Did i miss something regarding my premium membership?

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#251  Edited By kerse

Yeah disappointing week, I would hope there would at least be one premium video a week, I would be okay with that.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#252  Edited By The_Nubster

Jar Time has been used as premium content in the past. The past few months have been non-stop videos and live streams and premium content, a return of sorely-missed premium stuff (like Random PC Game), and the introduction of new premium content (Spookin' With Scoops), and all it takes is one slow week for people to revert to bitch mode and start complaining about the merger again?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By Rafaelfc

Jar Time isn't being "used" as premium content IT IS premium content. And yeah, i'd rather we have had a bit more premium stuff last week, but alas the giantbomb gods weren't very kind to us.

Also, TNT was pretty good, they can play any game as far as I'm concerned it doesn't have to be the new game of the week, that's boring.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#254  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@SuperWristBands said:

Do they even do premium Friday content every week? I honestly can't recall :p

Sometimes, they did manage to do it for the past few weeks and I think that's why op is complaining.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#255  Edited By cheesebob

Didn't they have technical problems over the week the OP is talking about?

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By murisan

@MB said:

If you don't expect anything, then everything will be a welcome surprise and you'll never be disappointed. Its a better life.

Well, it sure would have improved the Wii U's reception.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By murisan

@ZeroSignal said:

The way I see it, my subscription goes towards making sure these guys keep full autonomy. I'm currently subscribed until Sept 14, 2024 and I try to renew whenever they're doing a promotion/event. I certainly appreciate regular premium content drops, but it's not the sole reason I subscribe and it ultimately wouldn't affect whether I keep throwing them money. If you subscribed exclusively for premium video content I could see light weeks causing grief but I find no ads and HD downloads to be just as valuable. Worse would be regular content changing drastically due to corporate intervention though.

Wait seriously? You've paid up for 12 years in advance? That seems.. crazy.

crcruz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#258  Edited By crcruz3

@Fistfulofmetal said:

I do at times get tired of the excuse "there's nothing out" for why the content is light. There are always games out. Always. Play something dumb and cheap. Play something that's a year or two old. Just play something and record it.

Well said, sir.

crcruz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By crcruz3

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

If that was all I wanted, I'd just turn on adblockplus.

Never used an ad blocker before, I just installed and tried it. It's great! Thanks a lot.

ZeroSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By ZeroSignal

@murisan said:

@ZeroSignal said:

The way I see it, my subscription goes towards making sure these guys keep full autonomy. I'm currently subscribed until Sept 14, 2024 and I try to renew whenever they're doing a promotion/event. I certainly appreciate regular premium content drops, but it's not the sole reason I subscribe and it ultimately wouldn't affect whether I keep throwing them money. If you subscribed exclusively for premium video content I could see light weeks causing grief but I find no ads and HD downloads to be just as valuable. Worse would be regular content changing drastically due to corporate intervention though.

Wait seriously? You've paid up for 12 years in advance? That seems.. crazy.

Well, it made more sense when they were a small independent (was probably 8 or 9 years in advance pre-merger). But I'm fine using it as a way to show my support. TBH I'd happily pay more than $50/year if they provided the option, so I don't see it as a huge issue. The expiry date is irrelevant now for all intents and purposes.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By murisan

@crcruz3 said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Never used an ad blocker before, I just installed and tried it. It's great! Thanks a lot.

No prob. Just be aware that if you care about giving certain sites, YouTubers, Twitch streamers, etc. ad revenue, you need to disable it on those sites. Example: If I unsubbed GB, I'd set an exception for the site. Because I Care

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By murisan

@ZeroSignal: Wow. I can see that. I hope they gave you some sort of personal thanks! That's a pretty huge commitment.

crcruz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By crcruz3

@murisan said:

@crcruz3 said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

No prob. Just be aware that if you care about giving certain sites, YouTubers, Twitch streamers, etc. ad revenue, you need to disable it on those sites. Example: If I unsubbed GB, I'd set an exception for the site. Because I Care

Of course. The newspaper I read online every day has gone nuts with ads, they are bigger, flashier and everywhere. It's very annoying and I would pay a monthly fee to get rid of those, but there isn't an option to do so. Well, thanks again.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By J12088

@andmm said:

I just dont get why they dont make endurance runs and random pc game a regular thing. Dont get me started about 'that takes a lot of time', 'its a lot of work'. This is what they do, that's their job here or arent they content providers? I got to know giant bomb thanks to the deadly premonition endurance run, that's why I came here in the first place and I loved it and I'm pretty sure 95% of the community loves the ER just as much.

Oh yeah, we get a lot of quick looks but to be hones, just some of them are entertaining...

There's been a lot of threads like 'What's going on' 'Where's the content' and so on lately. I dont mean to be a jerk but yeah, I gotta agree with those people.

I always found it strange that certain youtube users can do videos in the same style as quick looks and endurance runs manage to recording them, edit them and upload them 2,3 sometimes 4 a day without any drop in quality all from there bedroom but an entire website with a team of people dedicated to providing content turns out much less. Not being in the business I'm sure theres plenty of valid reasoning but it's hard to see what that reasoning is from the outside looking in. I'm guessing they do a standard 8 hour day or so kinda hard to see how theres so little content coming out. But as i said I have no idea how it works i just know i wouldn't pay for the current stream of content.

andmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By andmm

@J12088: Yeah, that ocurred to me as well. Kinda pisses me off to be honest :|

Shensai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Shensai

6 people can only do so much. It takes dozens to run a big boy website.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Icemo

Some kind of premium content would be cool today. Even if they are busy with goty.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#268  Edited By papercut

They told you strait up in I Love Mondays this week expect less content because of end of the year stuff. They are hard at work on other things.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By BoatDrinks

I have been a subscriber since day 1, but that might change come september 2013. The content has just not been there, and when it is there, it has not been that good (spooking is not quality content).

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By vikingdeath1

@Icemo said:

Some kind of premium content would be cool today. Even if they are busy with goty.

I've been pressing F5 every hour today hoping that a timer shows up for..... SOMETHING, Anything!

Anything to lift my final exam blues.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By PulledaBrad

@papercut said:

They told you strait up in I Love Mondays this week expect less content because of end of the year stuff. They are hard at work on other things.

Apparently that is too hard for some people to do. Some need giant flashing letters on the main page to tell whats going on apparently.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Twiggy199

The content is dead premium or not, i've found myself reading the forums rather than watching content a lot more in the past 2-3 months. i've barely watched TNT because most of the time it just seems like they're doing it because they have to, there's just no life in the stream and they just seem bored. The highlight of the stream last night....... "Shark pit!", yeah big deal!.

EDIT: The podcast is the strongest part of the site at the minute, they just sit back, relax and and have the most spontaneous conversations about video games and general life, because they haven't got to wait for news to happen or games to come out. The site needs more spontinuity.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#273  Edited By Ravenlight

You nerds sure get your lacy panties in a ruffle over dumb crap sometimes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go smoke in the stairwell and bang a cheerleader.