Do you enjoy handheld gaming more then console or pc gaming?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you enjoy handheld gaming more then console or pc gaming? (111 votes)

Yes, for me its more fun and relaxing 7%
It really depends on my mood, I don't have no favs. 51%
Console are the way to go son, so no. 15%
I'm just a PC player all day baby. Screw consoles and handhelds. 26%

I find myself enjoying the ps vita more then I thought I would. There's just more games that's got my interests more then the ps4 at the moment. The games I currently have are...

-Unit 13

-Soul Sacrifice.

- Shinobido 2

-Earth Defense force 2017

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus

- Killzone: Mercenary

I like how the Vita plays this smooth music when it starts on, and playing games can feel more relaxing to play. To answer my own topic question so far I'm having more fun with my vita. I do like my ps4 too, but I mostly been playing Warframe and some watchdogs. The vita also has more games that I find more interesting more then the ps4.

• 
mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Really depends on my mood but most of the time its PC/console for me. I never even use my 3DS outside of my house.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

With a new Wii, I find myself full of great games to play, and little time to play in my DS or PC.

I'm right now on:

• Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
  • Resident Evil 0
  • Fragile Dreams
  • Pandora's Tower
  • Alan Wake
  • Last of Us
egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

handheld gaming is superior because there is nothing between you and the game.

consoles were meant for arcade experiences and multiplayer/party games. Call of Duty I can understand. But putting single player games (especially RPGs) on them is like using your TV as an eBook reader.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I play games, there are cool games worth playing on every system.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I don't think that handhelds have a lesser capacity for greatness than consoles or PC, so I don't prefer one over the other.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

With my 11 month old daughter walking around and being a stay-at-home dad consoles are just a time and attention commitment I cannot make. So when S.T.E.A.M was announced at E3 it quickly became what I was most excited about.

seemah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a roommate who might not like the idea of watching me play skyrim on the living room tv for the hundredth time. Being able to pull the vita out and rock some spelunky or play terraria while we watch sportscenter keeps everyone happy. With that in mind my vita would probably get less use if I lived alone.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

If my 3DS were more ergonomic, I think I'd always be on the damn thing.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#9  Edited By Slag

For me it's all about where I'm sitting and where I feel like sitting.

Frankly after a long day, it's just more comfortable to kick my feet up and game on a big screen than hunch over on a handheld. I love handheld games, I just wish I could play them on TV. So Vita TV seems perfect to me.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I haven't played a new release on consoles since Saints Row 4. I've mostly been buying games when they're $20-$30 6-12 months later as I've found myself playing only a select few games a year. Last console game I played was Tomb Raider in Feb and the next new release I plan on getting is Far Cry 4. I got a 3DS this past winter and have been loving games like Mario Golf, Pushmo, and Fire Emblem. Mario Golf is a great thing to play when listening to podcasts as well Pushmo is a good time waster even if it's three or four puzzles. So I go back and forth depending on which has the games I want to play. My 3DS is mostly all I've touched this summer as I'm catching up on the great games it's had since my time not owning one.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#11 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I mainly play on PC, but in general, what I play on (PC/console/handheld) depends entirely on my mood and how lazy I am feeling. It's doesn't take any effort for me to play a game on my pc, where it takes a little bit of effort for me to play on my consoles or handhelds.

TehJedicake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel pretty happy that there's 37% on that one vote choice =]

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will play a video game on whatever video game platform is available.

dushanan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a handheld and pc gamer primarily. I have almost no interest in console games. Part of the reason for that is I, personally, don't have an HD tv and playing 360 games on our family tv is really bad. Also, other than RDR and a few games that came to/are coming to PC, there are few console games I want to play.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do pretty much all of my 3DS playing on the john these days.

I second that emotion about the 3DS ergonomics. After a while my fingers just start to hurt and I have to turn it off. I would probably play it a lot more if I had some fancy capture stuff like Giant Bomb and could play it on my monitor.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Portable gaming lets you combine gaming with going outside, sitting on the grass & relaxing in the sun. That alone makes it superior. But it's also great for long trips (flights, train rides/bus rides etc.) or even just to play games while laying down on the couch/in your bed after a rough day at work. They're not without problems however. With the current gen of handhelds (which is my first gen of handhelds) I feel the Vita pushes some really poor framerates and the 3DS has awful battery life unless you're playing a DS game on it.

