Did they just cancel Spookin' with Scoops?

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

It's not on the coming up schedule anymore and was it not supposed to begin in like half an hour?

Man, that sucks. I know Patrick works his ass off, but I wish Giant Bomb would be more organized with its content. I feel stuff gets cancelled or put off a bit too often at times.

I really don't hope it has been cancelled because of Bombin' The A.M. I have nothing against Bombin' The A.M. but its been so long since the last Spookin' episode and it's one of my absolute favorite features on the site, so it would be a shame it Patrick decided to cancel this episode because of Bombin'.

But I get it, it's limited how much content one Giant Bomb member can put out, I would just rather have seen an episode of Spookin' than Bombin' in this case. We have a new episode of Bombin' every week. I think it's been months since the last Spookin'.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

There's a water leak at his appartment and that's why he's cancelling it. He said it on twitter.

I love spooking... :(

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plumbing with Scoops?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@castiel:

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they'll do another demons souls thing since the timeslot is open?

futurstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

in your dreams (also mine)

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By soldierg654342

Bummer, but at least it gives me the chance to catch it live next time since I have a thing this evening. I hope the flooding didn't cause any real damage.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

This is a huge bummer...and the others barely make content for the site :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a huge bummer...and the others barely make content for the site :(

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Oh, that's too bad. I hope he works everything out.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By RonGalaxy
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@clonedzero said:

I don't even understand why they keep to these time slots so rigidly. Patrick isn't in the office anyway, why can't he just do the Spookin' thing tomorrow and they can put it up over the weekend if Friday proves to be so incredibly jam packed with new content.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Water Damage Insurance Claims with Scoops!

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ElixirBronze

Yeah I hope they throw something else together in it's place, doesn't have to be anything fancy.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Flood damaged dry wall replacement with Scoops.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

Man, that sucks. I know Patrick works his ass off, but I wish Giant Bomb would be more organized with its content. I feel stuff gets cancelled or put off a bit too often at times.

Maybe it's just me but I can't remember anything getting cancelled recently. There was that one time a few months ago that they cancelled a Bombin' in the AM when Patrick was in SF and overslept/forgot about it. But other than that, I can't think of anything.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the thing about he site is that the guys just post when they feel like it. Some things have a time frame most dont. Nothing gets cancelled they just stop doing it.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be nice if this information was posted on the main site, and not on twitter.

sirkibble23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@humanity said:

@futurstock said:

@clonedzero said:

I don't even understand why they keep to these time slots so rigidly. Patrick isn't in the office anyway, why can't he just do the Spookin' thing tomorrow and they can put it up over the weekend if Friday proves to be so incredibly jam packed with new content.

My guess is that they have to work on other things for other content, so pushing it back means pushing back other things as well. Just a guess.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie said:

It'd be nice if this information was posted on the main site, and not on twitter.

Yeah. It's kinda bullshit that i have to go load up twitter which i actively hate to find out if a livestream is happening or not.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@baillie said:

Yeah. It's kinda bullshit that i have to go load up twitter which i actively hate to find out if a livestream is happening or not.

Really? This is what we're complaining about? Loading up a web page for 30 seconds?

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie said:

Except you don't because whenever this happens (which seems to be about never), someone inevitably makes a thread about it.

Aristotled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero: Well in Patrick's defense if his house is flooded he may not be in a position to put an update on the site. Besides didn't their used to be a twitter tracker in the bottom right corner of the front page? What happened to that?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero said:

@baillie said:

Really? This is what we're complaining about? Loading up a web page for 30 seconds?

Well im not making a big deal about it or anything. It is inconvenient and poor design to make you have to go to another website to find out updates on giantbomb. Just saying they should probably get a update section or something on the main page.

i pay for this subscription so if something is annoying i will mention it so they can improve on it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@billymagnum: Hm, well, perhaps not 'barely', but it's not a secret that a pretty large swath of content comes from Patrick and Alex.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billymagnum: Hm, well, perhaps not 'barely', but it's not a secret that a pretty large swath of content comes from Patrick and Alex.

i dont see the gigantism of their content compared to everyone else's but im not here to debate so i respect your point of view

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, crap. Was looking forward to some Spookery tonight. That's a pretty good reason to cancel, though, so ah well.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's foggy here in Chicago, man. You don't even know!

But in all seriousness, snow's been melting and we had some pretty intense rain all day. Sucks for Patrick, I'm worried about my basement, too.

As others have said, however, I wish we didn't need to go to Twitter for these sorts of updates. A section for Staff Stuff that could be quickly updated with a cancellation or a "simmer down, podcast is uploading" and other breaking news may be a decent idea.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#32  Edited By Yummylee

@clonedzero said:

@demoskinos said:
@clonedzero said:

@baillie said:

Well im not making a big deal about it or anything. It is inconvenient and poor design to make you have to go to another website to find out updates on giantbomb. Just saying they should probably get a update section or something on the main page.

i pay for this subscription so if something is annoying i will mention it so they can improve on it.

Completely agree. I also wish there was a system in place where you could ask the staff questions on the actual site. That's... probably too complex given the site is once again going through 'growing pains' where nothing works, but in the near future it'd be great if the site actually starts expanding its feature list with stuff like that. Y'know, as opposed to systematically removing features.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@yummylee said:

@clonedzero said:

@demoskinos said:
@clonedzero said:

@baillie said:

Completely agree. I also wish there was a system in place where you could ask the staff questions on the actual site. That's... probably too complex given the site is once again going through 'growing pains' where nothing works, but in the near future it'd be great if the site actually starts expanding its feature list with stuff like that. Y'know, as opposed to systematically removing features.

Well guess what you don't even have to leave Giantbomb for that. Well I guess right now you do... but usually when the site is working at 100% they have the twitter feed embedded on the front page. Simple as navigating to the front page. I still don't see the big issue here. As already stated someone almost always makes a thread about it anyways.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@demoskinos: It's the principle. It should be their duty to clue in users what's happening on their site. And that twitter feed is pretty laggy; it's not uncommon for it to be stuck on twitter posts from hours ago or something.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero said:

SL1 New Londo run. By next week he'll be able to do it with his hands tied.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fattony12000
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Plumbing? I assumed Patrick ran out of games or something. Sort of like how Ryan ran out of movies for TANG.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Patrick should play Ninja Gaiden 2.