#1 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
#2 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I have more video game music than all other music combined.

#3 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

I used to download from OC remix all the time. I should get back into it. I have over 100 tracks from that site. 

#4 Posted by FlyingRat (1445 posts) -

Not really, i have the Shatter soundtrack and that's about it. But that's just cause the Shatter soundtrack is fucking awesome.

#5 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

No. Video game music is like movie soundtracks: it may fit the game/movie well, but its not something I'd listen to when I'm just listening to music.

And of course I exclude movie soundtracks that just take singles from real bands or something like The Crow soundtrack (quite a few awesome songs on that one), but am rather referring to like instrumental such at Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.

So no, I've never downloaded a video game song because it just doesn't interest me.

#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12389 posts) -
@Fajita_Jim said:
" No. Video game music is like movie soundtracks: it may fit the game/movie well, but its not something I'd listen to when I'm just listening to music.  "
this. though i do have some soundtracks (Rez, Goldeneye, DOA and some others)
#7 Edited by gla55jAw (2682 posts) -

I have that sweet battle song from P3P (girl version). Other than that I have Vinyl Fantasy VII and The Ocarina of Rhyme.

#8 Posted by ESREVER (2574 posts) -

Yep. I have my share of music, game soundtracks, and anime soundtracks. 
I have the LoZ soundtracks, some FF, Demon's Souls, Persona4 OST, and MGS4. 

I can only listen to the real thing. I normally can't stand remixes of any kind.

#9 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
@Fajita_Jim said:
" No. Video game music is like movie soundtracks: it may fit the game/movie well, but its not something I'd listen to when I'm just listening to music.  And of course I exclude movie soundtracks that just take singles from real bands or something like The Crow soundtrack (quite a few awesome songs on that one), but am rather referring to like instrumental such at Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.  So no, I've never downloaded a video game song because it just doesn't interest me. "
Yeah but there is a lot of "videogame music" out there that isn't from a soundtrack. Such as the remix sites out there where people remix videogame music or arrange it. Some of that stuff is amazing and worth looking into.
#10 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -

I don't download anything on a regular basis.

#11 Posted by NathHaw (2748 posts) -

I don't download music, but I do have some soundtrack CDs that I enjoy.  I listen to video game music on youtube fairly often as well.

#12 Edited by Claude (16251 posts) -

... no. Never.

EDIT

I have downloaded free stuff, but it was offered for free, like, The Witcher, Red Dead Redemption and stuff. Oh and World of Goo. Cool.

#13 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -
@astrotriforce said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:
" No. Video game music is like movie soundtracks: it may fit the game/movie well, but its not something I'd listen to when I'm just listening to music.  And of course I exclude movie soundtracks that just take singles from real bands or something like The Crow soundtrack (quite a few awesome songs on that one), but am rather referring to like instrumental such at Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.  So no, I've never downloaded a video game song because it just doesn't interest me. "
Yeah but there is a lot of "videogame music" out there that isn't from a soundtrack. Such as the remix sites out there where people remix videogame music or arrange it. Some of that stuff is amazing and worth looking into. "
Well, I hate remixes of any sort. Its like someone has some skill but instead of being original, they just mix someone elses crap. Besides, the music I listen to is rarely in video games (save a few skateboarding games). When I listen to music just to listen to music, it's Classic Rock / 80's Alt / Punk or Thrash for the most part.

I  might tap my foot to some video game music while playing, but its not something I'd listen to while driving or drifting off in front of my PC.

#14 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

No, but I do like to listen to it off of YouTube.  I really don't download music anymore.

#15 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -

If im playing a game and I really like the music ill go and find the ost and download it. the only exception to this was I downloaded I big pack of final fantasy music because I heard it was very good :)

#16 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I usually buy/download the soundtracks of games I really like.
Then I slap myself silly for falling for it again, some songs are not good without the scene giving them context.

#17 Posted by DrBeardface (234 posts) -

I bought the Super Meat Boy soundtrack last week.  It is fucking magical. 
Other than that, I only take advantage of free offers.  Aside from SMB and Final Fantasy VII, I haven't gone out of my way to get a game soundtrack.

#18 Posted by ___pocalypse (561 posts) -

I have a ton of video game music. I like instrumental music a lot, and there are plenty of video games with awesomely composed songs. Some stuff I have because I think it's funny to play on shuffle, like the Zelda sound effects.

#19 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11008 posts) -

I have to admit, I bought Heroes of Might and Magic II off Good Old Games partially for the soundtrack. How can you argue with Opera?  Other than that though, not really. I've reformed from my filthy pirate ways.

#20 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Regular basis? Not necessarily. It takes a lot, a lot for me to actively find a whole album of music; I'd have to be a huge fan to buy the album (or the album has to be either cheap or stellar according to critics/friends/whoever). But I've downloaded video game music (and pay for it!) when I can and when I feel like I'll listen to it. 

Unless it's something that is impossible to find without downloading it illegally, like the DJ Hero soundtrack (does that count?)

#21 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1230 posts) -

Amazon's mp3 downloads have been instrumental into me downloading game music as of late. So far Scott Pilgrim and Castlevania. Then free cds that came with Persona 3, 4, Nocturne, and some Disgaea stuff.

#22 Posted by yakov456 (1873 posts) -

Are there any podcasts out there that deal solely with game music? I'm too lazy to find stuff and DL it.

#23 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

no, but i have been meaning to. i just downloaded left 4 dead sound track.

#24 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I just listen on YouTube when I want to hear a track. 

#25 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -

I usually purchase a video game soundtrack once i've played through the game and enjoyed it. I don't go out looking for good game music without having played the game first.

#26 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

No I just listen to it on youtube if I care to.

#27 Posted by Jiimmii (19 posts) -

all the time, all time favourites: 

VVVVVV  
Street Fighter II

Donkey Kong Coutry 2 
Fable 
Castle Crashers

#28 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

Nope, but I certainly have my favorites.  The problem is most video game music is just background scores and themes.  If there were more regular songs like on the Persona soundtracks or several Final Fantasy OSTs then I'd be more into video game music.  However, the best of it is still not much removed from the complete works of John Williams or Elmer Bernstein, meaning it's all instrumental.  

#29 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

YES!

#30 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Nope, always order them on the internet somewhere and get them in the mail. 
Physical copies feels the best

#31 Posted by SubwayD (443 posts) -

Yes. Very, very infrequently, though. 
Recently, I've only acquired the Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Bionic Commando and BC:Rearmed soundtracks.  
And further into the past, I've picked up the Halo 2 and Metal Gear Solid disks.  

Oh, and I have a bunch of Rare soundtracks that I received as a gifts (Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo and Conker:L&R). That reminds me that I need to track down the Viva Pinata and Banjo-Kazooie: N&B soundtracks. Say what you will about Rare's recent games, but no one can deny the music isn't a delight to behold. :)

#32 Posted by Marzy (674 posts) -

I download more videogame music than any other genre.

#33 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1854 posts) -

I used to, but i haven't heard that many recent songs.

#34 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Regularly? No, but recently I downloaded (legitimately!) the Super Meat Boy OST. It's great! My MP3 player consists of at least one-third of game BGMs.