I feel like I cover pretty much all the bases with a PC-Vita-3DS combo. I do still have a last gen PS3 hooked up - mainly in hopes of Persona 5 coming out over here, but I might exchange it for a Wii U which I then treat as some kind of in-house portable. But I guess that kind of depends on if Mario Maker becomes a thing or not.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xymox: There's no way Persona 5 won't be localized, it's kinda a big deal.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By mosespippy

I can't remember the last game I played on console or PC. I use my Vita almost daily and just purchased a 3DS, which I have also been using daily. I turn on my PS3 daily but it's just to watch baseball while I play my handhelds.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I need my 3ds to poop or else I fall asleep out of boredom

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's complicated? For some reason I vastly prefer playing indie games (or similarly smaller games) on the vita to consoles or pc. And these types of games have, consistently, been my favorite for the past few years. Something about it makes those intimate little gems even more intimate. Probably because you are, literally, holding them in the palm of your hands. I do still love playing stuff on my consoles/laptop though.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This poll is missing my response, which is that I play on both console and PC but pretty much never on handhelds.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

PS4 just launched not even a year ago. PS Vita has been out for two years and I disagree with you that it has better games even right now. I really like Soul Sacrifice though.

I like my 3DS a lot better for games. A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y and Fire Emblem Awakening are all great.

I enjoy both console/PC and handheld gaming.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I enjoy all platforms equally. I usually find just as much enjoyment playing my 3ds as my Pc.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I can't play handheld games. I'm never able to find a remotely comfortable way to play them, and I don't have a public transport commute so I'd be playing them at home regardless. It's kind of too bad, because I'd really like to play some of the games like Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing, but I know my neck will hurt after like 30 minutes and I'll never want to play it again.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This poll is missing my response, which is that I play on both console and PC but pretty much never on handhelds.

yeah, me too. I mostly play on PC if a game is available there, but also have a ps3 and wiiu that I use. At some point next year i'll probably get a PS4 as well, for Bloodborne and Axiom Verge.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ezekiel

I would never buy a handheld. I want a sizable screen (24-27 inches) and games that are made without enormous limitations.

doomocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'll always have a handheld addiction, if the amount of money I've spent trying to get every wide release color of Game Boy is any indication.

I need help.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#28  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

In concept I kinda prefer handhelds, I've got a pretty sizeable Vita, DS and GBA library at this point. I'm pretty much never in the situation where it would be perfect to play handheld games though, my current commute to work is about 5 minutes, and the next place I'm likely to move to will be in walking distance to my job. In practice I probably play more on PC and consoles, even though I don't play a lot in general these days.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there's just something about a thing you can whip out anywhere, even in public, and just enjoy.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way. I mean there's a chance I might value handheld gaming more since there were times were they were a real life safer(when I was in guard duty for 6 hours a day everyday for months in the military for instance, the DS was priceless). But saying gaming is better on handhelds just sounds like nonsense, to me.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

There aren't a lot of situations where, if I want to play a game, I'd choose to play it on a small screen with a worse resolution than my PC monitor, and I often find that playing games for long stretches on handhelds can get really uncomfortable; my hands just naturally don't like using a handheld system for too long, or maybe that's a problem specific to my current handheld, the 3DS XL. But if I'm in bed, or watching something on TV/my computer, or on a bus, or whatever, then yeah, I'll fire up my 3DS, but I'm not playing games like 40+ hour long RPGs, with a couple of exceptions. Also, games with a lot of interface i.e. games with a lot of menus and information they have to convey, like Civilization or Crusader Kings II, just don't work on handheld systems. In fact, a lot of genres just don't work at all on handhelds for me.

PC is my preferred way of playing games and I don't see that changing any time soon, but there is certainly a place for handheld games, and certain genres of games thrive on handhelds. In theory, there's no inherent reason why games on other platforms are better than those on handhelds, except for obvious graphical limitations, but in practice, very few of my favourite games are handheld games, and I owned every iteration of the Game Boy when I was a kid, from the original up to the Advance SP.

Side-note: I picked the PC master race option, but I don't actually only like PC games. I like console games and handheld games as well. PC is just my preferred way to play games.

bremaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really play handheld gaming myself and can't afford a good PC so I tend to go the route of consoles. I wouldn't mind getting a 3DS or PS Vita one of these days though.