• 95 results
#51 Posted by danabare86 (2 posts) -

Lol i have sevral games I bougth last holiday sale last December. i have so many games that I have not complete. I think the main reason this last year i got addicted playing mine-craft an dead island . I kinda slow down some on dead island but it still one games I allways going back to. Recently I got a ton ps2 games at game stop for cheap. I also have bougth the first 4 resident evil games the first one is the remake version. I allso got metal gear solid 1 because I ended getting the 2nd one at game stop. i can say I did beat sevral games . My problem is i think I need to stop buying anymore onto I beat some of the ones i have recently gotten.

#52 Posted by Jeust (10680 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave said:

@Jeust: I find the best way to play old JRPGs is playing them at 400-500% speed on an emulator, slow it down for talky talk and bosses, power grind through the rest. I recently put in 150 hours for Final Fantasy V (I own Anthology) but it only took me about 15-20 hours of actual time. I suppose you might be missing out on some of the music in FFVI but it's mainly just Jidoor, Zozo, the regular boss music, and the last boss music that is particularly excellent.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Although I'm really a purist when concerning playing, so I'll probably play it at normal speed. ^^

#53 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5554 posts) -

@Jeust: It's mostly just to speed up the tedious parts, but FFVI is probably the least tedious old school JRPG so you'll probably have a decent time even at regular speed. It's maybe a tad overrated, the first half of the game is probably the best first half of any RPG period, but the second half is kind of a let down though still fun and interesting from a gameplay perspective.

#54 Edited by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

I never not have this problem. It's the dumbest first world problem ever, but I've still put myself there for the better part of 5 years now. JRPGs have been the biggest source of congestion. I love starting them and I can barely ever finish them.

#55 Edited by Socialone (202 posts) -

You mean, to have more than 200 games on my Steam library? My current backlog consists of:

• Alan Wake + American Nightmare
  • Bastion
  • Batman : Arkham series
  • Bioshock series
  • Borderlands 2
  • Bulletstorm
  • Crysis 2
  • Dead Space series
  • Deus Ex 1 & 2
  • Morrowind
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • GTA 4
  • Half-Life 2 Episode 1 & 2
  • Hitman series
  • Just Cause series
  • Kingdoms of Amalur
  • Max Payne 1 & 2
  • Metro 2033
  • Portal 2
  • Prototype
  • RAGE
  • Stalker series
  • Sins of a Solar Empire
  • Warhammer 40 000 : Dawn of War 2 + Chaos Rising
  • Warhammer 40 000 : Space Marine
  • The Witcher series (currently playing the first one)

I exclusively selected the games I am reasonably interested to play in the next year(s), but I fear many of them will be painfully obsolete by the time I get around to them. Some already are. Ahh college, so much free time yet not enough for proper hardcore gaming.

#56 Posted by TheRealMoot (387 posts) -

I literally have boxes of games on my floor I need to play. Some where around thirty games I bought from auctions, pawn shops and the like that are just sitting in boxes on the floor waiting to get played when I get the chance. Trying to work through them one by one but I get distracted by other slightly more interesting games and then I forget about some, and now I've got a room with boxes all over the floor. I cleared my schedule and tried to marathon my way through a bunch of them before Borderlands 2 came out... but I only got through 3 of them... I might try and blow through some more of them again this week before the Mechromance DLC hits...

#57 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1324 posts) -

Has http://randomsteamgame.com/ been mentioned? Takes a bit to scrap all your dirty games but if you want something that can help you just play one of the billions of god damn games you should be playing, that's it.

#58 Posted by konig_kei (622 posts) -

I buy them then forget about them. The last time I had a hard time choosing what to play was earlier this year when I couldn't decide between arkham city, human revolution and SR3.

#59 Posted by Slag (4455 posts) -

@Sbaitso said:

I currently own 151 steam games, a handful of boxed PC games, a handful of PS3 games, and a number of handheld games for various systems. I also own a number of legacy consoles from my youth, as well as all the games I owned for them then. In recent times this has become somewhat overwhelming for me. There are an increasing number of games I have yet to play and/or finish, I want to spend more time with and/or finish again, and not enough time to take them all on at once. And so I have hit a conundrum of what games I should devote my time to. My question to you is how do you decide what games you want to play? Is it instinctual? Intellectual? Reactionary? What drives your gaming tastes?

Absolutely, it has become a problem for me as well. Steam has made this a big problem into a bigger one

for me the choice of what to play is instinctual. Whatever looks to fit the mood I'm in and what is the most fun.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should sell some that I'll realistically never get to since I've had plenty of opportunities.

#60 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4368 posts) -

I hate what Steam has done to me...

