Distribution of wealth between Publisher and Studio?

Icadae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Icadae

I was wondering if any of you know where to find detailed information on the distribution of wealth pr. unit sold between the publisher and the developer, the price for a unit shipped on the publishers side, monthly price decreases vs. shipping costs and so on.

I've been unable to find any real information. I know Patcher did an episode once of a rough guestimate of the distribution, but it would be very nice to have some sort of solid information, unless that is privilidged to the publisher/classified. 

Including distribution of DLC to manifacturer/publisher/licensed service provider. 

Thanks, Icadae. 

If/When such information is uncovered, they will of course be quoted in the OP to further discussion if want be.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gaff

I remember that Pach-Attack and I understand what you're talking about, but the publishers tend to be quite tight-lipped about that information (or at least buried in quarterly earnings PDFs that no "self respecting gamer" would actually read through). 

As for the cut the developer gets from the publisher, I think the most explicit mention of such deals is made in the famous West - Zampella vs Activision case. Do bear in mind that Infinity Ward was a high profile developer and probably could demand higher than normal bonuses from the publisher.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By fwylo

Clearly it's a 70:50 split.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm sure it greatly varies depending on the individual deals done.