Distributed Failure Antisemitism

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I just listened to the recently released edition of the distributed failure podcast which you can listen to at this url
http://www.cyberears.com/cybrss/6977.mp3 
and I was shocked by what I heard one of the hosts say. Around a third of the way through the podcast they were discussing gears of war 2 and one guy said these words "yeah, I was wanting to get all the maps but microsoft has gotta be a jewish on me." are you serious!!!!!!? Please tell me I heard wrong because if that's what he said I think he should appologize to the community for this.

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lifestrike

You know Visari is space Hitler?

Right?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64
@Lifestrike: My friends and I always say stuff is "Jewish".  A lot of people do it, not just them.  I see that you are not a fan of that and that's cool.
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@JJOR64 said:
" @Lifestrike: My friends and I always say stuff is "Jewish".  A lot of people do it, not just them.  I see that you are not a fan of that and that's cool. "
Yeah you're right I'm not a fan of it but maybe that's cause I'm Jewish right?! Such a Jewish thing to complain like this.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJOR64
@VisariLoyalist: Well, probably more people say "God Damnit" or "Jesus Christ" more then "that's Jewish".
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@JJOR64 said:
" @VisariLoyalist: Well, probably more people say "God Damnit" or "Jesus Christ" more then "that's Jewish". "
that is so not relevant to this discussion christians say god damnit and jesus christ I gaurantee you any self respecting jew would not go around saying "that's so jewish" whenever someone tried to rip someone off.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Dalai

You know who I blame for their anti-Semitic remarks?  The Jews.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@Dalai said:
" You know who I blame for their anti-Semitic remarks?  The Jews. "
I blame you, you're the problem
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dalai
@VisariLoyalist said:
" @Dalai said:
" You know who I blame for their anti-Semitic remarks?  The Jews. "
I blame you, you're the problem "
But...I'm not Jewish.  It can't be my fault.
DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DerekDanahy
@VisariLoyalist: This happens all the time.  People use the word "retarded".  If you're offended tell the podcasters, but I wouldn't expect a response back.
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VisariLoyalist

the thing I'm most worried about is how much these sort of stinger words get used in our modern lexicon, you might think it's just a phrase but it's rooted in deep hatred the likes of which kills people so It should not be used in this way that is the point I'm trying to get accross

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By dethfish

How do you think Brad feels everytime someone says "Pull a Brad"

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@Cube said:
" How about instead, you grow a pair? "
what are you some kinda macho kkk member?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Jayge_

Whenever I hear someone using "Jewish" as a derogatory term I usually make fun of them for being poor. It's fun. You should try it.

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Using "jew" as a pejorative merely stems from ignorance of the Jews as a people. No, not just the "chosen people" dogma, but their history. Because of this, which has been ingrained for centuries, Western culture generally sees it more acceptable to demean Jews than Blacks, Asians and other races/creeds.

Though as a Jew, I'm not offended by it. I hear it a lot, so it's not worth getting angry over. It is, however, somewhat disheartening to listen to the garbage that people accept as fact about the Jews (not from this podcast, but from people in real life and other various sources).

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Akeldama
@Lifestrike said:
" You know Visari is space Hitler?  Right? "
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@JacobForrest said:
" Using "jew" as a pejorative merely stems from ignorance of the Jews as a people. No, not just the "chosen people" dogma, but their history. Because of this, Western culture generally sees it more acceptable to demean Jews than Blacks, Asians and other races/creeds.  Though as a Jew, I'm not offended by it. I hear it a lot, so it's not worth getting angry over. It is, however, somewhat disheartening to listen to the garbage that people accept as fact about the Jews (not from this podcast, but from people in real life and other various sources). "
I'm jewish too and I just don't like how we are willing to accept that sort of thing in this age.
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@Lifestrike said:
" You know Visari is space Hitler?  Right? "
you know he's a fictional character right? Dumbasss
adsapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By adsapien
@JacobForrest:  You probably shouldn't say "Jew" so much...
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ryanwho

I sent an email to Hollywood. They're on the case.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cloneslayer

what surprises me is how it surprises you. Did you really think that somehow people are better in this day and age than they were before. Hell no.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23  Edited By Cube
@VisariLoyalist said:
" @Cube said:
" @VisariLoyalist said:
" @Cube said:
what are you some kinda macho kkk member? "
This is literally the stupidest thing anyone on these forums has said to me.  Congratulations, you fucking idiot. "
no no no see it's very simple you said "grow a pair" which mean you're a macho and I think you can infer why I called you a kkk member "  
I don't give a shit what religion you believe in.  I'm not macho, just a realist. People are going to say seemingly insulting things. This isn't the first time you've heard it and it's not the last. Get over it, hence "grow a pair". 

Nothing to do with the KKK, you ass.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cube
@Jayge said:
" @VisariLoyalist said:
" @Cube said:
" @VisariLoyalist said:
" @Cube said:
This is literally the stupidest thing anyone on these forums has said to me.  Congratulations, you fucking idiot. "
no no no see it's very simple you said "grow a pair" which mean you're a macho and I think you can infer why I called you a kkk member "
Cube is one of the more stupid trolls on the forum.  He has an awesome GTO avatar though, props. "
I'm not a troll, JAYGE. 

