Do I dare to dream and make it a reality?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

I love to come up with gaming concepts and ideas, and I dream of that perhaps that it will become a reality. Because of my limited knowledge on mathematics, computers, and only so much imagination to offer, I believe that I’m unable to fulfill my dreams of creating a game. Even though I might not ever be able to create or help to create a game, I can always dream what it would be like if I was ever given the chance to create one. Here are two of my best ideas that I don’t mind sharing with everyone. I’m probably selling this information for free to people all over, but it would be something else to see my idea come to life even though I won’t be able to accept the credit.

One of my ideas is a concept I’ve thought of on old RPGs. This is probably an idea of what some fans would love to see and think of, but I just want to mention it. :P Wouldn’t it be neat to revive the classic RPGs in a totally new way? Instead of reviving classic RPGs in a 2D environment, what about a 3D environment? How about making some of the RPGs turn into a real-time action adventure game? Just imagine classic RPG games like Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Final Fantasy, and Earthbound all come to life revamped into a 3D environment action adventure game. I think that it would feel like a completely different game if this was done, but it would keep every enemy, concept, design, and secrets within the game but on a much larger scale. Now that would be awesome I think. This concept comes from the thought of the Klonoa series, which inspired me with the idea of 3D RPGs. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, originally for the Playstation, was remade for the Wii with better graphics but kept the mechanics. My idea for the RPGs is that some could possibly keep the RPG elements, while others would have a change in how the game works.

Another idea of mine regards a Mario Kart concept for Rainbow Road, or perhaps a racing game concept that I’ve come up with. I call it the Mario Kart Idea.

The Mario Kart Idea.

It's a Rainbow Road course that takes place in a river like setting.  Nothing but water is around you.  The water reflects everything, including the track, the stars above, and whatever else there is that reflects.  Rainbow Road is actually going to look like colored glass, but it would be a little more faded out than the usual Rainbow Road.  Shooting stars and cheep cheep (fish) can attack you and slow you down.

In one part of the track, just imagine falling down a steep part of track that twists a little (like a small piece of DNA) where there is nothing but water that surrounds you every which way.  Here is something similar that I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSRQZodDLMU

You see the water setting video?  Well, instead of hole "waterfall" not having a pit, my idea is that it will lead you into a pit with cave/wishing well like setting.  Everything is still reflected because the water is below you.  The reflection of the water will show on the ceiling.

When you leave the cave, you will blast off onto a planet like in Super Mario Galaxy.  You'll race on something like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Qw1ClCVN8 It would include walking bomb-ombs, Bullet Bills, Piranhas, and such. What I’m getting to is that it would be all the designs from the adventure game packed into a racing game.

***Remember when I mentioned the cave? Well, on the last lap there will be quite a surprise when you reach the the cave. Can you guess what it might be?***

With all the other tricky traps and turns in the level, you think you could make it?  Would this course be epic and change the way we see racing?  We may never know.

Well, these are some ideas that I’ve come up with, and it is a dream of mine that perhaps won’t ever come true. Even though I probably won’t ever be able to create a game, but I hope to sell or market them instead. I think I can dare to dream, but I know that my ideas and dreams probably won’t ever come true. So what do you all think about my ideas? Do you have any ideas, concepts, or stories of your own that you would like to see in a video game that you would like to share? Got any questions, comments, advice, or suggestions for me? I’ll be around. Thanks for reading, and dare to dream. ;)

-Ty

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tireyo

I love to come up with gaming concepts and ideas, and I dream of that perhaps that it will become a reality. Because of my limited knowledge on mathematics, computers, and only so much imagination to offer, I believe that I’m unable to fulfill my dreams of creating a game. Even though I might not ever be able to create or help to create a game, I can always dream what it would be like if I was ever given the chance to create one. Here are two of my best ideas that I don’t mind sharing with everyone. I’m probably selling this information for free to people all over, but it would be something else to see my idea come to life even though I won’t be able to accept the credit.

One of my ideas is a concept I’ve thought of on old RPGs. This is probably an idea of what some fans would love to see and think of, but I just want to mention it. :P Wouldn’t it be neat to revive the classic RPGs in a totally new way? Instead of reviving classic RPGs in a 2D environment, what about a 3D environment? How about making some of the RPGs turn into a real-time action adventure game? Just imagine classic RPG games like Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Final Fantasy, and Earthbound all come to life revamped into a 3D environment action adventure game. I think that it would feel like a completely different game if this was done, but it would keep every enemy, concept, design, and secrets within the game but on a much larger scale. Now that would be awesome I think. This concept comes from the thought of the Klonoa series, which inspired me with the idea of 3D RPGs. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, originally for the Playstation, was remade for the Wii with better graphics but kept the mechanics. My idea for the RPGs is that some could possibly keep the RPG elements, while others would have a change in how the game works.

Another idea of mine regards a Mario Kart concept for Rainbow Road, or perhaps a racing game concept that I’ve come up with. I call it the Mario Kart Idea.

The Mario Kart Idea.

It's a Rainbow Road course that takes place in a river like setting.  Nothing but water is around you.  The water reflects everything, including the track, the stars above, and whatever else there is that reflects.  Rainbow Road is actually going to look like colored glass, but it would be a little more faded out than the usual Rainbow Road.  Shooting stars and cheep cheep (fish) can attack you and slow you down.

