• 145 results
Posted by mikey87144 (1664 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Do you eat Doritos and/or drink Mountain Dew when you play games? (659 votes)

Yes, doesn't everybody? 17%
No. Who is this imaginary person you speak of? 84%

If this was asked already please forgive me but seriously, who does that? Doritos are so messy to eat and mountain dew? Why mountain dew? Why not a Coke or juice?

#1 Posted by Marcsman (3116 posts) -

Dorito's? You would get the nasty stuff all over your controllers.

#2 Posted by DemiGodRaven (266 posts) -

What if you just love Mountain Dew and aren't a huge fan of Doritos?

#3 Posted by SeanFoster (855 posts) -

Doritos yes, Mountain Dew no.

#4 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2304 posts) -

Doritos are garbage flavored chips and Mountain Dew burns my mouth. I would never subject myself to that crap while playing vidya games.

#5 Edited by Gargantuan (1881 posts) -

Never tried Mountain Dew and I don't think I've ever seen a Doritos here in Sweden.

#6 Posted by Warfare (1632 posts) -

No. I don't eat when I play games I like to keep my controllers clean.

#7 Posted by ShaggE (6328 posts) -

Doritos are the controller/keyboard killer. No way. Nothing dusty/greasy when gaming. Dew, sure. Not any more than any other drink, though... just depends on what sounds good at the moment. I prefer a beer, or coffee/tea.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I do not like fucking up my controllers.

#9 Edited by AgentMOO (186 posts) -

Yuck, they are both processed corn with food coloring. HFCS in the mountain dew and ground corn for the chips

#10 Posted by itsVASH (172 posts) -

Just because I play games doesn't mean I have to destroy my body to

#11 Posted by ChrisTaran (1565 posts) -

You'd have to pay me to get me to eat either of those items.

#12 Posted by Zelyre (1122 posts) -

They simply need to make Gamer Food Dewritos ©.

Take a Dorritos shell, put the powdered coating on the inside. Then, fill the inside with a jelly that has a burst of mountain dew flavored goo in it.

Mountain Dew is not allowed in my house. Doritos are now allowed anywhere near gaming equipment, be it board game or console. If you're bringing your own keyboard/mouse, controller, I could care less. But this is still a Dew free zone.

#13 Edited by Brodehouse (9585 posts) -

Cool Ranch is the only thing that gives me pause in my atheism.

#14 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11471 posts) -

I will occasionally eat some Doritos, but usually not when I'm playing the video games. I haven't drank anything Mountain Dew related in months.

#15 Posted by oldenglishC (922 posts) -

Flamin' hot Funyuns and chocolate milk.

#16 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

Mountain Dew, sure. No to Doritos though.

#17 Edited by EternalVigil (239 posts) -

What's a Doritos and Mountain Dew?

#18 Edited by AgentMOO (186 posts) -

Oh and did the original poster say there would be juice?

#19 Posted by drainbamage (21 posts) -

C: I don't eat/drink them while gaming... or at any other time unless I'm being held at gunpoint by Geoff Keighley

#20 Edited by Flappy (2127 posts) -

@shagge said:

Doritos are the controller/keyboard killer. No way. Nothing dusty/greasy when gaming. Dew, sure. Not any more than any other drink, though... just depends on what sounds good at the moment. I prefer a beer, or coffee/tea.

Tea? You're no fun! Swap that out with (insert energy drink here) and you'd be the baddest dude around!

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (35992 posts) -

Oh, god no.

#22 Posted by thatdutchguy (1271 posts) -

Ask Keighley.

#23 Edited by Nights (605 posts) -

I rarely drink soda. Other than the odd mixed drink, I haven't touched caffeine in seven years. I'm cool with Doritos, especially now that they're gluten-free. Wouldn't want to eat them while playing games though, I'd have to wipe down my fingers every minute.

#24 Posted by gomezar7 (61 posts) -

@nights: The fuck did you just say? They're corn chips of course they don't have gluten.

Also I would be down for some doritos and dew but for some reason I have never done it.

#25 Edited by Zeeco (102 posts) -

I very rarely eat or drink while playing video games, especially with messy food like Doritos.

#26 Edited by Winternet (8005 posts) -

Who even play games anymore, really.

#27 Posted by ShaggE (6328 posts) -

@flappy said:

@shagge said:

Tea? You're no fun! Swap that out with (insert energy drink here) and you'd be the baddest dude around!

I dunno, it might be too X-treme(!!!) for me... last time I knocked back a Monster, a skateboard materialized under my feet and a guy started shredding a crunchy riff right in front of me.

I mean, that happens to me all the time anyway, but when I'm trying to play a game, shit gets a bit distracting.

Now, if I had to be a bad enough dude to save the president, then bring on the guarana.

