Did I miss a community poll?

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Watching the gang reply games at the end of each GOTY video segment is brilliant, I'm loving it but I can't help wondering if I missed the poll which decided what those games would be?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

I was honestly wondering the exact same thing. I don't know what this poll is that they keep referencing.

I've missed quite a few live streams in recent months, so maybe it was mentioned there or something?

utternyms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm really curious about this too. Was it a select group from the community? Or am I, perhaps, more clueless than I realized?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

utternyms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I watch every UPF and listen to every Bombcast, and I don't remember them mentioning this. Oh well, their loss. They missed my vitally important opinion!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7 BisonHero  Online

If that guy in the forums had not made a thread about the community vote Quick Looks, I literally would have never heard of it.

I don't remember it being mentioned on a UPF or Bombcast, and I honestly have no idea if that URL was ever linked anywhere on the site. I swear it was never on the front page, never had an article, never in the header where live shows and premium notifications are. It was like the secret menu at fast food restaurants, in that you have to already know to look for it to even know it existed.

Hell, if one of the mods didn't know about it, I think that's a good indication that it wasn't properly promoted.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Corevi

If more people had known about the vote then Singstar wouldn't have won it and then we never would have gotten Jeff and Patrick singing Saliva.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

It was mentioned somewhere. I remember the forum topic, I then voted, and then it was mentioned somewhere and I thought to myself, I already did that. Maybe it was a twitter link, or maybe it was on Bombin' the AM. I don't think it was a bombcast and I almost never listen to Jeff's commute anymore (though I did catch a couple with Alex when he was in town).

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By MEATBALL

I totally missed that. There was a forum topic? Would have thought I'd have spotted that. Bummer.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, cool. I don't think I've really missed out on anything, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It was briefly mentioned by Rorie in a pretty off-handed way, I believe. They really need to get better about putting stuff like that on the front page. It should have been an article linking to a forum thread.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Ah, after a little digging I realize now why I and many others missed this is because it was stealth announced in this video while most people in the US were thinking about turkey and not looking at Giant Bomb:

Loading Video...

So, yeah, if you were checked out of Giant Bomb or internet stuff in general during Thanksgiving, there's a decent chance this completely passed you by and you never knew anything about it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BisonHero  Online

This is the forum thread that a user created about the poll. To reiterate, some random user made the thread, not Rorie or Jeff or anything. Baffling that it wasn't pinned to the forum page.

@hoodcommando, where did you originally find that link? I looked around the site when you made the thread and had no idea where you ever came across it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't want to be negative or pile on or anything, but this is an inexplicably-common problem with regards to any news that ever comes out of GB. You have an entire homepage of article slots with which to promote things like merchandise sales, community votes, etc.; use them instead of announcing something in one livestream/podcast/forum thread/tweet and then never again. Truly baffling.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I just figured it was something announced on Twitter, because occasionally the guys think we all check Twitter for site news.

It was a surprise to me, too.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TruthTellah

I would consider myself pretty up on Giant Bomb news and such, and I still had no idea about this.

I mean, the choices so far seem fine (Sing Star ♥), but this came as a real surprise to me.

(I'd have voted for more anime games. ha. Or Vita games. I hear those still exist.)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Corevi
@truthtellah said:

(I'd have voted for more anime games. ha. Or Vita games. I hear those still exist.)

I would have voted for some anime-ass anime games but I don't think I want to watch another half hour of Dan shitting on every anime ever sincerely while everyone else agrees with him jokingly.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
@truthtellah said:

I would have voted for some anime-ass anime games but I don't think I want to watch another half hour of Dan shitting on every anime ever sincerely while everyone else agrees with him jokingly.

You hadn't heard? Dan is slowly waking up to the anime fan inside his heart.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted on it, but I didn't know where the link came from.

There was a random thread about it. Otherwise I wouldn't have known at all either.

hoodcommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is the forum thread that a user created about the poll. To reiterate, some random user made the thread, not Rorie or Jeff or anything. Baffling that it wasn't pinned to the forum page.

@hoodcommando, where did you originally find that link? I looked around the site when you made the thread and had no idea where you ever came across it.

I was lucky and happened to look at the Giant Bomb Twitter bar at just the right time. Jeff linked it on his twitter.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Corevi
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BisonHero  Online

This thread took a weird turn when I was gone.

Griffinmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@corevi said:
@truthtellah said:

@danryckert is basically American anime.

Please we prefer the term Amerimation.

Don't forget to always pluralize it, Amerimations.

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
@truthtellah said:

It's really funny cap, it's Afghanistanimation!

Rabbit.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@griffinmills said:

@corevi said:
@truthtellah said:

It's really funny cap, it's Afghanistanimation!

Rabbit.

I've been thinking about animation names for countries for the past few minutes now and my favorite is Mexicartoons.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

I've been thinking about animation names for countries for the past few minutes now and my favorite is Mexicartoons.

Canadanimation.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I was wondering this, too.

I figured that I must have just missed it during one of those periods where I didn't have time to visit the site. What a weird way to announce it.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@corevi said:
@hatking said:

Canadanimation.

Canadanimation is a genre that is just The Raccoons.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35  Edited By Castiel

They did a poor job of making you aware of the poll. I stumbled across it randomly in some forum thread otherwise I wouldn't have known about it. But I didn't vote as there really wasn't any games I felt super strongly about this year, that they haven't already covered in a QL or UPF. But kudos to all the duders that voted for Singstar, that was bloody brilliant.