Do you ever see an end to Online passes and mind-bogglingly useless DLC (skin packs, shortcut packs, etc.)?

Grimmrobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Grimmrobe

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Example1013

how is this hard to understand. they'll stop making that shit when they stop making money off of it.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

You're just gonna sit there and tell me horse armor is useless? How dare you?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones

When people don't care about money, then it will happen

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Skin Packs I don't mind so much but Online Passes annoy the piss out of me. Especially since I rent a ton of games from Gamefly. Online passes just have to stop.

Johnnboy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Johnnboy2000

Short answer no. dlc bugs me is when it's first day and it a big part of the game experience like mass effect 3 from ashs dlc it was a big part of the story. Or the catwoman dlc in Arkham city. if the info is on the disk but I have have to pay to unlock it that b.s. I bought the disk so in essence every thing that is stored on said disk is my property and I should have access to it. If the game company's want to sell add on stuff don't put it on the disk make it really downloadable.

Grimmrobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Grimmrobe

@Mrsignerman44 said:

Skin Packs I don't mind so much but Online Passes annoy the piss out of me. Especially since I rent a ton of games from Gamefly. Online passes just have to stop.

This.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
@Mrsignerman44 said:

This, really.
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jay444111

Honestly, I can totally see online passes becoming illegal somehow in someway, someday... I apologize for saying all those 'somes'

Once we can start trading our licenses for our downloads for money and other games. Then we will see a quick and devastating end to Online Passes... also the death of EA... which will happen if they do horribly like they have been for a few more years.

I see no end to DLC or skin packs. I honestly have no problem with those. However I do see DRM being destroyed within the next 5 years. DLC on disc must die now... I am serious. I am willing to go to court for buying the damn disc to the game that they are basically blackmailing me to complete it... CAPCOM!!!

Oh, and any service like Windows Live ID SHOULD FUCKING DIE IN A HELLFIRE OF DEATH AND PAIN AND DESTRUCTION WITH IT'S SANITY REMOVED FROM ITS BRAIN TO DIE BY STARVATION DUE TO THE INABILITY TO EAT DUE TO HAVING NO BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... I hate WLID for so much shit... I don't want to get into it...

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By zyn

If people continue to buy uesless DLC and tolerate Online Passes, it will continue.

I avoid both as much as possible.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iam3green

i hope that it ends. i find them stupid.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Jay444111: I hate you some times. Yuck.

I hope some of it ends, but I don't much care about the silly pointless DLC, because I understand the appeal to some people. I've probably spent more on Killing Floor skins than on the game itself at this point, because I play so goddamn much of it with the gang that I figure I should support he dev and they put up some pretty cool skins. Anything to freshen thing up a bit is nice.

Online passes are the one thing in the realm of DLC or whatever that I want to end, or at least be handled a little better. Make it console specific rather than account specific and then make sure it's possible to move it to a new piece of hardware or something. And no more codes. The only code involved should be the code a programmer wrote to let me press a button, say "Yes make this console the console this game is registered on" and boom, it's done.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#13  Edited By Slag

I only see an end in the sense that another funding mechanism might come along that makes it obsolete. What it might be, I can't say.

I remember back in the day people though quarter fed Arcades were unassailable, that obviously proved to be not the case.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258

They will go away when we figure out how to function in society without any form of currency, which will coincide with pigs flying and Hell freezing over.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ares42

Online Passes will disappear the day the consoles require an online connection and every disc is printed with a unique ID that unlocks the game after verification. While this may still be a few years away, the higher the connected consoles numbers go the more likely it will happen. At some point it's just gonna be a better profit-deal to lose the last few that doesn't take their consoles online to completely eradicate used game sales.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BraveToaster

@Example1013 said:

how is this hard to understand. they'll stop making that shit when they stop making money off of it.

This, plus the fact that they want to end game rentals/used game sells.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By laserbolts

Nope dlc makes too much money for it to stop.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EXTomar

Online Passes including XBox Live are a bad idea. One of the worst things to come out of this generation of tech. Skins and temporary boosts actually make sense as DLC. I don't understand why one would buy a skin or a theme or whatever cosmetic thing but that doesn't mean it is bad.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By TheHT

You can't put an option like Waffles in your poll and expect me to not choose it.

ANYWAYS. Echoing statements already made, skin packs are cool. They remind me of the old PC days of downloading custom skins/models for Half-Life and Quake. Online passes themselves I'm cool with, since I've been putting in CD-keys for years.

Shortcut Packs however, are a strange thing for me though. On the one hand, if I'm seriously playing a game and have earned a bunch of sweet stuff only to have Ritchie Rich come along and just buy it all, well I suppose I wouldn't really care. I'd sneer at him though. From behind my computer/TV screen. Oh how I'd sneer.