Disgaea and other NIS games on PC - Fan Rally

patryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By patryk

Hey, recently somebody has created a wish on the NIS site about more PC releases.

http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=1140

So, I though why not rally fans of Disgaea, or tactical rpg and rpgs in general to support that. There was an interview and NIS president said: "For PC, we are going to release several titles for Steam. I can’t say for sure, but in the future there may be a chance [to see other] Nippon Ichi titles on Steam."

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/23/nis-americas-president-discusses-xbox-360-development-and-pc-push/

We know that they would want to release their games on PC too, which is great, and the interview is pretty old, so it would be about time to see some of these releases. So, if anyone wants to support NIS PC releases, please go into the wish page and vote for and leave a comment saying why'd you like it to have more PC releases and let them know on social media too, so they know that many PC gamers would want games like Disgaea on PC.

http://nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=h

In the right upper corner there are links to social media.

My rough description of the series for newcomers to the series:

I call Disgaea games a perfect "desert island games", because you can reach 9999 level, and start from level 1 at any moment with higher base stats, develop skills as you use them, collect lots of random loot, go to randomly generated "Item World" and in that world level up your items, I mean literally you can level up and make a small hp recovery item totally badass lol, and lots of other great features. These games are just packed with content and story and characters are great, because of that replayability is sooo high you can play these games for a long, long time.

Here's nice overview of all the amazing features on the official site: http://www.atlus.com/dis/gameplay.html

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Random screenshoots for the lazy to show off how the game looks like. Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness in this example, the first entry in the series.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

I love Disgaea and would really like them to come to PC but I'm not gonna register an account to vote for a petition that won't do anything.

patryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Like it says in my post, NIS said themselves that they'd want to release more games on PC, this petition is just to show them our support and show that many PC gamers would love to see their games on PC. You can also comment there, and tell them why it would be profitable for them as a company. For example I mentioned market share and market size of PC, how many PC gamers loves tactics, and rpgs etc. No need to be negative.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Damn. I have put world of warcraft hours into Disgaea 2 on PSP. I will do anything for Disgaea 5 to be released on PC.

patryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monetarydread: Personally I would love to have all Disgaea games on PC, and yeah welcome to the club of hundreds of hours spend just on one Disgaea game haha. I can't imagine how much more content next Disgaea games have.

Also, Many people already voted and presented great arguments why releasing Disgaea and other NIS games on pc could only be beneficial to them as a company, so thanks to everyone who voted and commented so far.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Not to be a downer, but keep dreaming. This petition won't do anything and the likelihood of games from NIS coming to PC seems highly unlikely. They don't even make it to Xbox systems, PC seems like a major stretch. That link you shared is three years old, and no NIS game has made it to PC since the game that served as the subject of that article.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I suppose I don't mind supporting this. Though it doesn't really give my anything other than that fuzzy feeling inside. I'm pretty happy with collecting all of these games digitally on my Vita. They are better handheld games in any case. Buying it again on PC where I'm not likely to ever play is probably not worth it.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By patryk

@ll_exile_ll: We haven't heard anything about PC releases since then, because PC gamers haven't done anything to voice their support for NIS games on PC. That's why we need to let them now that there are many dedicated fans of Disgaea already on PC, and many that would glady jump into the series if they were to come to Steam. For example I've posted a link on NISA facebook of Disgaea discussion on Steam, and they've liked my post, if anything that's already a good sign.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/237890/discussions/0/864979008694517580/

I don't know what about you, but if I was a developer, or publisher, I would like to know that people on certain platform would want to play my games.