Digital Molecular Matter

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I remember before The Force Unleashed came out, this was all the rage and they were calling it the "future" of gaming. Are there any new games coming out that use this? I thought that it was well done in The Force Unleashed, but it also had it's fair share of problems. If a studio could master it, it would really add a lot to a game. What do you guys think?  

It seems that most people have forgotten about it.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@xyzygy said:
" I remember before The Force Unleashed came out, this was all the rage and they were calling it the "future" of gaming. Are there any new games coming out that use this? I thought that it was well done in The Force Unleashed, but it also had it's fair share of problems. If a studio could master it, it would really add a lot to a game. What do you guys think?   It seems that most people have forgotten about it. "

Nobody has forgotten it at all.  It's just many people have decided on creating their own equivalents such Crytek and Volition who employed their own material damage technologies in Crysis and Red Faction  : Guerrilla respectively.
adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By adziboy

I'm not gonna pretend to be very tech-savvy, so I searched it up and found this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE4k9Vmcp5g - which is a great example for everyone like me. 

I think that it looks awesome, but I do have doubts for this gen. Would it be possible to do that and still look as good as some of the top games at the moment? Like I said, I'm not sure how it all works but at first thoughts I'm thinking that the first example in that vid takes up less.. data (or something, I dunno) than the second one, so would they be able to use that in games effectively? Red Faction was quite good but it wasn't the most atmospheric, packed world. It was basically random terrain, which was red, with buildings on.