• 96 results
#1 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

#2 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

Pretty self-explanatory. Which one are you interested in and/or buying?

#3 Posted by davo (141 posts) -

What are you asking? Which game do we prefer, or which game should you buy?

#4 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

After watching both QLs, X-COM for sure. Dishonored looks awesome but I really want something other than a first person game. Plus X-COM just looks sweet.

#5 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

@davo: The former. I'm already buying both. :D

#6 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4495 posts) -

Dishonored now and X-COM later when it's cheaper. I just want to see how awesome Dishonored will look and play on my PC and that green man gaming deal made it easier to buy.

#7 Posted by davo (141 posts) -

Then I'll vote for XCOM, purely for the fact I've already bought it, and I haven't played a good turn-based strategy game in a long time. I've played too many first-person shooters lately, as it happens.

#8 Edited by JacDG (2130 posts) -

Getting both at some point, I'll probably end up buy Xcom first even though I've been looking forward to Dishonered since E3, and Xcom has just popped onto my radar a few days ago.

#9 Posted by believer258 (12202 posts) -

Both, but not now. I'm not spending $60 on a game for a little while, no matter how much I want it, 'cause priorities. Car insurance.

#10 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6158 posts) -

Don't click this!? It calls to me... These games are so different that there's no reason for them to be in direct competition with one another aside from the release date.

#11 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

Dishonored will do for now, XCOM seems like a game I'll sink a lot more time into and at the moment I don't have time for that kind of ecstasy.

#12 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Neither, none of those games interest me, instead I shall be playing Borderlands 2 and very shortly picking up a copy of Pokemon White.

#13 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3997 posts) -

XCOM is already on the way but I really want Dishonored too. Two games that are very much worth supporting to me. Turn based strategy and Deus-Ex style games are perhaps my two favorite genres.

#14 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

I've bought XCOM. I'll pick up Dishonored during a Christmas or Black Friday sale.

#15 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (687 posts) -

i havnt followed Dishonored at all but i was turned off at how every game site seemed to be jizzing thier pants to play this game. it's been my expierence that whenever sites do this the game isnt usually good. im not saying the game is awful and im sure ill play it one day.this is just my opinion.

#16 Posted by Labman (288 posts) -

XCOM because I've already pre-ordered it.

#17 Posted by Coafi (1494 posts) -

Neither, I am getting the Walking Dead Ep. 4. It's way cheaper and something I know I'll enjoy more. But, both games look fantastic, just not my type of games.

#18 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3997 posts) -

@DoctorDanger99 said:

i havnt followed Dishonored at all but i was turned off at how every game site seemed to be jizzing thier pants to play this game. it's been my expierence that whenever sites do this the game isnt usually good. im not saying the game is awful and im sure ill play it one day.this is just my opinion.

Every time people like a game you don't like it? Huh.

#19 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1254 posts) -

XCom now. Got it for $35 off on amazon from gift cards. PLus I have pokemon black 2 and will probably get walking dead episode 4 this week. Great week for games!

#20 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I've bought both already, so that's a pretty easy choice. 
Getting XCOM out of the way first though

#21 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Both though might be a week or two to get them, both look great & loved the original Xcom as well as the new Deus Ex game so both will be a treat to play.

#22 Posted by 49th (2848 posts) -

Dishonoured, although I will probably wait for price to go down. Not a big strategy game fan.

#23 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Dishonored or Xcom?

Yes!

#24 Posted by Giefcookie (611 posts) -

Almost bought Dishonored but decided to postpone it and save my cash for Chivalry and AC3 later in the month.

#25 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

I got both for a total of 80 bucks. I win??

#26 Posted by Aleryn (705 posts) -

Going with X-Com here. Dishonored looks great though. Will get it eventually.

#27 Posted by Phatmac (5728 posts) -

I'm not really a fan of these kinds of questions as they are difficult games to compare. These usually only work when trying to compare games in the same genre like Halo and Call of Duty. Both of these games couldn't be more different from each other so I don't really know how to respond to this question. From my personal tastes I'll be likely to buy XCOM over Dishonored. That said, I'll probably get both at some point.

