Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SmasheControllers

Nope came from Gametrailers it's worst. If you want a life story gamespot, ign, gamespot, giantbomb, stopped going on the interwebs for a long time, then gay ass gametrailers, now giantbomb.com it's a website about videogames.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

Kinda.  I stopped using Gamespot after Jeff left so I wasn't really using any site for a while and then I joined up on day one of Giant Bomb

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

First, there really needs to be a sticky for this sort of thing. Second, yes, a few months ago. Third, there is no third, creating a paradox that rips open all of spacetime.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Yukoei
@Video_Game_King: What do you mean there should be a sticky? do a lot of people ask this question?
mikecardii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By mikecardii

No, I heard about the bombcast through a friend, then learned about the Endurance Run and started watching that, and finally checked out the forums.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By dethfish

I think this thread has already been made multiple times. It seems like it at least.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yukoei
@mikecardii: What is endurance run?
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By breadfan
@Yukoei said:
@Video_Game_King: What do you mean there should be a sticky? do a lot of people ask this question?
Whenever someone joins Giant Bomb after using Gamespot they make a thread about it.  These threads pop up quite often
Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yukoei
@Br3adfan: Oh, sorry :P
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yukoei said:

" @mikecardii: What is endurance run? "

oh shit a person 4 player who doesn't know er? it's vinny and jeff playing through Persona 4. they're almost done. watch from the beginning they're on episode 136? i think.
Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Dark_Jon

Yup, and I'm never going back. :)

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yukoei
@SmashedControllers: uhhh...what? o.O
sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sdauz

came here pretty much the day i found out about the site ON gamespot that jeff and ryan had set up a site....lol the forum post about giantbomb.com before the full site had launched was shut down by gamespot staff QUICK lol

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yukoei: It's Jeff and Vinny playing through P4, go to Videos then ER then watch episode 1-3 and then you can't stop. Spoiler's they're almost do so if you didn't beat it don't watch the later ones.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By artofwar420

I wouldn't say I came just from Gamespot, because I have accounts in most of the gaming news sites, I just wasn't that active. I guess I was more active in Gamespot, I even wrote a few blog posts. And was part of some unions. But all in all I wasn't really that active at any game site, until now.

I mainly frequented some other fan sites of developers like Rockstar and Relic.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Black_Rose

Yes, never looked back.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DanielJW

I came from...nowhere. World of Warcraft forums I guess? I never really became interested in gaming or the news thereof until Giantbomb.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By ShadowKiller

Yes but my friends occasionally tell me to log on and check out some unions. Other than that I've completely moved on.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20  Edited By RHCPfan24

Yeah, i came from Gamespot. I remember On The Spot, The Hotspot, and GameSpotting. Spot. But, yeah, those days seem like a while ago and now I am glad to be here. It is awesome.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By asurastrike

I got banned from Gamespot after expressing my anger at them for firing Jeff. :P

Themanohall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Themanohall

No, @DanielJW said:

" I came from...nowhere. World of Warcraft forums I guess? I never really became interested in gaming or the news thereof until Giantbomb. "
Same for me, except it was the Rock Band forums right before Guitar Hero III.
calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By calidan777

I actually came from 1up.com,I was very active but I got to where I just did'nt like the editor's there,they act like they hate gaming or something,I mean I know that they have to review games and all but it seems like they are just overly critical of everything.I just got tired of listening to them complain,that's why I stopped listening to the 1up podcast ,got tired of all the bitching.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Supermarius

well i didnt really post anywhere, but i found out about gerstmann-gate a and Giantbomb both from joystiq, and from the Noobtoob podcast. so i guess i came from there.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JazGalaxy

Yep. 

Jeff left Gamespot. Alex left. Ryan left. Brad left. I left. 

...then I followed them here. I don't even click on gamespot anymore. I found what they did to be the worst of the worst. And before that I went to gamespot every day mutliple times a day for many years.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Seedofpower

yes for the 50th time.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Druminator

Jeff has been my favorite reviewer for years so yes I came from GameSpot. If it wasn't for Jeff I wouldn't be here and you have to admit you feel the same.

Edit: I reached rank 22 on GameSpot, then I got banned for some reason, then I reached rank 26. Now I'm on Giant Bomb.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FunExplosions

Holy crap. 3 to 1 for Gamespot. I switched mainly to GB when I heard about it. I didn't care a whole lot for "yet another video game site," but as soon as I checked it out and saw how uniquely laid back and knowledgeable the staff was, I was hooked. I also joined right before the first Quick Look, so I saw that there was some real cool stuff on here. I still go to Gamespot to check some game reviews that were overlooked by GB.

Ugalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ugalde

I came here but very rarely used this site. I got banned from the forums at Gamespot and now use these forums. So yes. I like this site alot better although I think Gamespot's OT was better.
Ugalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ugalde
@Druminator said:
"Jeff has been my favorite reviewer for years so yes I came from GameSpot. If it wasn't for Jeff I wouldn't be here and you have to admit you feel the same.  Edit: I reached rank 22 on GameSpot, then I got banned for some reason, then I reached rank 26. Now I'm on Giant Bomb. "

I love Jeff but if I had to pick a favorite Ryan takes the cake. I wouldn't come here if either was gone though. And would be very displeased if Vinny left. I'm meh for Brad only because of his monotone voice lol.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RsistncE
@SmashedControllers: Oh man the GT forums are fucking TERRIBLE. Honestly, I'd rather go down on Oprah than go back there.

