#1 Posted by Castiel (2534 posts) -

It's not on the coming up schedule anymore and was it not supposed to begin in like half an hour?

Man, that sucks. I know Patrick works his ass off, but I wish Giant Bomb would be more organized with its content. I feel stuff gets cancelled or put off a bit too often at times.

I really don't hope it has been cancelled because of Bombin' The A.M. I have nothing against Bombin' The A.M. but its been so long since the last Spookin' episode and it's one of my absolute favorite features on the site, so it would be a shame it Patrick decided to cancel this episode because of Bombin'.

But I get it, it's limited how much content one Giant Bomb member can put out, I would just rather have seen an episode of Spookin' than Bombin' in this case. We have a new episode of Bombin' every week. I think it's been months since the last Spookin'.

#2 Posted by Fear_the_Booboo (395 posts) -

There's a water leak at his appartment and that's why he's cancelling it. He said it on twitter.

I love spooking... :(

#4 Posted by Milkman (16540 posts) -

#5 Edited by billymagnum (726 posts) -

Plumbing with Scoops?

#7 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2203 posts) -

@castiel:

#8 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Maybe they'll do another demons souls thing since the timeslot is open?

#9 Posted by futurstock (129 posts) -

Maybe they'll do another demons souls thing since the timeslot is open?

in your dreams (also mine)

#10 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1735 posts) -

Bummer, but at least it gives me the chance to catch it live next time since I have a thing this evening. I hope the flooding didn't cause any real damage.

#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11711 posts) -

This is a huge bummer...and the others barely make content for the site :(

#12 Posted by billymagnum (726 posts) -

This is a huge bummer...and the others barely make content for the site :(

#13 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5260 posts) -

Oh, that's too bad. I hope he works everything out.

#14 Edited by RonGalaxy (2892 posts) -
#15 Posted by Humanity (8835 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

Maybe they'll do another demons souls thing since the timeslot is open?

in your dreams (also mine)

I don't even understand why they keep to these time slots so rigidly. Patrick isn't in the office anyway, why can't he just do the Spookin' thing tomorrow and they can put it up over the weekend if Friday proves to be so incredibly jam packed with new content.

#16 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11487 posts) -

Water Damage Insurance Claims with Scoops!

#17 Edited by ElixirBronze (417 posts) -

Yeah I hope they throw something else together in it's place, doesn't have to be anything fancy.

#18 Posted by Korwin (2830 posts) -

Flood damaged dry wall replacement with Scoops.

#19 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@castiel said:

Man, that sucks. I know Patrick works his ass off, but I wish Giant Bomb would be more organized with its content. I feel stuff gets cancelled or put off a bit too often at times.

Maybe it's just me but I can't remember anything getting cancelled recently. There was that one time a few months ago that they cancelled a Bombin' in the AM when Patrick was in SF and overslept/forgot about it. But other than that, I can't think of anything.

#20 Posted by laserguy (439 posts) -

the thing about he site is that the guys just post when they feel like it. Some things have a time frame most dont. Nothing gets cancelled they just stop doing it.

#21 Posted by Baillie (4039 posts) -

It'd be nice if this information was posted on the main site, and not on twitter.

#22 Posted by sirkibble23 (127 posts) -

@humanity said:

@futurstock said:

@clonedzero said:

Maybe they'll do another demons souls thing since the timeslot is open?

in your dreams (also mine)

I don't even understand why they keep to these time slots so rigidly. Patrick isn't in the office anyway, why can't he just do the Spookin' thing tomorrow and they can put it up over the weekend if Friday proves to be so incredibly jam packed with new content.

My guess is that they have to work on other things for other content, so pushing it back means pushing back other things as well. Just a guess.

#23 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

@baillie said:

It'd be nice if this information was posted on the main site, and not on twitter.

Yeah. It's kinda bullshit that i have to go load up twitter which i actively hate to find out if a livestream is happening or not.

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (14578 posts) -

@baillie said:

It'd be nice if this information was posted on the main site, and not on twitter.

Yeah. It's kinda bullshit that i have to go load up twitter which i actively hate to find out if a livestream is happening or not.

Really? This is what we're complaining about? Loading up a web page for 30 seconds?

#25 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@baillie said:

It'd be nice if this information was posted on the main site, and not on twitter.

Yeah. It's kinda bullshit that i have to go load up twitter which i actively hate to find out if a livestream is happening or not.

Except you don't because whenever this happens (which seems to be about never), someone inevitably makes a thread about it.

