• 64 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by TDot (388 posts) -

It seems like it just gives people the incentive to post nothing all that insightful just to get their post count higher. 

#2 Posted by banksrob (1140 posts) -

its there i wouldn't take it down, but i don't encourage posting for posts sake, i mean 1000+ posts in off topic is ridiculous.

#3 Posted by legend_cloud (434 posts) -

I guess it's useful to see who has a lot of posts...

#4 Edited by DualReaver (3792 posts) -

People give shit posts no matter what on most forums anyway?
So I don't really see a point to taking it down.

#5 Posted by DarkLegend (1383 posts) -

That is needed, because I'm on it. :D

#6 Posted by cann3dheat (309 posts) -

I've actually asked a few staff members to take it down, but it doesn't look like that's happening. It just promotes "Postcount +1", which I just think is ridiculous. It's quality, not quantity people.

#7 Posted by Aaron_G (1678 posts) -

I don't care for it, but does it bother anyone that much?

#8 Posted by banksrob (1140 posts) -

i think i actually have the most useful posts on that list anyway

#9 Posted by DarkLegend (1383 posts) -

Probably just jealous, why would you want it down?

#10 Edited by Cleric (290 posts) -

I don't care about the top poster wall, nor do I care for the post count itself (I kind of feel sad for those who do).

Now that i think about it, the best forums I visit have no post count.

#11 Posted by DarkLegend (1383 posts) -
Cleric said:
"I don't care about the top poster wall, nor do I care for the post count itself (I kind of pity those who do).

Now that i think about it, the best forums I visit have no post count. "
Exactly who cares? Some people even repeat the same thing of the above user just for post count. 
#12 Posted by TimeWaffle (967 posts) -

we have a top poster's wall? i have noticed it

#13 Posted by epic_pets (1345 posts) -

Its doing no harm, people will try to get a high post count anyway

#14 Posted by GoranP (1252 posts) -
DrDemon said:
"we have a top poster's wall? i have noticed it
"
 I found out about it today.
#15 Posted by Cleric (290 posts) -
DarkLegend said:
"Cleric said:
"I don't care about the top poster wall, nor do I care for the post count itself (I kind of pity those who do).

Now that i think about it, the best forums I visit have no post count. "
Exactly who cares?"

How should I know. I was just talking in general.
#16 Posted by TDot (388 posts) -

my point was some people that have appeared on that wall ( i won't say who) have appeared on some threads, said about one line of nothing then left... followed by one or two more people saying the exact same thing then leaving once more.

#17 Posted by DarkLegend (1383 posts) -
TDot said:
"my point was some people that have appeared on that wall ( i won't say who) have appeared on some threads, said about one line of nothing then left... followed by one or two more people saying the exact same thing then leaving once more.
"
I know what you mean. Kinda like this: 
Ex~
First poster:
That game looks good.

Next Poster:
That game looks great.

How stupid is that?
#19 Posted by DarkLegend (1383 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"It doesn't really bother me and people post stuff about nothing anyways. Taking down the wall won't change a thing.
"
Really? I would defiantly stop posting.
#20 Posted by Lairdo (539 posts) -

I think this Karmum guy is going overboard with the posting.

#21 Posted by DarkLegend (1383 posts) -
Lairdo said:
"I think this Karmum guy is going overboard with the posting.
"
He slowed down, I think he had 400 post on his first day.
#22 Posted by Rowr (5862 posts) -

Agreed. It just gives people an objective, which isnt a good thing to wave in front of gamers.

#23 Posted by Lairdo (539 posts) -
DarkLegend said:
"Lairdo said:
"I think this Karmum guy is going overboard with the posting.
"
He slowed down, I think he had 400 post on his first day."
He gets like 250 posts a day.
#24 Posted by DualReaver (3792 posts) -
Lairdo said:
"DarkLegend said:
"Lairdo said:
"I think this Karmum guy is going overboard with the posting.
"
He slowed down, I think he had 400 post on his first day."
He gets like 250 posts a day.
"
Ever since he hit 1000, he really slowed down a lot. Least compared to how he was.
#25 Posted by DarkLegend (1383 posts) -

Almost the same as me? I started two days ago.

#26 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3521 posts) -

Perhaps a list of posters with the highest karma?  Nobody really uses the [ + ] rating though, only the [ - ].

