#1 Edited by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
#2 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

Umm...OK?

#3 Posted by BirthWild (256 posts) -

oh fu-

#4 Edited by Draxyle (1780 posts) -

Well the whole franchise can't possibly get any worse anyhow.. can it?

#5 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
@Draxyle said:

Have you seen Pirates 4?
#6 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5185 posts) -

Mo Money Mo Problems

#7 Posted by Fobwashed (1888 posts) -

My Star Wars self has to think anything they do to take the reins away from Geroge Lucas is a good move. Also, bring on another Trilogy of Star Wars. I can't imagine they can do worse than they did with the prequels and even if they did, I don't care anymore =D

#8 Posted by Krataur (337 posts) -

...Well then.

#9 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -

@Draxyle said:

C'mon, I hate the prequels, too. But this is just nerd hyperbole. Of course they can. They can get much worse.

#10 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19306 posts) -

I look forward to the fanbase's ensuing rage and chaos.

#11 Posted by Scrawnto (2433 posts) -

I just want to know if they are going to bulldoze decades of expanded universe fiction that chronicles the events after the movies.

#12 Edited by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

George Lucas said he wasn't going to make any more Star Wars movies so we know he won't be directing it at least, maybe a producer though.

Edit: Oh that's kind of stated in the article.

#13 Posted by TheHumanDove (2505 posts) -

I for one welcome our new insect overlords

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13131 posts) -

...is Harrison Ford gonna be in it?

#15 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5185 posts) -

Why doesn't Disney own CBS and Fox yet (NBC being a smoldering pile of shit on the side)?

#16 Posted by Gonmog (580 posts) -

This is good news. Not like it was doing very well in the hands it was in. This is no way changes what the first 3 movies meant to everyone.

#17 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

I wish I could get 4 billion....

#18 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

I'm holding out hope for a good storyline... from what I recall reading a while ago, the storyline Lucas had in mind for the next 3 sounded pretty neat, hopefully Disney will use it as a blueprint.

#19 Posted by Devil240Z (3251 posts) -

Does Starwars even have any fans anymore? They seem like kids movies. I haven't seen the land before time since i was 7, Starwars seems like kind of the same deal.

#20 Posted by Scrawnto (2433 posts) -

Oh shit, I just realized that that means ILM and Pixar are in the same organization again. I wonder if there will be any interaction between those groups, sharing tech and such.

#21 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4906 posts) -

Reboot the whole franchise, The Star Wars.

#22 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5185 posts) -

@Devil240Z: The kids are the fans, much like Pirates and almost every other Disney franchise.

#23 Edited by Sackmanjones (4650 posts) -

I understand that I'm one of the few people who thinks the prequels are decent films, I even actively enjoy the third one (of course none of them touch the original 3) but this is a bad idea. They would need to create an entirely new antagonist and new protagonist and jsut all the -anists. Remaking the original 3 sounds like a better idea than this

#24 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

Does Starwars even have any fans anymore? They seem like kids movies. I haven't seen the land before time since i was 7, Starwars seems like kind of the same deal.

They have millions of fans. Kids and adults.
#25 Posted by Devil240Z (3251 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave said:

@Devil240Z: The kids are the fans, much like Pirates and almost every other Disney franchise.

thats what I'm saying. But to go on further, kids are stupid.

#26 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

The funniest thing I've read in weeks. 

I doubt Episode 7 will be any good, unless they somehow didn't have Lucas himself poking around in there, but that ain't happening.

#27 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Imagine a Star Wars film made by Pixar.

Fuuuuuuuuu.

#28 Posted by Devil240Z (3251 posts) -

@Metal_Mills said:

@Devil240Z said:

They have millions of fans. Kids and adults.

........really.... I HAD NO IDEA!

#29 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
The funniest thing I've read in weeks.  I doubt Episode 7 will be any good, unless they somehow didn't have Lucas himself poking around in there, but that ain't happening.
He's only a consultant.
#30 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

LET THE PORKINS SAGA BEGIN!!

#31 Posted by Mystyr_E (1187 posts) -

guess it'll depend on who they have directing it.

my proposal: Joss Whedon :|

#32 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1831 posts) -

As long as it has things talking that shouldn't normally talk, I'll be happy. Doesn't matter if it's cars, action figures or Hayden Christensen.

#33 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2130 posts) -

Disney has a WAY better track record these last twenty years than George Lucas has. I'll take them anyday.

#34 Posted by Fobwashed (1888 posts) -

This makes me real sad that the Kingdom Hearts games have such a ridiculously complicated and shitty story. At least for anyone coming into the series. I bought and played half way through Dream Drop Distance before throwing up my hands in confusion and selling the game back to Gamestop.

#35 Posted by MythDarK (533 posts) -
#36 Posted by Wraith1 (555 posts) -

but what about the books that take place after the trilogy ended? what will happen to them?

#37 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
@Dallas_Raines said:

Disney has a WAY better track record these last twenty years than George Lucas has. I'll take them anyday.

Pirates. John Carter. Tron, yeah...not really.
#38 Posted by YI_Orange (1124 posts) -

They should just essentially start from scratch. I love the original 3, but fuck any continuation. KoTOR is awesome, so it's not like it's impossible to make something good.

#39 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5185 posts) -

@Devil240Z: Stupid and profitable

@Mystyr_E: ENSEMBLE CAST! Johnny Depp as Han Solo, Orlando Bloom as Luke Skywalker, Geoffry Rush as Pizza the Hutt!

#40 Posted by Sackmanjones (4650 posts) -
@AlexanderSheen said:

Reboot the whole franchise, The Star Wars.

Lets do this, and have that one movie cover all 6 films.
#41 Edited by Benny (1947 posts) -

I have ZERO expectations for this, and yet I'm desperate to see what they're planning to do with it. I have to know.

Oh also, anyone wondering why they're paying so much, toys.

#42 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

@Azteris said:

@Draxyle said:

C'mon, I hate the prequels, too. But this is just nerd hyperbole. Of course they can. They can get much worse.

Don't you think Lucas was kind of the problem though? He hasn't really done much good work as the director of any of those movies (or as the director of any movie since then.)

#43 Posted by jsnyder82 (725 posts) -

I wonder if that means we can finally get the original trilogy on Blu Ray.

#44 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

There better be Star Wars and marvel characters in te next kingdom hearts game

#45 Posted by President_Barackbar (3418 posts) -

This could actually be really good if it means we finally get a Kyle Katarn movie. Im all for it!

#46 Posted by Funkydupe (3305 posts) -

My mind says Legos, Selena Gomez, Jar-Jar Jr. and LL Cool J.

My heart says: I'll watch this movie regardless.

#47 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Sounds like potential great news.

The movies are kid friendly anyway and Lucas was doing his best to straight up murder the brand.

Now just get a good director and make Heir to the Empire as a movie! (it totally won't happen).

#48 Posted by TooWalrus (13131 posts) -

After episode 6 it's gotta be all Ewok's, all the time, right? 

#49 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2130 posts) -

@Metal_Mills said:

@Dallas_Raines said:

Pirates. John Carter. Tron, yeah...not really.

Pirates 1 and Tron Legacy are both considerably more entertaining than the prequels. Hell, I'd say John Carter is easily better than Episode 1 and 2.

#50 Posted by Silvergun (297 posts) -

@Artemesia said:

As long as it has things talking that shouldn't normally talk, I'll be happy. Doesn't matter if it's cars, action figures or Hayden Christensen.

Hey the talking dog in Up was great! Other than that, agreed on all counts.