#1 Edited by Seb (365 posts) -

"After evaluating our position in the games market, we've decided to shift LucasArts from an internal development to a licensing model, minimizing the company's risk while achieving a broader portfolio of quality Star Wars games. As a result of this change, we've had layoffs across the organization. We are incredibly appreciative and proud of the talented teams who have been developing our new titles."

Star Wars 1313 and Star Wars First Assault cancelled, outsourcing all LucasArts properties from now on.

Let's remember them for Monkey Island and not Kinect Star Wars OK? Super Bombad Racing was pretty great aswell.

Via Game Informer

#2 Edited by LikeaSsur (1586 posts) -

It's all the Kinect's fault.

#3 Posted by psylah (2185 posts) -

Trek wins again.

#4 Posted by isomeri (1410 posts) -

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

#6 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

Welp, so much for ever seeing a Battlefront III redo.

#7 Posted by Milkman (17311 posts) -

The Secret of Monkey Island is still the best adventure game of all-time.

RIP

#8 Edited by Lumley (964 posts) -

Star Wars 1313 cancelled and loads of people laid off!?! This is horrible news.

#9 Edited by isomeri (1410 posts) -

Welp, so much for ever seeing a Battlefront III redo.

Yeah. Apparently all current projects have been cancelled, including First Assault and 1313. Too bad since both of them looked totally rad. It's going to be really interesting to see what kind of Star Wars games we're going to see in the future. I don't have high hopes.

#10 Edited by RioStarwind (577 posts) -

They haven't made a really good game in a while so no loss on that front. Although I'm surprised they decided it wasn't worth at least trying to make another great Star Wars game in house.

#11 Edited by Akyho (1698 posts) -

While hearing from Jeff and such about how stupid the behind the scenes of Lucasarts has been for the last 10 years. I am actually sad that Starwars1313 and anyother projects are more than likely strongly gone.

Actualy this is buisness as usal for Lucasarts. As Jeff has said that every few years the studio heads would change and the new guys would stop the current projects and start a new one...then they leave new guys do the same and start their own projects. So on untill Disney just do the same.....

#12 Edited by Toxin066 (3326 posts) -

No Battlefront 3, no Jedi Knight 3, no Star Wars 1313

FUCK EVERYTHING EVER, I QUIT.

#13 Posted by Marcsman (3286 posts) -

Yep Disney gave Order 66. Strong they are with the darkside

#14 Edited by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Man, these guys were the best of the best at their prime. They've made some of my favorite games ever. Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Indiana Jones. RIP. :(

#15 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I think we've reached the point where I can't imagine a video game industry wherein studios aren't constantly being shuttered.

#16 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1168 posts) -

Put out of its misery, more like.

#17 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

If Star Wars can't keep a studio open what hope does anyone have.

#18 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

Dude what!? Star Wars 1313 looked so cool that's some bullshit.

#19 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

Hopefully this means they'll let Gilbert or Schafer work on the Monkey Island license, and someone talented make a new X-Wing/Tie Fighter. Honestly, depending on how they do the licensing... I think this might be a good thing (aside from all the lost jobs...).

#20 Edited by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Thanks, Obama.

#21 Edited by casper_ (910 posts) -

i mean....i havent liked a lucas arts game since probably 1999 but this is still a kind of a bummer. hopefully some of their old licenses/ip's can be bought up although i doubt that.

#23 Posted by Slag (4856 posts) -

This is the most depressing closing yet.

#24 Edited by DorkPheasant (13 posts) -

i was really looking forward to Star War 1313 this is horrible news :(

#25 Posted by bitchypixels (67 posts) -

This is sad news. That being said, a friend of mine got laid off by LucasArts only to be picked up by Teltale, so I'm hoping the talent of the teams behind these games isn't wasted. My thoughts go out to those now unemployed.