#61 Posted by danabare86 (2 posts) -

I am playign some of the games I got recently. Rigth now I play some of resident evil 2 onto I get my game cube in the mail so I can play resident evil 1 remake. Maybe one day i migth buy resident evil 5 an 6 when I complete 1 through 4 lol. My biggest problem is I spend to much time playing minecraft lately an watching youtube videos

#62 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I always have that feeling after I beat a game, I suck.

#63 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

Yup, I know that. In my case it's unfinished games. I have yet to play through a bunch of games I own but lost the motivation to play, and there are still new releases coming out that interest me. My Amazon wishlist is big, but so is my backlog ._.

#64 Edited by HH (610 posts) -

I don't. I'm a fussy gamer I suppose. I've still to play Deus Ex, it's been sitting there since release, but i don't know, it just didn't grab me when i tried it, same with Witcher 2 (i don't like playing somebody else's idea of a character in rpg's, half the fun is just gone).

I wish I had more stuff to play, because I function much better when I have that game I can dive into, and when that gap is empty I go half nuts with the urge to play something.

#65 Posted by Genkkaku (735 posts) -

I already have way to many Xbox/ PS3 games.. and then finally upgraded my computer, I have purchased way to many Steam games i'll probably never play

#66 Posted by Jeust (10680 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave said:

@Jeust: It's mostly just to speed up the tedious parts, but FFVI is probably the least tedious old school JRPG so you'll probably have a decent time even at regular speed. It's maybe a tad overrated, the first half of the game is probably the best first half of any RPG period, but the second half is kind of a let down though still fun and interesting from a gameplay perspective.

I know, but I'm oldschool. I have to test that first half of the game for myself. ahah

#67 Posted by Zaccheus (1795 posts) -

No I've really played everything that interests me and otherwise am starving for games. Sometimes there are few games released close to each other and I have to choose which to play first.

#68 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

@billyhoush said:

All the time. That is why I tell myself not to buy any news ones until I beat what I have. It never works.

Yeah, I've found that to be an utterly fruitless endeavor.

#69 Edited by DragonBloodthirsty (470 posts) -

Normally, no. Last winter, I did take advantage of Steam's super-sales to get a year's worth of gaming for about $60. I really just cleaned out my wishlist.

What do I play? Normally, I know what I like. I pick it up, play it, and put it away when I bore of it. I like Strategy and RPGs (in that order), so I tend to play strategy games when I want to think: StarCraft for fast-paced action and Civilization for something approaching low-key contemplation. If I'm feeling less competitive, I play RPGs. I like compelling story, character building, social connection with friends -- in the MMO world. I got a kick out of the moral decision making system in Mass Effect, and I enjoyed Dragon Age (what I played of it -- it's still unfinished), but I never felt the urge to go back to them once it was done.

I also branch out and try new things once in a while, if the cost isn't too high.

#70 Posted by JoeyRavn (4977 posts) -

Constantly. My backlog is huge.

#71 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Yes, and I always feel bad about it. Buying new games when you have games to play already is not good for your personal economy. But I still do it.

#72 Posted by fetchfox (1273 posts) -

Goddamn steam sales... yes I do.

#73 Posted by Addfwyn (1931 posts) -

Yup, my backlog is large enough to the point I just have stopped buying games for like the past year or two. Working 16 hour days 7 days a week and trying to squeeze in a social life makes it...nearly impossible to really get through that backlog. Or even finish a single game anymore.

#74 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Nowadays, I make sure not to buy games I don't have time for. I'm interested in the new XCom and Dishonoured, but I'm still playing Guild Wars and Borderlands 2, plus there's Pokemon coming next week, so even although I could easily afford them, there's no point in buying them until I have time to play them. They'll probably be on sale by the time I do want to play them too, so what's the rush?

I do have a massive back log of things to play, thanks to Steam though.

#75 Posted by Sweep (8872 posts) -

No. Because Dota?

#76 Posted by Sbaitso (540 posts) -

@Morrow: Half finished games is definitely a problem for me. I can never manage to keep all the games installed that I want to due to space restrictions, and I end up losing progress in games. Cloud support has helped this to some degree though.

#77 Posted by ikaruga (192 posts) -

@DJJoeJoe said:

Has http://randomsteamgame.com/ been mentioned? Takes a bit to scrap all your dirty games but if you want something that can help you just play one of the billions of god damn games you should be playing, that's it.

Just try out the website and I don't know what to feel when the thing hang on me cause I have too many steam games. I promised myself to not purchase any new games this summer and ended up with a pspgo and a 3ds and a bunch of old ps2 rpgs that I'll never play.....