#26 Posted by Aristotled (31 posts) -

@clonedzero: Well in Patrick's defense if his house is flooded he may not be in a position to put an update on the site. Besides didn't their used to be a twitter tracker in the bottom right corner of the front page? What happened to that?

#27 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

@baillie said:

It'd be nice if this information was posted on the main site, and not on twitter.

Yeah. It's kinda bullshit that i have to go load up twitter which i actively hate to find out if a livestream is happening or not.

Really? This is what we're complaining about? Loading up a web page for 30 seconds?

Well im not making a big deal about it or anything. It is inconvenient and poor design to make you have to go to another website to find out updates on giantbomb. Just saying they should probably get a update section or something on the main page.

i pay for this subscription so if something is annoying i will mention it so they can improve on it.

#28 Posted by BeachThunder (11711 posts) -

@billymagnum: Hm, well, perhaps not 'barely', but it's not a secret that a pretty large swath of content comes from Patrick and Alex.

#29 Edited by billymagnum (726 posts) -

@billymagnum: Hm, well, perhaps not 'barely', but it's not a secret that a pretty large swath of content comes from Patrick and Alex.

i dont see the gigantism of their content compared to everyone else's but im not here to debate so i respect your point of view

#30 Posted by ShaggE (6341 posts) -

Well, crap. Was looking forward to some Spookery tonight. That's a pretty good reason to cancel, though, so ah well.

#31 Posted by csl316 (8155 posts) -

It's foggy here in Chicago, man. You don't even know!

But in all seriousness, snow's been melting and we had some pretty intense rain all day. Sucks for Patrick, I'm worried about my basement, too.

As others have said, however, I wish we didn't need to go to Twitter for these sorts of updates. A section for Staff Stuff that could be quickly updated with a cancellation or a "simmer down, podcast is uploading" and other breaking news may be a decent idea.

#32 Edited by Yummylee (21279 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

@demoskinos said:
@clonedzero said:

@baillie said:

It'd be nice if this information was posted on the main site, and not on twitter.

Yeah. It's kinda bullshit that i have to go load up twitter which i actively hate to find out if a livestream is happening or not.

Really? This is what we're complaining about? Loading up a web page for 30 seconds?

Well im not making a big deal about it or anything. It is inconvenient and poor design to make you have to go to another website to find out updates on giantbomb. Just saying they should probably get a update section or something on the main page.

i pay for this subscription so if something is annoying i will mention it so they can improve on it.

Completely agree. I also wish there was a system in place where you could ask the staff questions on the actual site. That's... probably too complex given the site is once again going through 'growing pains' where nothing works, but in the near future it'd be great if the site actually starts expanding its feature list with stuff like that. Y'know, as opposed to systematically removing features.

#33 Posted by Demoskinos (14578 posts) -
@yummylee said:

@clonedzero said:

@demoskinos said:
@clonedzero said:

@baillie said:

It'd be nice if this information was posted on the main site, and not on twitter.

Yeah. It's kinda bullshit that i have to go load up twitter which i actively hate to find out if a livestream is happening or not.

Really? This is what we're complaining about? Loading up a web page for 30 seconds?

Well im not making a big deal about it or anything. It is inconvenient and poor design to make you have to go to another website to find out updates on giantbomb. Just saying they should probably get a update section or something on the main page.

i pay for this subscription so if something is annoying i will mention it so they can improve on it.

Completely agree. I also wish there was a system in place where you could ask the staff questions on the actual site. That's... probably too complex given the site is once again going through 'growing pains' where nothing works, but in the near future it'd be great if the site actually starts expanding its feature list with stuff like that. Y'know, as opposed to systematically removing features.

Well guess what you don't even have to leave Giantbomb for that. Well I guess right now you do... but usually when the site is working at 100% they have the twitter feed embedded on the front page. Simple as navigating to the front page. I still don't see the big issue here. As already stated someone almost always makes a thread about it anyways.

#34 Posted by Yummylee (21279 posts) -

@demoskinos: It's the principle. It should be their duty to clue in users what's happening on their site. And that twitter feed is pretty laggy; it's not uncommon for it to be stuck on twitter posts from hours ago or something.

#35 Posted by Crembaw (317 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

Maybe they'll do another demons souls thing since the timeslot is open?

in your dreams (also mine)

SL1 New Londo run. By next week he'll be able to do it with his hands tied.

#36 Edited by Fattony12000 (7072 posts) -
#37 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Plumbing? I assumed Patrick ran out of games or something. Sort of like how Ryan ran out of movies for TANG.

#38 Posted by NMC2008 (1231 posts) -

Patrick should play Ninja Gaiden 2.