Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By DarkArmada
twenty0ne said:
"MB said:
"twenty0ne said:
"DarkArmada said:
"I think this needs to be removed ASAP - as said above, the "Top Posters Wall" just fuels the desire of some to SPAM the forums to death just so they get to see themselves on it. There's no real need for a top posters wall and I'd already mentioned it in the "GB Suggestions" thread...
"
I've seen more spam from users outside the top ten than people inside of it.
"
Hehe, good one.  Oh wait...were you being serious?
"
Completely... "
*Cough* isn't that what I meant? Hehe - that users that aren't on the list may spam just to get on it... Sorry, it's Monday morning here and it's really cold.
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By BigBoss1911

Yes so we know how lifeless others are.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MisterSpiffy

I think it's pretty useless.  Most people up there are just spamming, but there are some who just post a lot, while still contributing to the thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MB said:
"Sentry said:
"Yeah, especially since the top users are people who spam in the burger/off-topic sections, and now who actually talk about gaming.

V_V
"
Posts about burgers are just as legitimate as posts about the PS3, in my opinion.
"

Really? A real discussion on the state of the gaming industry vs 'I like cheese on meat, yummmzz'

Hmmf.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By PharoahCapcom
MisterSpiffy said:
"I think it's pretty useless.  Most people up there are just spamming, but there are some who just post a lot, while still contributing to the thread.
"
BigBoss1911 said:
"Yes so we know how lifeless others are."
Wow..the ignorance of it all.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By mike
Sentry said:
"MB said:
"Sentry said:
"Yeah, especially since the top users are people who spam in the burger/off-topic sections, and now who actually talk about gaming.

V_V
"
Posts about burgers are just as legitimate as posts about the PS3, in my opinion.
"

Really? A real discussion on the state of the gaming industry vs 'I like cheese on meat, yummmzz'

Hmmf.
"
If Giant Bomb was just about discussing the gaming industry, there wouldn't be an Off Topic forum...or a hamburger forum, for that matter.
LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By LightYagami245

I don't care for it, but it's nice to have.

Ehden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ehden

At this rate Karmum will equal my post count on GS in a few weeks, it took me over 2 years to get it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MB said:
"Sentry said:
"MB said:
"Sentry said:

V_V
"
"

Hmmf.
"
If Giant Bomb was just about discussing the gaming industry, there wouldn't be an Off Topic forum...or a hamburger forum, for that matter.
"

I never said it was just about discussing gaming, but its one thing to see someone with 2,000 posts all from the hamburger/off-topic forum, and another to see someone with 2,000 posts from gaming discussions, with a little off-topic (ie 800 posts or so).

But when someone is ONLY in off-topic forums, you can tell they are just spamming the place over time.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By mike
Sentry said:

I never said it was just about discussing gaming, but its one thing to see someone with 2,000 posts all from the hamburger/off-topic forum, and another to see someone with 2,000 posts from gaming discussions, with a little off-topic (ie 800 posts or so).
It's a good thing that post count is not a good indicator of a poster's quality.
DarkArmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By DarkArmada
MB said:
"Sentry said:

It's a good thing that post count is not a good indicator of a poster's quality.
"
Leading on from this - if there ever was a "ranking" system implemented here on the forums, I hope that it would not be based on post count alone...
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Mourne

I think a "Most Popular Forums" bit would be better there, with the pictures or something. I know it's already above that and everything, but that's all I've got.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By Player1

Yes I agree. I mean when people post in the "what browser are you using?" do they really want to share that will people. Or do they just want to higher their post count? Still Its really not THAT big of a deal. 

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

ReTarDedFisHy thinks it's kind of ridiculous to try and get so many posts, while not putting much thought into them i.e. postwhores. But at the same time he doesn't really mind. It gives some people on the site something to aim for... but like 1000 posts a day is just messed up.
*cough* Yay! Post #100! Happy face :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MB said:
"Sentry said:

"

Thank god! XD

But then again if it is not, then why show their faces on the side wall? O_O

XP
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By Black_Rose

I don't think it's bad