#78 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

I had to stop myself from doing that. I usually don't buy any new games until I either finish the one I am currently playing or get bored with what I am playing. However whenever a good Steam sale comes along I can sometimes get overwhelmed.

#79 Posted by Turambar (6790 posts) -

Steam does horrible things to my ability to commit to a game.  So right now I'm just throwing my time at Guild Wars 2 because at least I have some game program running in front of me while I continue to idle and not do anything.

#80 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

Im too picky about the games i buy to really have that problem. I only buy a game when i know itll last me 30+ hours.

yeah im that cheap.

#81 Posted by fahad007 (1 posts) -

I bought my Xbox 360 about 1.5 years back, I think If I had bought my xbox 360 the time it was released, then I would be able to catch up with all the good games on time for 2 reasons a) So much free time during schools b) Able to catch up with games released on time. But now since I am in college, I have no much free time like the old days of PS2, I just buy only the best games to play it, it doesn't have to be new. The only games I finished so far are, GTA IV, Crysis, Gears of War 2 and Portal 2. Right now I am trying to finish Red Dead Redemption. Plus I have about 8-10 more games that I have bought but never touched it. Plus I watch a lot of movies in my free time. I wish I could get a very long holiday to finish all the Games.

#82 Posted by Tackchevy (264 posts) -

This is the fundamental issue with digital distribution. If you have a bunch of old school boxed games the decision is simple and straightforward: just play the fucking game on top.

#83 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5834 posts) -

Yes, all the time.

The funny thing is that everytime I look at the games I need to catch up and try to decide which one to play, I realize that none of them appeal to me at the moment. And then I end up buying another game.

#84 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5592 posts) -

The fundamental problem for me is not that I'm not playing games, but instead there's too many games to play. Oh well, there's a big lull this year.

#85 Posted by zoozilla (980 posts) -

It's funny looking through all these comments (and I have this same problem) - I wonder if the games industry would just tank if people stopped buying games they'll never play?

#86 Posted by Daveyo520 (6791 posts) -

Yes >.>

#87 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

@sbaitso: I usually go by most recent purchase and highest purchase price.

If I buy a game at launch I feel real awkward about not playing it at all.

#88 Edited by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

No, as I'm not a crazy person i buy games as i want/need them I don't buy them on a "omg this random game is on sale i'll buy it!". When i buy a game i play it when i get home from the store, the day it arrives in the mail, or when it finishes downloading. I'm not that asshole that buys 50 games and never plays them.

Yes, lots of you are assholes. That's your problem not mine.

It's about respect for games. If i buy a game I'm going to god damn play it. I'm not going to let it sit on a list like I'm some asshole who can't have the time to play it.

In short, fuck ya'll play your damn games before you buy new ones, its disrespectful.

#89 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2227 posts) -

Yep pretty much as soon as I got my first job I kept purchasing games but wouldn't devote myself to a lot of them. When it comes to steam there are too many instances where I would buy a game and think to myself I'll play it on a rainy day but they're still uninstalled.

#90 Edited by Stonyman65 (2725 posts) -

Who doesn't?

#91 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

No. I play games as soon as I get them, then replay them when I feel inclined. I'm good with my money and don't waste it on games I think I won't ever play.

#92 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Oh hell yes. I've got a stack of VNs to play through and I'm sort of burned out of those ATM. So the pile grows taller until my mood changes.

#93 Edited by beard_of_zeus (1689 posts) -

Only all the time! Loving RPGs (please make shorter ones, developers!) and having less time only exacerbates this problem. I'm usually playing a handful of games in tandem.

I also enjoy collecting games as well, so that makes me feel better about the ones I buy but never play. I always get a physical release of a game, if at all possible.

#94 Posted by theuselessgod (320 posts) -

I have like 400 retro games that I haven't played. I look at them and get scared and go back to playing Ridiculous Fishing or some such nonsense.

Not to mention 300 steam games...stupid indie bundles...

Usually I just go back to the "comfort food" as people point out. I think this is mostly because, as I get older, I don't have time to learn a whole new game system, or to invest myself in a game that I know is going to take 80-100 hours (like most JRPGs). Between work and family, what few hours of freedom I get every day are precious, and it's a lot easier to just waste them playing Mega Man X again than trying something new.

Though I did finally install and play Sleeping Dogs after buying it on Steam last Christmas. Now I'm just playing that instead of anything else. :P

#95 Posted by bobafettjm (1504 posts) -

With owning a couple thousand games (just the physical releases, not even counting Steam) I always have a backlog of games. I love having a lot of games, but I hate that there are so many I still haven't even played yet. Recently however I have been getting through games at a pretty good pace, I am hoping to beat last years number.