In one part of the track, just imagine falling down a steep part of track that twists a little (like a small piece of DNA) where there is nothing but water that surrounds you every which way.  Here is something similar that I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSRQZodDLMU

You see the water setting video?  Well, instead of hole "waterfall" not having a pit, my idea is that it will lead you into a pit with cave/wishing well like setting.  Everything is still reflected because the water is below you.  The reflection of the water will show on the ceiling.

When you leave the cave, you will blast off onto a planet like in Super Mario Galaxy.  You'll race on something like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Qw1ClCVN8 It would include walking bomb-ombs, Bullet Bills, Piranhas, and such. What I’m getting to is that it would be all the designs from the adventure game packed into a racing game.

***Remember when I mentioned the cave? Well, on the last lap there will be quite a surprise when you reach the the cave. Can you guess what it might be?***

With all the other tricky traps and turns in the level, you think you could make it?  Would this course be epic and change the way we see racing?  We may never know.

Well, these are some ideas that I’ve come up with, and it is a dream of mine that perhaps won’t ever come true. Even though I probably won’t ever be able to create a game, but I hope to sell or market them instead. I think I can dare to dream, but I know that my ideas and dreams probably won’t ever come true. So what do you all think about my ideas? Do you have any ideas, concepts, or stories of your own that you would like to see in a video game that you would like to share? Got any questions, comments, advice, or suggestions for me? I’ll be around. Thanks for reading, and dare to dream. ;)

-Ty

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

That's some good ideas...   

The RPG idea has been tried, and is a little of a pitfall if you're not careful. Mainly because, even if the game is good, a lot of fans will still downgrade it, and say that the classic is better or that the new addaptation sucks and such.  

The Mario Kart idea is a nice one. A good setting for a racing game. 

If i make a game like that i'll use bits of that idea. 

Have you ever tried flash? 

You don't need programming skills to work with it, and a little efford you can create your games yourself. 

Also there are some suites for creating games. 

You shouldn't give up on your dreams as easy as that. 

No one is born knowing you know. :)

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tireyo
@Jeust said:

" That's some good ideas...    The RPG idea has been tried, and is a little of a pitfall if you're not careful. Mainly because, even if the game is good, a lot of fans will still downgrade it, and say that the classic is better or that the new addaptation sucks and such.   The Mario Kart idea is a nice one. A good setting for a racing game.  If i make a game like that i'll use bits of that idea.  Have you ever tried flash?  You don't need programming skills to work with it, and a little efford you can create your games yourself.  Also there are some suites for creating games.  You shouldn't give up on your dreams as easy as that.  No one is born knowing. :) "

Even though the RPG idea has been tried, and even if fans might say that the classic version is better than the new version, it would still sell if the game was revamped correctly.

The Mario Kart idea is my best by far. I've tried with sites trying to create a game, but I'm just not smart enough to use the site and create one. I've tried my best to create one, but it really didn't' turn out. I can't really get the hang of it, because there are many things that you have to do. There is a lot involved when trying to make one.

You know, I've been looking at what these companies do, and some of the market people that sell the games can actually have their input when it comes to ideas and concepts to making a video game. So, that might help a little. For now, I'll just continue in my business studies and hope for the best. Possibly dream more and write my thoughts down.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Shadow

I have tons of ideas that I think would be kickass.  The trick though, is to 1: get someone to give a shit what you have to say and 2: get them to pay you for saying it.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tireyo
@Shadow said:
" I have tons of ideas that I think would be kickass.  The trick though, is to 1: get someone to give a shit what you have to say and 2: get them to pay you for saying it. "
Lol! I guess that is a start!
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust
@Tireyo643 said:
" @Shadow said:
" I have tons of ideas that I think would be kickass.  The trick though, is to 1: get someone to give a shit what you have to say and 2: get them to pay you for saying it. "
Lol! I guess that is a start! "
Look at the creator of nintendo - Shigeru Miyamoto - he started at nintendo when she was just a company of playing cards. 

I doubt if he really is a skilled programmer.  

And Mario is his creation.  

Don't lose hope :) 
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tireyo
@Jeust said:
" @Tireyo643 said:
" @Shadow said:
Lol! I guess that is a start! "
Look at the creator of nintendo - Shigeru Miyamoto - he started at nintendo when she was just a company of playing cards.  I doubt if he really is a skilled programmer.   And Mario is his creation.   Don't lose hope :)  "
Alright.
HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By HAMMERCLAW

Gentlemen, you have your fingers on the keys of a most excellent device for recording ideas for future reference. Start typing them in. Those ideas won't do you any good if they stay inside your heads.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman

That stuff definitely sounds interesting. I could never think stuff like this up. You could be the next Jonathan Blow.   : )

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Well it's true that most game designers know programing, but if you have the money to hire game developers to work for you then I guess technically it's still possible.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tireyo
@JJWeatherman said:
" That stuff definitely sounds interesting. I could never think stuff like this up. You could be the next Jonathan Blow.   : ) "
Aw, you're just being nice. :P Thanks. :)

@Alex_Murphy said:
" Well it's true that most game designers know programing, but if you have the money to hire game developers to work for you then I guess technically it's still possible. "

I think it is possible. I watched the Discovery Channel to see how video games are made. Pretty interesting stuff. :) I think that marketers do get credit and input too.