Disappointment

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

Edited By mrhankey

There is something i've learned in my years of gaming, I will always buy games that I will never finish, because in the end it gets old or it's not fun. Just to list a few: 

Far Cry 2
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway
Any Need for Speed Series
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II (tear)

So how many of you have games that you've yet to beat because it got old or just wasn't fun. To be honest most of these games started out strong then i just got tired of the constant frustration.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mrhankey

There is something i've learned in my years of gaming, I will always buy games that I will never finish, because in the end it gets old or it's not fun. Just to list a few: 

Far Cry 2
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway
Any Need for Speed Series
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II (tear)

So how many of you have games that you've yet to beat because it got old or just wasn't fun. To be honest most of these games started out strong then i just got tired of the constant frustration.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

Far Cry 2 took a while to get me interested, but I really enjoyed the later half of the game.  I also love the Brothers in Arms series, my only problem with Hell's Highway was that there was not much in the package.  I thought the single player was great, but the online was a complete afterthought.

shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By shaun832

Final Fantasy X (Up to the final series of bosses)

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Seconded on Final Fantasy X, I hated that game. I hardly got into Twilight Princess either. I got just passed the part where you first turn into a wolf or whatever and then I got distracted and haven't played it since.

I might try replaying Twilight Princess at some point, though. I heard it wasn't bad. I dunno.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By xyzygy

I usually love all the games I play, so I've actually never owned a game I have never beaten. Currently I have some games I have yet to start, but that's just because they're in a line-up. 

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By JoeyIA

Both GTA3 and GTA4 because the missions got really boring.  Also, Majora's Mask b/c I just plain hated that game.
Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Teirdome

Hmm... Near-completed shame pile.  I think my worst offenders are the following:

• Red Alert 3 - I failed a secondary objective on the last campaign and couldn't muster the desire to go back in.
  • Fallout 3 - Got overwhelmed and just couldn't go back to it.  Planning on trying again when I upgrade my PC eventually.
  • Gears 2 - Friend and I are on the last boss, got our butts kicked a few times and then ran out of time.  We haven't been back in a few months and may not go back to it.  The game is so good though.

If you want someone to play Dawn of War 2 with, let me know.  I've always wanted to try coop on it.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ArchScabby

I agree except for Hell's Highway.  I thought that game was great.  It was a first person shooter that wasn't all about running and gunning.  If you did that you would die pretty quick.  You had to think carefully where to go, and where to position your squadmates so that you could flank the enemy and kill them.  You couldn't just run at them head on like in 90% of shooters.  It could get kinda tedious after a while though, so I can see how you never finished it, but you should go back and give it another chance.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By jkz

I've only finished half of the games I own for the 360. Before this generation, I was far more stingy.

Just finished BiA: HH. I've loved the whole series and I just wish that they'd develop the game-play a bit further, it fell a bit flat toward the end. Still, set a great war-time atmosphere, better than almost any other game, barring the first in the series, Road to Hill 30.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By beargirl1
  • GTA IV: i just got bored of the story mode and the repetitive missions,but not the game itself. the game itself was fun as hell.
  • Fallout 3: after playing the first part.. i just kind of stopped. i had no desire to play it as i didn't really find it that much fun. 
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By artofwar420

Aye to Farcry 2, it just seemed to be so much more than what I actually played. And Rainbow Six Vegas.
CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By CowMuffins
@artofwar420 said:
" Aye to Farcry 2, it just seemed to be so much more than what I actually played. And Rainbow Six Vegas. "
I beat Rainbow Six Vegas. And I don't remember what that story was about at all. The multiplayer was good though, I had a lot of fun with that. The second on was much worse than the first though. I hate it when developers do that.

Anyways, uh I havn't finished alot of games. Most console games was because I just didn't want to take the time to beat them. I havn't beaten and game I've ever bought on Wii ( Twilight Princess, Galaxy, RE4, etc). Most single player games now-a-days are too much of the same thing and the stories are lack luster. Everyone needs to take some tips from Naughty Dog and Uncharted 2. The story in that game was great, characters were awesome, gameplay and locations changed very frequently and it has a lot of collectables for replayability along with a solid multiplayer aspect.
mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrhankey

Quick update. I finallt finished Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway 
--------- 
So now i'm only left with a few games i haven't beat.
DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By DCFGS3

Resistance 2, I know I might be going against the grain here but that game is one of the worst I've played.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic

too many games im afriad... i share the first three with you :)

Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Psyx2

Probably F.E.A.R.

Slowing down time was awesome, especially with all the great blood effects when you shoot people. That part of the game I loved. But the environments were bland, and I just found most of what I played to be kind of boring. And I'm not a horror fan, so that doesn't help much either.
 The multiplayer was kind of fun. I liked how people exploded into a big cloud of blood when a grenade bumped into them... But it had the same bland environments and the weapons weren't too great either.

Oh, and Contract J.A.C.K... You know, that "prequel" to No One Lives Forever 2. I like to pretend it doesn't exist. Because it doesn't.

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Slippy

In the same boat as others with Far Cry 2. Too damn repetitive, some awful design decisions, and it's just not fun travelling across the map all the time.