#28 Posted by OGred (196 posts) -

depends on how much GamerFuel™ I need

#29 Edited by MannyMAR (405 posts) -

I personally don't, but I have an idea who does...

#30 Posted by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

I don't drink Mountain Dew at all. I very rarely eat Doritos, but when I do, I'm not playing video games. It's usually at a BBQ as something to snack on while we wait for the food to be done.

#31 Posted by Nights (605 posts) -

@gomezar7 said:

@nights: The fuck did you just say? They're corn chips of course they don't have gluten.

Also I would be down for some doritos and dew but for some reason I have never done it.

It helps to know what the fuck you're talking about before you run your mouth. I don't know about you, but I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in 2004. I've been dealing with it for quite some time. Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos had wheat in them up until 2011.

In 2011 we reformulated Doritos Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips to remove wheat from the recipe. While some older packages may show "wheat" on the ingredient statement, please be assured that all Doritos Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips currently being sold in the US do not contain wheat.

#32 Posted by Dick_Mohawk (375 posts) -

naw brah, coke and the new pringles Xtra chessy nacho's flavor.

#33 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

I like me some high quality baked goods, but I try to keep myself from looking like the WoW player from South Park by steering clear of most cheap junk. After not having it for so long its really not appealing anymore either.

#34 Posted by Omelet_Pants (165 posts) -

I eat Doritos every once in a while, but not while playing games. In fact, I don't eat anything while playing games. And I don't like Mountain Dew.

But, just curious, why is this question posed this way ("while playing video games")? I don't think MS is targeting people who eat this stuff while playing video games. They're just targeting people who eat/drink this stuff in general.

#35 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1838 posts) -

I have not had Doritos of any kind in about eight years. I haven't had a mountain dew in three. I have never been crazy enough to try and mix the two, especially while operating heavy machinery.

#36 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

Code red ftw

#37 Posted by AngriGhandi (754 posts) -

I sometimes eat Cheetos, but I eat them out of a little bowl so as to avoid getting gross cheeto dust all over my hands and controller and keyboard and mouse and shirt and fucking everything

I tip the bowl up to my mouth and pour in a single cheeto

and then I eat it

(the cheetos are spicy halepeno)

#38 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I can't remember the last time I drank mountain dew and only a madman would eat doritos while playing video games.

#39 Edited by thediabolicalbm (12 posts) -

I actually think mountain dew is pretty good and there are some damn good flavors of doritos salsa verde,sweet chillie and those doritos jacked are fucking good so hell yes i do

#40 Posted by KittyVonDoom (445 posts) -

I'll bet Don Mattrick does.

The idea of either is unappealing enough, but both together sounds like the grossest thing one could do to themselves outside of smoking.

#41 Posted by PK_Koopa (582 posts) -

Of course I do then I lick my controllers for the delicious taste of Tangy cheese and wash my naked body with mountain dew

#42 Edited by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

I drink Mountain Dew on rare occasion. I used to chug the stuff, but since my mother was diagnosed with diabetes I've started to take it easy on the sugary beverages. I'm more likely to drink coffee or tea these days, and I only add about a half-teaspoon of sugar to either.

I also generally avoid starchy snack foods, so Doritos are out. Any sort of powder-covered snack is going to be bad as a companion to video gaming, though.

#43 Edited by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

I drink Mountain Dew on rare occasion. I used to chug the stuff, but since my mother was diagnosed with diabetes I've started to take it easy on the sugary beverages. I'm more likely to drink coffee or tea these days, and I only add about a half-teaspoon of sugar to either.

I also generally avoid starchy snack foods, so Doritos are out. Any sort of powder-covered snack is going to be bad as a companion to video gaming, though.

#44 Edited by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

#45 Posted by Stonyman65 (2591 posts) -

Doritos yes, Mountain Dew no.

This. Haven't had Mountain Dew in over a year at least. I'm more of a diet cola guy.

#46 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

#47 Edited by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

I rarely eat chips to begin with, but Dorito's are alright. Not a fan of the powder that is left behind on your fingers though. I hate Mountain Dew with a passion though. So ultimately, the answer is no.

#48 Edited by Lowfyr (21 posts) -

No Doritos while playing video games please...

As for Mountain Dew: only like...once in a month, this stuff is hard to get and expensive here in germany.

#49 Edited by jeffrud (382 posts) -

Water from a mason jar, black coffee (fuck your sugar), or beer for me. If I get hungry, I stop playing and eat real food with a knife and fork. One thing at a time.

#50 Posted by freakin9 (1101 posts) -

I miss chips, it's been a long long time since I ate chips with any regularity. Maybe once a month, if that, at most now. That's not to say that I have some perfect diet now.