Unless the Staff thinks of something better for that spot, I don't think the list is going anywhere.

#27 Posted by Foil_Charizard (350 posts) -

Keep it, I say add a top wiki point wall also

#28 Posted by epic_pets (1345 posts) -

Yea Karmum hit 1,000 like on his second day, thats insane

#29 Posted by DarkLegend (1383 posts) -
Foil_Charizard said:
"Keep it, I say add a top wiki point wall also
"
That would great, too bad I have a small amount.
#30 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3521 posts) -
Foil_Charizard said:
"Keep it, I say add a top wiki point wall also
"
I don't know if they'd add a wall list for it since it has its own section:

users▼
   Top Users
#32 Posted by twenty0ne (3056 posts) -

Yah man. It boosts my self-esteem when I see myself up there.

#33 Posted by brew (52 posts) -

I would rather see ads in a dedicated ad space.

 

#34 Posted by Riddler (1602 posts) -

wtf, im not on it? alright spam time

#35 Posted by MikPick (361 posts) -
epic_pets said:
"Yea Karmum hit 1,000 like on his second day, thats insane"

Same with the fact that you have so many posts as well.
#36 Posted by roofy (1021 posts) -

my thoughts exactly

#37 Posted by Foxdemon2k (287 posts) -

People who complain about the top poster wall and top points wall are just jealous.

#38 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -

Yeah, especially since the top users are people who spam in the burger/off-topic sections, and now who actually talk about gaming.

V_V

#39 Posted by PharoahCapcom (472 posts) -

YES!!!!!!!!

#40 Posted by twenty0ne (3056 posts) -
Joevit said:
"It's kind of stupid.... Just shows that some people have no life."
That's a stupid statement. Out of jealousy, perhaps?
#41 Posted by MB (14127 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Yeah, especially since the top users are people who spam in the burger/off-topic sections, and now who actually talk about gaming.

V_V
"
Posts about burgers are just as legitimate as posts about the PS3, in my opinion.
#42 Posted by DarkArmada (174 posts) -

I think this needs to be removed ASAP - as said above, the "Top Posters Wall" just fuels the desire of some to SPAM the forums to death just so they get to see themselves on it. There's no real need for a top posters wall and I'd already mentioned it in the "GB Suggestions" thread...

#43 Posted by twenty0ne (3056 posts) -
DarkArmada said:
"I think this needs to be removed ASAP - as said above, the "Top Posters Wall" just fuels the desire of some to SPAM the forums to death just so they get to see themselves on it. There's no real need for a top posters wall and I'd already mentioned it in the "GB Suggestions" thread...
"
I've seen more spam from users outside the top ten than people inside of it.
#44 Posted by Shocker (2324 posts) -

I don't mind it. I won't ever be on there so it's no big deal to me.

#45 Posted by MB (14127 posts) -
twenty0ne said:
"DarkArmada said:
"I think this needs to be removed ASAP - as said above, the "Top Posters Wall" just fuels the desire of some to SPAM the forums to death just so they get to see themselves on it. There's no real need for a top posters wall and I'd already mentioned it in the "GB Suggestions" thread...
"
I've seen more spam from users outside the top ten than people inside of it.
"
Hehe, good one.  Oh wait...were you being serious?
#46 Posted by PharoahCapcom (472 posts) -

Why was my post deleted?

#47 Posted by MB (14127 posts) -

Because you quoted something offensive from another user and it wouldn't have made sense to leave it.

#48 Posted by PharoahCapcom (472 posts) -
MB said:
"Because you quoted something offensive from another user and it wouldn't have made sense to leave it.
"
Oh ok.Sorry.
#49 Posted by MB (14127 posts) -

It's alright just trying to keep the thread from being completely derailed.

#50 Posted by twenty0ne (3056 posts) -
MB said:
"twenty0ne said:
"DarkArmada said:
"I think this needs to be removed ASAP - as said above, the "Top Posters Wall" just fuels the desire of some to SPAM the forums to death just so they get to see themselves on it. There's no real need for a top posters wall and I'd already mentioned it in the "GB Suggestions" thread...
"
I've seen more spam from users outside the top ten than people inside of it.
"
Hehe, good one.  Oh wait...were you being serious?
"
Completely...