Disappointment of the Year?

• 166 results
viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Poll Disappointment of the Year? (877 votes)

Thief 4%
Assassin's Creed Unity 8%
Destiny 50%
DriveClub 2%
Watch Dogs 18%
NHL 15 1%
The Crew 1%
Master Chief Collection 4%
Elder Scrolls Online 2%
The Sims 4 1%
Titanfall 2%
Other (Please Add Comment) 8%

Every year has a number of disappointments. This year was no exception. I'm curious which would be the top, so I made a poll.

• 
bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

the Stick of Truth holds this position with me, but I do not fault the game. I paid full price for it when I should not have, and found that I was a bit divorced from the humor and the gameplay itself. Mind you, this could change with another running start at the game. That is after all what happened with Fallout 3. Fallout 3 went from a meh game to, second time around, I could not put down the input devices. I know I sometimes need to try things several times, that I may be in a different space than before.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I just don't understand the disappointment in the MCC. It's everything I assumed it would be. Freedom to jump around in missions, great update to the visuals of Halo 2 and adding 60FPS to Halo 3, mixed playlists. The only disappointing thing is the issue with the matchmaking, but if we are holding that against it strong enough to put it into a disappointment of the year category, there are WAY worse offenders. I think the Watch Dogs graphical down grade, as well as its completely busted PC port, is a bigger deal. Or AC: Unity falling apart for half the people that played it, and when it did play well, there were microtransactions galore, even after buying it for a full $60. And then there's DriveClub, which was so broken they couldn't provide a good experience for the people who bought it nor the people who were promised a PS Plus trial (as well as having to patch in weather effects post-launch).

That's my argument supporting MCC as a non-disappointment. However, after playing lots of Destiny and then deciding that I wanted those hours of my life back as well as my $60, I have to say it was Destiny.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Huh. I haven't played any of the games listed.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Destiny for sure... What a boring overhyped mess of a game... Even though Watch_Dogs is in there, I thought some parts of it were fun. The "hacking" and shooting parts felt done right. Just wish the characters and story weren't so dull. Everything else I haven't played or were pretty much what I expected.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't believe that is all of the content Destiny had

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By nasp

i cant believe all the dark souls 2 and dragon age picks.in my mind there not only the best games in there series,but in my top 3 games of all time.destiny is the obvious winner by a massive landslide.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm probably the only one that voted NHL 15. It's basically the Destiny of most disappointing sports games.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#158  Edited By HH

these numbers suggest that a lot of you might be disappointed Destiny wasn't deemed more disappointing.

awww :(

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Against all odds, Lightning Returns managed to disappoint me after my expectations had hit rock bottom following FFXIII 1 and 2. My expectations for XV have dropped to whatever is below rock bottom. It will literally have to be the bastard love child of Superman 64 and a CDI Zelda to disappoint me this time around. Good job Squeenix!

Trust them to find a way.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I just don't understand the disappointment in the MCC. It's everything I assumed it would be. Freedom to jump around in missions, great update to the visuals of Halo 2 and adding 60FPS to Halo 3, mixed playlists. The only disappointing thing is the issue with the matchmaking, but if we are holding that against it strong enough to put it into a disappointment of the year category, there are WAY worse offenders. I think the Watch Dogs graphical down grade, as well as its completely busted PC port, is a bigger deal. Or AC: Unity falling apart for half the people that played it, and when it did play well, there were microtransactions galore, even after buying it for a full $60. And then there's DriveClub, which was so broken they couldn't provide a good experience for the people who bought it nor the people who were promised a PS Plus trial (as well as having to patch in weather effects post-launch).

That's my argument supporting MCC as a non-disappointment. However, after playing lots of Destiny and then deciding that I wanted those hours of my life back as well as my $60, I have to say it was Destiny.

Was it completely busted? I've only played about half of it so far and I've not seen a single technical issue. Maybe they put out a patch in the last 3 months or so that completely ruined it? I've not played it since it came out.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

The most disappointing thing about Destiny is some people still think it's an MMO.

6 players in Battlefield 2 sized maps (that's being generous) does not an MMO make.

Edit: The Order is a lock to win this poll for 2015!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Edit: The Order is a lock to win this poll for 2015!

I have no expectations for The Order other than it for to be competent and look really pretty.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta go with Unity, after Black Flag I could never have imagined how much of a train wreck Unity would become.

MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#164  Edited By MaxOpower

This whole year was a disappointment. Disappointment of the year should have been "2014"

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

For me, it was far and away Destiny. Ac Unity was buggy, but still what I'd expect of an Ac game. There was enough notice on Watch Dogs that it probably wouldn't be that great. Titanfall was actually really fun, as far as I'm concerned. I had a good time with The Evil Within for 2/3 of the game, so compared to other titles it doesn't quite reach the most disappointing header. Other than that I can't really think of much that bummed me out that I actually played. I know 2014 will go down as a let down, but I actually had fun with games this year.

EmoHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slayers_bernie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I caved and bought the ps3 release of DA:I since I want to hold off on purchasing a PS4 for a while. It looks worse than some PS2 games, crashes constantly and has the most uninspired "CRPG" style gameplay I've yet to encounter. The combat and progression in this game reminds me of playing a starting zone in WoW except it never ends. The setpieces were atrocious as well. Hugely disappointing.

NJP88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By NJP88

This^

I'm astonished it even made it into this discussion, never mind making it onto the shortlist of three. To cut AC:Unity over MCC is madness.

zerdune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Thief. I actually liked the gameplay but the world, story and characters were significant downgrade from the previous Thief games.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I voted Destiny even though I never played it. I expected that game to force me into getting a next gen console, but the lackluster reception has me holding off on buying one. There is a chance that I would actually like the game, but since none of my friends bought it (due to also hearing about the game's middling reception), I don't see a reason into getting what looks to be a heavily multiplayer focused game.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By mbradley1992

@amafi: Are you asking about Watch Dogs? I am unsure. When it released, it was mixed. It seemed that most people had some sort of trouble with getting it to run smoothly, even with great tweaking, with a minority of those people having major issues. As to how it is doing currently, I do not know.