EDIT: I cannot tell a lie. There's no way in hell I'd go down on Oprah, EVER.
Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Insectecutor

Used to listen to the Hotspot and watch On The Spot every week until the whole Jeff thing went down, then I cancelled my Gamespot subscription (which you had to have to get high bandwidth streams) and started following the Arrow Pointing Down podcast and blogs. Fuck Gamespot.

dangerousdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dangerousdave
@RHCPfan24 said:

" Yeah, i came from Gamespot. I remember On The Spot, The Hotspot, and GameSpotting. Spot. But, yeah, those days seem like a while ago and now I am glad to be here. It is awesome. "

Yeah, I left Gamespot after the whole shapowpow regarding Jeff's review.  I didn't go to any forum at all until I found out about Giantbomb like eight months after.  The crew at Gamespot was great.  Rich Gallop, Alex Nevarro, Jeff Gerstmann, Ryan Davis, Brad Shoemaker, and the king of all of them... GREG KASAVIN!!

They really went to crap now.  I still like a few of the people there, like Tor Thorsen, but boooo-urns to all the younger reviewers there and Kevin VanOrb.

Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hughes

I posted on GameFAQs but followed Jeff's profile on GameSpot, then jeffgerstmann.net, then APD podcasts, then giantbomb. I pretty much haven't posted on GameFAQs since the GB forums launched.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Druminator
@Ugalde said:
" @Druminator said:
"Jeff has been my favorite reviewer for years so yes I came from GameSpot. If it wasn't for Jeff I wouldn't be here and you have to admit you feel the same.  Edit: I reached rank 22 on GameSpot, then I got banned for some reason, then I reached rank 26. Now I'm on Giant Bomb. "
I love Jeff but if I had to pick a favorite Ryan takes the cake. I wouldn't come here if either was gone though. And would be very displeased if Vinny left. I'm meh for Brad only because of his monotone voice lol. "
Dude, Brad's voice makes me wish him and I were gay lovers........ wait, what?
drowsap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By drowsap

Yea once jeff said he was starting his own site i jumped on  the bandwagon. These guys made game spot what it was.  Now theres just no personality there its not bad just bland
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mordukai
@Ugalde said:
" @Druminator said:
I love Jeff but if I had to pick a favorite Ryan takes the cake. I wouldn't come here if either was gone though. And would be very displeased if Vinny left. I'm meh for Brad only because of his monotone voice lol. "
Dude! Brad has the most soothing ever. He needs to have to have his own segment where he tells us bed time video game stories. 
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By natetodamax

No

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BiG_Weasel

No, but I was a 1upper.  After the UGO mess, I just decided to come over here.  Brad and I are fellow North Carolinians, and there's not enough podcasts out there talking about video games in a southern accent.  Not to mention he actually knows how damn good Bojangle's chicken is. 

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hitchenson

What a super original thread this is, eh?! :D

iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By iiNF3RNo

yeah i loved gamespot when greg, jeff, ryan, alex ,and all the originals were there

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42  Edited By KaosAngel

...how many threads of this will we have?  It's Giant Bomb...don't live in the past.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#43  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@KaosAngel said:
" ...how many threads of this will we have?  It's Giant Bomb...don't live in the past. "
I agree. Leave your NeoGAFs, GameTrailers, and Gamespots in the past and start anew at Giant Bomb.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrKlorox
@BiG_Weasel said:
" Brad and I are fellow North Carolinians, and there's not enough podcasts out there talking about video games in a southern accent. "
I don't notice much accent and I'm from the south... it's something I tend to look for when people talk. The only accent I hear is a reduced Butt-head type of accent that was probably ingrained in the mid-90's by Mike Judge. People tell me I sound Beavis-y.
Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pkshields

Nope, I came over from hearing the Bombcast. Never actually became a member of any other gaming sites, but signed up here day one!

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By REDRUN

Once Jeff, Ryan, Alex and Brad left.... i did too. Its not the same without them. Giantbomb loyal since this domain came to be before the official launch.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#47  Edited By dudacles

I used to go to gamespot, but I stopped going there even before Jeff got fired. After I heard what had happened to him though, I simply came back here. I didn't really have a dedication to one particular news site in the time gap between my gamespot and giantbomb attendance.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lashe

I guess kind of yeah. Followed GS coverage for years but never actually joined the site, then with the whole thing that went down I started getting a little more active in forums and the like. I think this is the second forum I've actually ever bothered to join and actively participate in, you lucky, lucky sods.

Retrogimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By Retrogimp

Was a casual fan of Gamespot, mostly when I was a 'casual' gamer (during the Gamecube era). However, without realising I had an interst in Jeff's review style I quickly stopped using Gamespot as soon as I found out he was fired, and that the others I liked were all gone (Navarro and Kasavin). I wavered for a bit and follwed Jeff's blogs until he set up Giantbomb, although I was on holiday when it launched so couldn't register on the first day, hence i joined four days later. Man, it was a good time....

This is the first site I've ever left comments for, as it's not usually my thing. Anyways, I'm rambling. Back to work.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tmthomsen

Gamespot -> Ryan's blog/Jeff's blog -> Giantbomb