Did you buy a sub with Paypal/have a bad expiration date?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hey,

We're having a sale on memberships! We have a Paypal option in the store if the on-site methods don't work for you. Plenty of you obviously know about that, as we've gotten hundreds of Paypal membership orders.

Please note that all of these have to be hooked up manually, by me. Unfortunately that takes some time. I'm prioritizing getting the people without current memberships hooked up before Unprofessional Fridays. If you made a purchase intended to extend an existing membership, I am going to get to you when I can, but it might take until next week before I get through all of these (especially considering that they're still coming in).

want to go to there
want to go to there

Also, some of you with multiple years on your subs may have noticed that your expiration date was bumped back a year or so when you check your account page. We're going to be running a script that will hopefully fix those issues, hopefully soon. If you check back next week and you still think your expiration date is off, let me know at support at giantbomb.com and I'll look into it for you.

Unfortunately we're getting a lot of traffic to that email address as well, so I can't promise an immediate reply, but I will get back to you as soon as I can. I do my best to respond promptly when people have issues, but sales always create a large amount of emails. As above, I'm trying to prioritize people with immediate issues of the "I can't log in/my account blew up/please help oh god oh god I've been shot" variety.

As always, thank you for subscribing to this dumb ol' website and I apologize if I'm delayed in getting back to you on something.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sub_o

No issues @rorie . Take your time, and you guys are doing a great job. Not enough puppy chomping though.

eloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Yeah, had mine bump back a year. Good to know it's a known issue. Having the billing/transaction log working would help here.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No Caption Provided

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Wait, so the new service you switched to didn't fix the paypal issue?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so the new service you switched to didn't fix the paypal issue?

It supports Paypal; we just haven't had the time to embed that stuff on the site yet. Hopefully within the next month it'll be something we can do seamlessly.

Tomba_be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, last time I added a year to my subscription during a sale, my account broke in such a way that I kept my 'Monthly' status, but I didn't get billed each month anymore. Since it's just the avatar icon I never bothered anyone with it. When I tried adding a year during this sale, my status did get changed to 'Premium Yearly' and I got to the 'Payment succeeded' page, but my account still has a next billing date of June 1, 2015. So hopefully that script next week will fix things for me, if not I know who to bother with it!

But at least the sale is bringing in some extra money, that's always good to hear!

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just glad I can throw money at you guys through paypal! And puppies!

No Caption Provided

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By hassun

I sent an e-mail to support shortly before the whole BLLSL insanity started because my renewal date was off.

It currently says: "Premium (Yearly). Your subscription will automatically renew on May 14, 2015."

But my most recent renewal happened on 29 November 2014.

No Caption Provided

Basically what has happened here is that the renewal date is still stuck on my previous extension (which, according to my e-mails, happened on 15 May 2014).

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

I sent an e-mail to support shortly before the whole BLLSL insanity started because my renewal date was off.

It currently says: "Premium (Yearly). Your subscription will automatically renew on May 14, 2015."

But my most recent renewal happened on 29 November 2014.

No Caption Provided

Basically what has happened here is that the renewal date is still stuck on my previous extension (which, according to my e-mails, happened on 15 May 2014).

Yep, I saw the email but didn't have time to respond recently. Hopefully this will be fixed automatically by the script we're running. Email again on Tuesday if it doesn't work out. I'll fix you manually.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hassun
Coreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or just shuck Paypal a big one and go use Stripe instead. It's what Humble Bundle uses and it doesn't compromise user accounts and integrity.

I'm talking out of experience as this exact thing happened to me, for no good reason whatsoever. There are a multitude of such issues, just google. I avoid Paypal like the plague, and hope others someday'll understand what evil Paypal really is.

Anyways, good luck with the sale!

kahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stripe is much better than PayPal. PayPal is just the most widely used online payment platform, and is easier for casuals since it's a product/service that is universally known.

zokamoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zokamoka

Love the description text I feel like I am buying drugs lol XD, actually I am addicted to GB....kinda

EDIT: Also Rorie what are the rules concerning email reply's, I sent you an email and you fixed my sub but I didn't wanna reply with a Thank You since you looked really busy and I did not want to add another email to your inbox. So what is the etiquette do I send a Thank You email or not next time I contact you guys?

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I did the Paypal thing, my renewal date is still May 15, 2015, so thats like 10 days or so. So no rush @rorie, I can only imagine you are run off your feet keeping up with all this, so you have my permission to sleep.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: My renewal date did in fact change, but it only changed by 1 day. It now says May 15, 2015 instead of May 14, 2015.

Sikboy1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I just bought another year, should expire 2017. Just get to it when you can :)

MC68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rigas said:

I did the Paypal thing, my renewal date is still May 15, 2015, so thats like 10 days or so. So no rush @rorie, I can only imagine you are run off your feet keeping up with all this, so you have my permission to sleep.

Same thing for me, if it matters at all.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sikboy1029:

@mc68 said:
@rigas said:

Same thing for me, if it matters at all.

Yep, I need to finish up the spreadsheet for this today and get it to the engineer. Sorry for the delay; it should all be hooked up by the end of the week. (We pushed back all the renewal dates so you shouldn't miss any time or get renewed in the meantime.)

MC68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: No sweat, it's all good :)