#28 Posted by CaLe (4054 posts) -

I already bought both but I'll be playing XCOM first.

#29 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Shouldve been a both option, because I'd click that

#30 Posted by gamefreak9 (2419 posts) -

I think I prefer dishonored. TBH the turn based thing doesn't seem interesting enough, if something is turn based I expect like bottomless pit type depth but it doesn't seem to have that.

#31 Posted by Maajin (1089 posts) -

XCOM is getting better reviews, but Dishonored seems like the kind of game I would enjoy the most.

#32 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

XCOM seemed like it'd be more bang for my buck, so that's what i chose. Dishonored seems like a game i'd pick up on the next Steam Summer Sale when there's not as many good games coming out.

#33 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Have both pre-ordered but I want to play X-Com more then any game in many many years so I won't be getting into Dishnoured any time soon. Which is a dam shame as if it wasn't for X-Com I think Dishonoured would have been the game I wast most excited for. Just in the shadow of X-Com it can not compete with my time.

#34 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

I got both for a total of 80 bucks. I win??

I got both for $60. That mean I'm winnerer?

#35 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Both.

Admittedly I'm more excited for Dishonored. And I wasn't much of a fan of RTS games until I watched videos for X-COM. It got me interested, and I'll definitely be purchasing it soon. But stealth games are where my bread is buttered.

#36 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Dishonored because the Xcom PC version is half-assed. At least, from what I've seen with the demo. And i'm not playing Xcom on my xbox. SImply because my PC setup is much more comfy.

#37 Posted by Dezztroy (864 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

Both.

Admittedly I'm more excited for Dishonored. And I wasn't much of a fan of RTS games until I watched videos for X-COM. It got me interested, and I'll definitely be purchasing it soon. But stealth games are where my bread is buttered.

But.. XCOM isn't an RTS.

#38 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@Dezztroy said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

Both.

But.. XCOM isn't an RTS.

Whatever. It's a strategy game. It's kind of a semantic argument. I've definitely heard it being called an RTS game, although I'm fully aware it's really more of a turn-based game. But they're part of the same mold to me, so I tend to just call them all RTS games. Whether you agree with that or not, it doesn't really have much to do with my original comment.

#39 Posted by FloMo (28 posts) -

Unfortunately I can not cast my vote, ther is no option for "BOTH" ;). But if I had to decide, I probably would go with Dishonored because of the greater emphasis on story.

#40 Posted by ToxicFruit (1719 posts) -

Xcom now and dishonored next month

#41 Posted by Genkkaku (738 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

Dishonored or Xcom?

Yes!

#42 Posted by Cubidog1 (246 posts) -

Dishonored first because it looks like there are a bunch of ways to play it. Also, I just don't have enough time to play XCOM. I will probably get it during a Steam sale.

#43 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (1180 posts) -

Dishonoured, XCOM really doesn't look like a game I will enjoy 

#44 Posted by HH (627 posts) -

x-com,

dishonoured does look pretty good from the ql, i like the look of the world a lot, but as far as features goes, x-com's squad customization, base-building, high difficulty, permadeath, - as well as the chin-stroking ponderous nature of turn-based combat - are a combination of things I've been looking for in a game for a while now.

#45 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

I'm getting XCOM now, Dishonored for damn sure later.

#46 Posted by Butano (1790 posts) -

Dishonored first. If from what I've seen from the QL for XCOM and its similarities to Civ V, the whole "one more turn" would get to me and I would do terrible in school this semester. I'll pick it up during the Christmas sale on Steam or unless some store has it for a crazy discount.

#47 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

Too many people clicked on the third option. Too many...

#48 Posted by Happenstance (468 posts) -

XCOM for me. Im not a big fan of stealth games so Dishonored was already a bit iffy for me but I dont like the blink mechanic it uses and I think the textures look pretty bland.

#49 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12123 posts) -

XCOM now, Dishonored when it's on sale.

#50 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Buying both, but XCOM is the one for me