half and purchased it twice for the same cost and end up with two copies. *shrug*

I feel its unethical to give the away as if it was a contest. I have seen it on many a forum and I did complain there. As for with friends Its not like you cant pick it up for a dollar that sort of the point. So if you pay 20 and the sale ended I could see where sharing may not be that bad. (As if two people went in for 10$)