:'(
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AdSapien: What?
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@Cube said:
" @VisariLoyalist said:
" @Cube said:
" @VisariLoyalist said:
" @Cube said:
I don't give a shit what religion you believe in.  I'm not macho, just a realist. People are going to say seemingly insulting things. This isn't the first time you've heard it and it's not the last. Get over it, hence "grow a pair".   Nothing to do with the KKK, you ass. "
"seemingly insulting" that's an interesting pair of words, I think its more like obscenely insulting
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cube

Well, you can always get over it.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ryanwho

Now you're being hyperbolic. I know this world is doing better because small middling things like this get such fanfare. Imagine this happening 40 years ago. You'd have bigger things on your plate. So we're doing better.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@Cube said:
" Well, you can always get over it. "
 That's your response to dangerous ignorance, get over it, okay.
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@ryanwho: I'm sorry that second sentence didn't make much sense to me.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cube
@VisariLoyalist said:
" @Cube said:
" Well, you can always get over it. "
 That's your response to dangerous ignorance, get over it, okay. "
Dangerous? 

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

You can complain about it all you like but don't go starting a war over it, that would be playing right into Mel Gibson's hands.
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@Cube: your lol cat does not persuade me
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By VisariLoyalist

allright guys I'm goin to bed just a failed attempt to get a general concensus about the immorality of saying "microsoft had to go be a jewish on me". Instead we had defensive cross accusation and childish teasing.

deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VisariLoyalist: Like I said, it's so ingrained in our culture that it's simply become baggage from worse times. It's not dangerous ignorance -- far from it. At most it's worth despairing, but to get riled up over a statement that was, in intention, harmless, does nothing. 
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

With all these goyishe kops around it's no wonder.  

Steven for example has a wicked goyishe kop, but he's still a good guy.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By asurastrike

I wish we could get to a point where people didn't feel the need to call other people "niggers, fags, and jews" on the internet. I've quit many a game mid-match because I just couldn't stand to listen to another ignorant fool shout racial and sexual epithets over a cheap microphone their mother bought them.

JamesBoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JamesBoyce

Cunt fender.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By Turambar
@VisariLoyalist:
" @JJOR64 said:
" @VisariLoyalist: Well, probably more people say "God Damnit" or "Jesus Christ" more then "that's Jewish". "
that is so not relevant to this discussion christians say god damnit and jesus christ I gaurantee you any self respecting jew would not go around saying "that's so jewish" whenever someone tried to rip someone off. "
I have.  Do I win a prize?
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sabata

That nigger said "Microsoft had to be jewish on me"?  What a retarded faggot! 

But in all seriousness people like that are pretty dumb.  Yet another reason why the Bombcast is the only podcast worth listening to.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41  Edited By Black_Rose

This is no place to complain. DF is not part of GB. You should send a message to its creators to complain.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LiquidPrince

I know Jewish people who make fun of others by calling them Jews. It creates like a paradox and the world usually explodes... At least in my mind.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By masternater27
@VisariLoyalist: Hey, I'm totally with you man.  I find its best to start with people you actually know though.  It has much more of an impact on somebody if you know them and are friends and whatever and you tell them how it's offensive to you.  It's fucked up that it's said, and it's fucked up that "that's so gay," is also said and accepted, but anonymous people on a message board are impossible to deal with.  Send something to the hosts, if you hear it in person say something, that's how I roll.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ryanwho
@VisariLoyalist said:
" @ryanwho: I'm sorry that second sentence didn't make much sense to me. "
Your complaint is so completely trivial. Your grandparents had to deal with things like not being allowed into certain restaurants. Stop being a baby, is my suggestion, and find a real cause.
bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By bacongames

Is this thread really happening?  By the title I was expecting a legitimately offensive remark about Jews, not some off color joke that to anyone with half a brain realizes is a joke.  No one would seriously associate being stingy with being Jewish but the over usage of that phrasing means they are seriously racist or it's a joke.  I have a feeling it's a joke.

Can anyone else smell too much self-righteousness in the room?

deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tuffgong said:

No one would seriously associate being stingy with being Jewish

Um, you'd be surprised at how many people actually do. I doubt the podcast guy is, though.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By penguindust
@VisariLoyalist said:
" @JJOR64 said:
that is so not relevant to this discussion christians say god damnit and jesus christ I gaurantee you any self respecting jew would not go around saying "that's so jewish" whenever someone tried to rip someone off. "
You need to listen to the CAGcast from CheapAssGamer.com.  It's hosted by two men of Jewish faith who constantly use those terms and other similar ones when talking about stuff.  I think it's a mistake to believe that people of the faith would not use derogatory language among themselves because they feel they can.  It's the same reason why African Americans use language that is culturally relevent to them, but is also thought to be discriminatory when used by other people even when not referring to blacks.  Having said that let me make one thing clear.  I abhore the use of such language even when used within the culture it is meant to degrade.  I do not believe in the excuse that "using it makes it our own."  All it does is permit other cultures to use shameful language because the people it's meant to describe are using it, and therefore, since they don't seem to have a problem with it, it must be okay.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jayge_
@Tuffgong said:
" Is this thread really happening?  By the title I was expecting a legitimately offensive remark about Jews, not some off color joke that to anyone with half a brain realizes is a joke.  No one would seriously associate being stingy with being Jewish but the over usage of that phrasing means they are seriously racist or it's a joke.  I have a feeling it's a joke.  Can anyone else smell too much self-righteousness in the room? "
When's the last time you went outside, sport?
skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By skidd
@VisariLoyalist said:
" @JJOR64 said:
First of all, this is a bit of an over-reaction. Youre argument is also flawed by the sweeping generalisations youre make right there - I have a jewish friend who was said stuff similar to this, plust what JJOR64 said was completely valid. You have every right to be offended (you may even have a fair complaint), but youre unlikely to win any support with most people here...
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Diamond

Why not take it up with the podcast makers instead of coming here about this?  It's as bad as the people who get banned from Gamespot and come here to complain about it.  There's lots of other sites I'd love to make a thread trash talking them on here, but that's pointless, dumb, and doesn't help this community.

Anyways, even though it is racist, I think when people use 'jewish' in that way, they're kind of referring to the stereotype of greediness or stinginess.