Difficulty Levels and Renting Video Games

FearMyFlop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FearMyFlop

I was just thinking about how I play my games. MY games, the ones I purchase. I don't buy games all that often but when I do I like to play them on the harder difficulty settings to stretch out the time I get from the game. When I rent a game through redbox or gamefly I usually put it on easy to burn through it faster. I was just curious to see if any of the GB community did the same thing or something similar.

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Phyrlord

I don't really rent games anymore. I normally just play through normal.. unless the game is super easy then make it harder, I usually never turn down difficulty though.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Phatmac

I use gamefly for my gaming needs or for games I've been wanting to beat. I rarely buy games new unless I really want to play them. I also only play games on normal. The only games I've played on hard are co-op games like Halo and Gears.

Erk_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Erk_Forever

I hate renting or borrowing a game that has the highest difficulty unlocked. I want the achievement for ultra-butt eating hardmode, but, I know I won't play through it again pretty hard mode.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

I just play normal and I don't rent games because where would you even do that anymore?

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sockemjetpack

Back in the long long ago when I used to rent games on Friday nights after school they didn't have difficulty levels. I was stuck with whatever difficulty the game was on default. I had to rent Megaman 2 twice to beat it proper. I do remember the first game I rented that had a difficulty select... Aladdin for the Genesis. I was a young lad and I put it on easy. Was I proud of myself? Nope. Did I beat it in one weekend and thus was able to play a completely new game next week? Yup.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Dagbiker

Me and my sister would rent nes games from our local video game store. Games like chip and dale, megaman and others

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By DoctorWelch

I always play on the default unless I really like the game and want to get the achievements for the harder difficulties.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By kgb0515

The only game I have turned down the difficulty on recently was Uncharted 3. The part where Drake is hallucinating at the end and you have to kill the demon things was driving me bananas on hard, and I had to step it down to see the ending. It was easily the most difficult part of the game for me.

firecreed17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By firecreed17

My favorite place to rent games was PlayCo Toys. They would have SNES, NES and gameboy. I would usually just stick with the default difficulty, but the only time I turn up the difficulty is when the game offers NG+.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By ShaggE

@MikkaQ said:

I just play normal and I don't rent games because where would you even do that anymore?

Online rental services. Gamefly in the US, Lovefilm in the UK, etc.

snowpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By snowpin

I haven't rented any games since SNES days. Even back then I never really rented. I rarely did. I remember renting Super Mario RPG when it became hard to find... Although, I never returned it and it still today sits on my shelf and I play it all the time. Only had to pay them like $20 for it too haha