• 52 results
Posted by kortex (444 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Do you even go to page two on the forums? (174 votes)

Sure, what are you even talking about? 18%
Sometimes, when I am bored. 36%
There are more pages? 46%

I am a regular forums user but I hardly ever look at older threads, which means almost every topic that isn't on the first page anymore is just... gone.

#1 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

There's a page two?!

#2 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

I used to know those threads.

They're dead to me now.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14578 posts) -

If you're on page 2 you might as well be dead brah.

#4 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

I do sometimes when I get bored and want somemore threads to read.

#5 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2203 posts) -

Funny enough I just started venturing into page two lately.

however you couldn't DARE me to go to page 3. I hear people just don't come out the same.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36058 posts) -

There's a page two?!

It's just a dream, professoress. There's no such thing as two.

#7 Posted by Ares42 (2583 posts) -

The forums doesn't move fast enough to really bother, even after a nights sleep there's usually topics on the first page with no new posts.

#8 Posted by Patman99 (1558 posts) -

Depends. I generally read the first page to see the initial responses and then go to the last two or three pages to see if any discussions have formed. I do not personally understand the point of only ever reading the OP and then blurting out a comment without seeing what everyone else has said. However, I do sometimes just throw down my comment and go but that is a rarity.

#9 Posted by 49th (2694 posts) -

Nope, I usually hang around page 1 clicking on the same threads because I forget I have already seen them.

#10 Edited by mosespippy (4044 posts) -

I go to page two maybe once a month. If I'm looking for a specific thread and a lot of trash threads are on top it might be near the top of page two. Or during E3 there are enough new topics that page two still has new stuff.

I really wish there was a way to ignore threads so that they never show up for you when you visit the forums. I don't play MMOs and don't like Star Wars, so the Kessler Run and Good Luck Have Bothans threads were threads that I would NEVER read. They were taking up two important spots on page one for about a month and a half.

Sometimes I'll visit the site six or seven times a day and come across really interesting threads that only get one post and end up buried by long running threads. Most of the threads are ones I've seen on a previous visit an hour ago but since they got recent posts they bury the new ones. I wish there was a way to view only new topics.

#11 Edited by Pr1mus (3821 posts) -

Yeah sometimes. Actually more like page 6-7 and so on. I spend so much time on here that i kinda have to to find something new i haven't already clicked a dozen time.

I need a hobby.

#12 Posted by pweidman (2300 posts) -

Very rarely go to second page of topics, unless it's game specific once in a while. Like others here have said, this forum moves pretty slow for that usually.

#13 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Only when all the topics on the first page disinterest me.

#14 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Yeah. Especially on slow work days.

#15 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

"I hate pagination."

- Hardcore Dave

#16 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

There's times when I hardly even scroll down that much...

#17 Edited by Zebracal (74 posts) -

No not usually.

#18 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

There's times when I hardly even scroll down that much...

#19 Edited by Dalai (7001 posts) -

Sometimes I even venture into "No Man's Land" which is also known as page 3.

#20 Edited by crusader8463 (14414 posts) -

I scan though page one to see where the conversation started to go then flip to the end to see where it ended up. If it's interesting I will go a page or two back to try and piece together a conversation.

#21 Posted by kortex (444 posts) -

@ssj4raditz: man, this might be the saddest/funniest comment of the week

#22 Edited by iam3green (14390 posts) -

sometimes i go to it. other times don't need to even scroll down too far down.

#23 Edited by Miketakon (513 posts) -

Nah

#24 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

NOT ANYMORE

#25 Edited by BoFooQ (666 posts) -

I can't say I always read all the comments but if the thread is good I may. Sometimes I just read the first and last pages. When it comes to the wrestling thread I started somewhere in the 500's

#26 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

What is this page 2 you speak of?

#27 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

never, its dead. super dead

#28 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1011 posts) -

What is this "page two" you speak of?

#29 Posted by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

Bitch please. Unless things have not been answered.

#30 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

Only when I'm feeling nostalgic.

#31 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

Yes I do, and by the way I had an idea for the forum.

There should be a way to see recent topics like we do now, but have off-topic and general discussion excluded. (so basically, you would see only topics from wiki forums)

#32 Edited by ShaggE (6341 posts) -

I went to page 3 once... never again. NEVER AGAIN.

#33 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

Not since the new site launched.

#34 Edited by Pikawai (135 posts) -

"Sure, what are you even talking about?" has my vote, I don't check the forum very often, thus I go past the the 2nd pages to catch-up.

#35 Posted by TheHT (10909 posts) -

only when i'm looking for an old thread. searching the forums is apparently broken.

#36 Posted by NiKva (128 posts) -

All the time, there's usually a bunch of boring threads on page one.

#37 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (459 posts) -

I wish page one was longer!

#38 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4930 posts) -

We don't talk about "page 2" anymore.

#39 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

No. I only go about a quarter the way down the main forums after the stickies. God how I wish I could remove those stickies, there's no point to them for me, when all I want is most recent topics.

@egg That already exists. Scroll down the forum page and look right.

#40 Edited by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Sometimes, but not often.

#41 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Not that often at all, I usually stick to the first page.

#42 Posted by AssInAss (2545 posts) -

I like to go to older threads and give them support when needed, I'm a thread philanthropist.

#43 Posted by laserbolts (5313 posts) -

Now that I think about it I dont think I ever have.

#44 Edited by AlecOfTheWest (275 posts) -

I don't even go to the second page of a thread, considering how slow the website is now.

#45 Posted by djou (860 posts) -

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority, but I do go to page and beyond most of the time. However, I'm mostly a skimmer so there's not a lot of reading the post.

#46 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Do you even lift?

My answer is sometimes, by the way.

#47 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2102 posts) -

Yes. I mean topics don't get pushed down super fast since traffic here seems to be moderately low (which I like, I hate the message boards where your thread is already on the 2nd page 3 minutes after posting it), but I will look at and even reply to topics from a day or two ago.

And with threads, I try to read a good bunch of the entire thread, or all of it if the thread isn't like 50 pages before replying to get a good feel of the direction of the topic.

#48 Posted by Winternet (8007 posts) -

Nope. But that said, I come to Giant Bomb many times per day so it's not like I'm missing out on any thread important/interesting.

#49 Edited by BPRJCTX (704 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

Yeah sometimes. Actually more like page 6-7 and so on. I spend so much time on here that i kinda have to to find something new i haven't already clicked a dozen time.

I need a hobby.

Try Video Games, i hear good things about it.

On topic: No, and actually, i rarely even go to page 1 nowadays...

#50 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Absolutely, early in the morning when people are still asleep is a prime time to look at older threads