#1 Edited by Ghost_Cat (1395 posts) -

I, and (I believe) many others, would totally dig if Capcom gave the Dino Crisis franchise some loving with a new game. For my money, and to start things off strong, I would love to see a reboot, but the entire thing takes place on a large-scale space station dedicated to many different researches (primarily bio weapons). The Dino Crisis reboot would have all new characters, but the game would make few vague references to the old games and their characters.

Basically some scientists goofed up on keeping their dinosaur-resurrection experiments secured, in which they all break loose. Eventually, some dinosaurs in the later half accidentally break into the bio-weapons facility, causing them to be exposed and mutated by the chemical agents.

There isn't suppose to be a good reason why this is all going down on a large space station; the idea that dinosaurs are on a space station should be enough to... Well, it's dinosaurs in space. 'Nuff said. If you have been aching for a new Dino Crisis game, what would you like it to become?

#2 Edited by Hailinel (23943 posts) -

I always thought it would be kind of neat if Capcom went back and redid the original game with RE4-style gameplay. I think it would serve the concept a lot better than the original "Resident Evil 1 with dinosaurs" idea.

#3 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3052 posts) -

I'd be okay with a dinosaur zombie fighting game. That's a free one capcom, next one I'm charging.

#4 Edited by IsenTorr (39 posts) -

Love the first two games but hated the third. They should just make a new one and continue the story where dino crisis 2 left off (Regina did say she would return).

#5 Edited by Marcsman (3125 posts) -

Reboot it and start all over. I would definitely be interested.

#6 Edited by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

I'd love for them to go back and remake the first game. Do a retelling/reboot with it. I thought the second one was a bit too much of an action game, so I'd prefer if it more closely resembled the style of the first game. The original had a great balance of puzzles, action, and mood/tension.

#7 Edited by Brodehouse (9623 posts) -

Stop stop he's already dead

#8 Posted by SaFt (379 posts) -

Loved the first game. The second one was a bit too arcadey for my tastes though. But a reboot is very welcome.

#9 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1396 posts) -

I'd really like a dinosaur survival game, so I'm all for it. What I'd really like is an open world survival game with dinosaurs that's based on Site B stuff from Jurassic Park. You're stranded on the island and you want to escape; you have to find shelter at night (you can still move around at night but it would be more dangerous. Think Minecraft on that part). Imagine looking for materials and running across a T-Rex, but instead of fighting or running from it, you're hiding because it didn't see you. Or being hunted down by a pack of raptors.

#10 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3745 posts) -

My favorite threads are the ones that are thinly-veiled fan-fiction.

Oh, and I've never played Dino Crisis, but it seems cool in an awful way.

#11 Edited by Poppduder (460 posts) -

I didn't realize we were counting Dino Crisis 3.

#12 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

I've been waiting for a Dino Crisis/ReBoot crossover forever.

#13 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3052 posts) -

Can I begin this thinly-veiled fan fiction. Bioforge is a prequel to Dino Crisis, and now the endless bounds of possibilities awaits for what happens in-between those games.

#14 Edited by Reisz (1461 posts) -

If you are a sane, living, human; Dino Crisis three does not exist. I'd love to see a new Dino Crisis game that was along the lines of the original more so than the sequel. Maybe a modern engine, in-continuity reboot, meaning they effectively reboot the franchise but reference the original games and age the main character appropriately. Hell Dino Crisis 2 took place in 2010 so now's kind of the perfect time for another Dino Crisis right? Right!?

. . . . I need to get Dino Crisis for my Vita I've been eyeing it almost weekly all year.

#15 Edited by Ghost_Cat (1395 posts) -

@wrighteous86 said:

Can I begin this thinly-veiled fan fiction. Bioforge is a prequel to Dino Crisis, and now the endless bounds of possibilities awaits for what happens in-between those games.

Wait, so then my idea of dinosaurs in space can actually work into this timeline! And yes, I want to push the awful part as far as possible with a reboot.

#16 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3745 posts) -

@ghost_cat: I'm still not sure if you're aware of the 3rd game... Dino Crisis 3. You know that already takes place in space, right?

#17 Edited by Slag (4044 posts) -

@hailinel said:

I always thought it would be kind of neat if Capcom went back and redid the original game with RE4-style gameplay. I think it would serve the concept a lot better than the original "Resident Evil 1 with dinosaurs" idea.

That is a fantastic idea. I'd buy that day 1