#1 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

So am I crazy, or did they use Jar Time as this weeks friday premium content?

Unless i missed something and this isn't true, I find this an unacceptable cop out. Jar time was never out on a friday and was always just a random thing that showed up every month or so.

Could you really not think of ANYTHING to do?

Not a single thing at all?

And a TNT of almost a year old game. Come on guys.

#2 Posted by Nightriff (5367 posts) -

Yup, been a disappointing week

#3 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

I've said this before but I feel ok with my membership because I'm happy supporting the site. But the extra content sucks.

#4 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Do they even do premium Friday content every week? I honestly can't recall :p

#5 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

+1 for it was a lazy week

#6 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

No ads

#7 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Blastroid said:

No ads

If that was all I wanted, I'd just turn on adblockplus.

#8 Posted by MikeW1980UK (75 posts) -
#9 Posted by wjb (1698 posts) -

I didn't know Friday live-stream was a mandatory weekly thing; I thought they just did shit if they had the time and a decent idea.

Fair enough, but I'm not complaining. Six months ago, we would've had a TNT that lasted an hour, zero premium content on Friday, and no weekend Quick Looks.

#10 Posted by Nightriff (5367 posts) -

@SuperWristBands said:

Do they even do premium Friday content every week? I honestly can't recall :p

Friday is the day they typically do something but did nothing this week

#11 Edited by Fistfulofmetal (686 posts) -

I do at times get tired of the excuse "there's nothing out" for why the content is light. There are always games out. Always. Play something dumb and cheap. Play something that's a year or two old. Just play something and record it.

#12 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Fistfulofmetal said:

I do at times get tired of the excuse "there's nothing out" for why the content is light. There's always games out. Always. Play something dumb and cheap. Play something that's a year or two old. Just play something and record it.

I'm never NOT tired of hearing that. They might as well say, "we're feeling lazy this week, and nothing really interesting is coming out anyway, so there's not gonna be much content, guys. Don't expect anything."

#13 Edited by Abendlaender (2889 posts) -

Didn't they at one point show on ILM that Patrick bought every Jurassic Park game and said they are going to do something with it? Did I dream that? Anyway, now seems like the perfect time to do something stupid.

#14 Posted by PulledaBrad (612 posts) -

Buncha goddamn whiners.

http://jeffgerstmann.tumblr.com/post/36832376053/im-guessing-it-was-a-busy-week-this-week-with-the

#15 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@PulledaBrad: So, on the website that i pay money for, I am not provided this information? I am expected to go to an alternative source, to recieve information regarding the website, that i pay money for. I'm supposed to use another website, like twitter for example, to hear opinions and events from the staff. Not on the website, that they run, that i pay for.

Hmm.

edit: non premium member, chiming in on a premium member issue. Makes sense.

#16 Posted by BeachThunder (12450 posts) -

I just want some more Spookin :( Even if it is just Spookin' in the office with Drew.

#17 Posted by PillClinton (3297 posts) -

I see where you're coming from, bet eh, I just can't get riled about it. I don't know, it just really doesn't bother me very much.

#18 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Do they make cryblock?

#19 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (686 posts) -

@PulledaBrad said:

Buncha goddamn whiners.

http://jeffgerstmann.tumblr.com/post/36832376053/im-guessing-it-was-a-busy-week-this-week-with-the

Why wouldn't they surface that information on the site so we can know? I don't follow Jeff on Tumblr or any of the crew on Twitter. Put up a quick article saying "Hey, stuff broke, we're gonna be light on content"

#20 Posted by BeachThunder (12450 posts) -

@Blastroid said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Do they make cryblock?

I heard that will be the next game after Crysis 3.

#21 Posted by Nightriff (5367 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

I just want some more Spookin :( Even if it is just Spookin' in the office with Drew.

Please no, they have depended on that for 2 full months and it is terrible, they need more variation.

#22 Posted by The_Reflection (255 posts) -

yeah its been slim for a bit, but I don't regret my membership at all. Hell my yearly just renewed today. I've been here for a year now as a premium subscriber, and i've loved every minute of it.

#23 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

@PulledaBrad said:

Buncha goddamn whiners.

We payed for a product, didn't get it, and we're told we are whining. Awesome. If shit is broke tell the people who payed for the membership so that they realize that shit's broke. Keep us in the loop. That way we would be more likely to keep paying for the membership.

#24 Posted by PulledaBrad (612 posts) -

@Canteu said:

@PulledaBrad: So, on the website that i pay money for, I am not provided this information? I am expected to go to an alternative source, to recieve information regarding the website, that i pay money for. I'm supposed to use another website, like twitter for example, to hear opinions and events from the staff. Not on the website, that they run, that i pay for.

Hmm.

Ex premium member. Not renewing because Im unhappy with the way things are. Make sense now? FFS.

#25 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Blastroid said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Do they make cryblock?

Hurrdurr. I'm not crying, I'm agreeing with OP.

#26 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Do they make cryblock?

[THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN REMOVED BY CRYBLOCK®]

Cool it worked

#27 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

@PulledaBrad said:

@Canteu said:

Hmm.

Ex premium member. Not renewing because Im unhappy with the way things are. Make sense now? FFS.

Then why the fuck did you decide to play devil's advocate here if your behavior coincides with what the OP was saying?

#28 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

To be clear, I'm not whining that there's no content or whatever. I would just really like to know why in advance. They get my money, least they could do is tell me there's gonna be shit all for a week or whatever.

#29 Posted by Grillbar (1914 posts) -

complaint complaint complaints.

#30 Posted by Jace (1096 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@PulledaBrad said:

@Canteu said:

Hmm.

