Do you enjoy reading about video games more than playing them?

• 60 results
Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By Shaunage

I spend about ten times as much time on Giant Bomb's videos as I do actually playing games. I get all I need out of a quicklook, more often than not. I'm finding myself enjoying the games themselves less and less, but I enjoy the discussion.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#52  Edited By Draugen

Nope. Well, I admit that reading about EVE online is quite exciting, even though I'd never actually play it.

Other than that, playing games is much more fun than reading about them.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Unilad

I cannot agree more with this thread. I love reading about games etc, but when it comes to playing them....I'm bored!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By penguindust

About 50-50. There are a lot of games that I'll never play, but I still enjoy reading or hearing about them. It makes me feel informed even if I'll never experience those games myself. I'm certain I read more than I play these days, but that's okay. When I do find a good game I can get into, it's practically the most fun you can have alone on a couch.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#55  Edited By Commisar123

Nope, but I do enjoy reading about them as well.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Chop

I'm the same way. I hardly play games these days and yet, Giant Bomb is still by far my most visited website. I even spend far more time listening to the bombcast now than actually playing games...it's weird.

@HerbieBug said:

Yes. Part of that is decreased willingness to play mid range quality games. I would rather watch a quicklook while eating supper and get the gist of the experience than actually play the game myself.

Actual hands on is reserved for games I have a strong interest in. I don't play iffy games to pass the time anymore.

I strongly agree with this. I don't just play games to play games anymore. For me to go out and buy a game, I have to be strongly interested in it. Yet, to hear the guys talk about a game, I don't even have to know what the fuck it is and I'll still enjoy their comments and banter.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By fourby

I def read about games more than I play them right now, but that wouldn't stay interesting if I didn't play something occasionally to keep up to date.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jmfinamore

Yea, for sure. I find the business really fascinating so I like to read a lot about it. Also, I don't have a ton of time to play games, so I don't have much of a choice.

CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93

I'm not going to play 99% of the games they play, but it is interesting to watch/read about them

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#60  Edited By cornbredx

No. I just don't have a lot of time to play anymore. So, Giant Bomb is my substitute or whatever