Then why the fuck did you decide to play devil's advocate here if your behavior coincides with what the OP was saying?

Because he wants you to know how deep he is.

#31 Posted by PulledaBrad (612 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@PulledaBrad said:

Buncha goddamn whiners.

We payed for a product, didn't get it, and we're told we are whining. Awesome. If shit is broke tell the people who payed for the membership so that they realize that shit's broke. Keep us in the loop. That way we would be more likely to keep paying for the membership.

Yep. When the OP's complaint is that they didnt get a Friday livestream and instead got premium content, I will indeed call those people whiners. Nothing was promised to be live streaming on Friday, so don't get pissy when nothing is on.

#32 Edited by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Canteu said:

To be clear, I'm not whining that there's no content or whatever. I would just really like to know why in advance. They get my money, least they could do is tell me there's gonna be shit all for a week or whatever.

AHMAGAHD THIS IS TOTALLY WHINING

But really, if there were tons of problems (as referenced on Jeff's Tumblr) why not post a 3 minute iPhone vid saying such? Or just make a forum post? That's really all it takes.

EDIT: I'm not interested in following all of the crew on all of their social media just to find out what's going on with a site I subscribe to for entertainment.

#33 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@Grillbar: Paying customers aren't allowed to complain for non receipt of goods? Pretty sure that's what the business consumer relationship is all about.

#34 Edited by TruthTellah (9490 posts) -

Didn't the huge Wii U Launch livestream count as this week's big feature? Sure it wasn't premium-only, but as far as Giant Bomb goes, that's a pretty big task. It's like when premium content is pretty light the week of the Big Live Live Show Live.

#35 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (686 posts) -

@Canteu said:

Agree'd. I'm not going to stop paying for a membership but I feel they should be doing a better job at communicating things to their userbase.

#36 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -

@Canteu said:

Hmm.

They do this a lot and it was a pretty big reason why I stopped renewing. It took a good month for someone to say that they didn't have an actual video camera in the office when they moved, and it was still only an offhand comment.

#37 Posted by MOAB (429 posts) -

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

why would you ever turn it off?

#38 Posted by AlexW00d (6450 posts) -

@Blastroid said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Do they make cryblock?

[THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN REMOVED BY CRYBLOCK®]

Cool it worked

Possibly the most immature post I have ever witnessed.

#39 Posted by Animasta (14731 posts) -

I love how, whenever there's a slow week, people create threads about it. Like come on guys sometimes there are slow weeks get over it gosh

ALSO I'M A HIGHER RANKING PREMIUM MEMBER THAN YOU SO I SUPPOSE THAT MEANS I HAVE AUTHORITY OR SOMETHING.

#40 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

@Rmack said:

@Canteu said:

Hmm.

They do this a lot and it was a pretty big reason why I stopped renewing. It took a good month for someone to say that they didn't have an actual video camera in the office when they moved, and it was still only an offhand comment.

Yeah, I get the impression that the team just assumes that the fanbase will be there regardless of how much they let the audience know what's going on. A simple e-mail newsletter to premium members would fix so much of this. They need to stop assuming things and thinking they can just skate by with what they are doing. It reminds me of the whole 'journalism ethics' discussion on the Bombcast. The logic, "Take it or leave it but here we are" reminds me of the logic of a person plugging his ears and singing "lalalalala" when criticism is made. I get what they were saying there but I think that attitude is emblematic of the bigger issue; they are fine with the status quo. In this thread's case, they are fine with keeping premium members in the dark and will just assume that those members will keep giving them money for doing the same thing over and over.

#41 Posted by handlas (2764 posts) -

moar spookin.

#42 Posted by TyCobb (1975 posts) -

I still want to know if the below was ever true. They still use it to try and get people to buy memberships. It's why I bought and then was saddened when I realized that premium content was few and far between.

#43 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

They have a coming soon section also we have the ability on any internet device to see if new content exists or not. I am sure if they provided us even more communication it would still not stop such posts.

#44 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

I don't get the people saying they shouldn't need to follow the staff on twitter or tumblr to stay current. . Like come on welcome to 5 years ago, this is how the internet works now. I don't believe that you care enough to pay 60 a year but not enough to check twitter once or twice a week, that doesn't add up.

#45 Posted by ripelivejam (4926 posts) -

@Grillbar said:

complaint complaint complaints.

giantbomb.com

#46 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

I don't get the people saying they shouldn't need to follow the staff on twitter or tumblr to stay current. . Like come on welcome to 5 years ago, this is how the internet works now. I don't believe that you care enough to pay 60 a year but not enough to check twitter once or twice a week, that doesn't add up.

I follow Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny, and the official Giantbomb twitter account. I had no idea that shit was broken.

#47 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

I don't use Twitter. GASP. I don't see the point of it. I subscribe to GiantBomb.com, not to twitter.com/jeffgerstmann (and all of the rest of the crew) or whatever his username is there

#48 Posted by TyCobb (1975 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

Some of us do not use those services. To this day, I have never had MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, etc. account. If something is related to the site that could be of some importance to its members, it should be on the site.

#49 Posted by Animasta (14731 posts) -

@murisan said:

@MikkaQ said:

I don't use Twitter. GASP. I don't see the point of it. I subscribe to GiantBomb.com, not to twitter.com/jeffgerstmann (and all of the rest of the crew) or whatever his username is there

you can, even though you are not a twitter user, STILL GO to jeff's twitter and see if there is a reason why the content is slow if you care THAT much.

#50 Posted by wjb (1698 posts) -

@TyCobb: I'm okay with the content they've put out lately, but yeah, that is really disingenuous to someone who isn't familiar with GB. Every day? Pfft.