• 55 results
mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mercutio123

After the whole Whiskey split I was pretty bummed out by the new Tested and it's whole Jamie and Adam branding as they didn't have a presence on the site. Recently I've gone back and it's returned to it's former glory, and Adam has delivered some of the best videos the site has ever seen. Jamie still isn't seen around a lot but the site has really grown thanks to Adam's input and I actually prefer it now to how it was before the Whiskey split.

So my question to you is...did you ever visit Tested or did you lose track of it since the redesign and not gone back?

Even if you didn't visit Tested before the split I'd recommend you checking it out now

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

Alrighty!

Yes I visit it daily and listen to the podcasts. I enjoy all the Adam videos as well... it's nice how open he is with letting them come in and see all of his stuff.

I wish Screened were still like it used to be... :(

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

Alrighty!

Yes I visit it daily and listen to the podcasts. I enjoy all the Adam videos as well... it's nice how open he is with letting them come in and see all of his stuff.

RIP Screened

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iodine said:

@handlas said:

Alrighty!

RIP Screened

Haven't been there in months, is it still barely a site? Even at its peak I always thought of it as the "other" whiskey site that couldn't really compete

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathswind: Fair enough, I've been reading their stories less and less, I go there more for weird "dad chat" and all of Adam's videos, when it comes to tech stuff I find that I get a bit irritated by Norm's dismissal of everything that isn't exactly his views like his disdain for consoles etc

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@deathswind: Do you have any examples of what you are talking about? Because I go to Tested nearly every day and I haven't noticed that this is a problem.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@iodine said:

@handlas said:

Alrighty!

RIP Screened

Haven't been there in months, is it still barely a site? Even at its peak I always thought of it as the "other" whiskey site that couldn't really compete

For a year, someone from Berman Braun was manning the site - that person has since left, and now it's kind of like Anime Vice - community driven, though FinalDasa has been doing a damn good job of it so far.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've mostly been watching videos off their Youtube channel. Other than that no, I haven't been to the site in months.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do and I agree that Adam's videos are great. It sometimes feels like it's a little too focused on him, but he's a really interesting guy so it doesn't feel overbearing or anything.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By expensiveham

I've been watching their stuff on YouTube occasionally and i think Adam adds a lot.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fattony12000
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Petiew

@zoozilla said:

now it's kind of like Anime Vice - community driven

Animevice actually has employed contributors now. It's mostly just writeups with a couple videos every week, but I think they're doing a good job.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HerbieBug

Yep, I check in every couple days. Site is awesome; then and now and in future i imagine. :)

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Is that the Mythbusters' site?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@iodine said:

@handlas said:

Alrighty!

RIP Screened

To be fair, that was because Rorie had to run it pretty much single-handedly because Alex moved back to the east coast and couldn't do video stuff. It kind of bums me out, because there's a lot of good stuff on that site that will be buried in the sands of time. 30 Days of Hate is one of my favorite Alex Navarro anger-fests.

Tested, if anything, has gotten better because it has Adam Savage on it constantly, though I still don't care about the processing power of new Android tablets or whatever.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Krullban

I'm surprised that Adam is putting so much into it to be honest. I thought neither of the mythbusters would do anything.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zoozilla

@petiew said:

@zoozilla said:

now it's kind of like Anime Vice - community driven

Animevice actually has employed contributors now. It's mostly just writeups with a couple videos every week, but I think they're doing a good job.

Huh, I didn't know that. Hopefully Screened can do something similar.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I only listen to This is only a test. I really need to go back and check out the site, It's been a while.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mirado

No, I do not. I was one of the people who disagreed with the direction the site went in, and while I enjoy the work that Adam and Jamie do outside of Tested, I was sold on the idea of (as Will described it) "Giant Bomb for tech". The tonal change, the slow re-enabling of functionality from the old site (things like notifications and such, although I assume it must all be sorted out by now), and a general feeling of stagnation on the forums made me more or less drop it all together. GB is a hell of a lot more lively.

It amuses me that, after nearly a year of inactivity, I'm still the third most prolific poster on the forums, at least according to the box under the main navigation.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Mirado on this one. I "stop by" the site sometimes, but I'll usually only watch the tech stuff if there's any that day. I did watch the Loyd Case build a PC video though. That kind of stuff reminds me of old Tested. I'm also going to follow the Dads podcast whenever they continue on with that.

Other than that, I just don't really care about anything else on there.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I listen to the podcast every week, but haven't been on the site in months.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By phantomzxro

I have and its pretty awesome

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ben_H

@krullban said:

I'm surprised that Adam is putting so much into it to be honest. I thought neither of the mythbusters would do anything.

He does substantially more than I thought. I figured the site would just be attached to the Jamie & Adam brand and one of them would appear once in a blue moon. That is certainly not the case. Adam is on there on what seems like a daily basis, if not at least a few times a week including at least one podcast a week.

I never stopped visiting. I figured it would get better after the initial shake-up and it definitely did.

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NicksCorner

I visit nearly every day. I really like the content they produce, but I don't use the forum.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MikeJFlick

I stopped going there after 50% of their content became "maker bot" related.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tested's pretty great.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Yep still go daily. Good stuff. I definitely miss the old Whiskey office atmosphere for both sites though.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Branthog

I occasionally listen to the podcast, but I never visit the site, because I don't give a shit about cell phones or iOS apps or Android and a lot of their other content is sort of geared toward the more general user, which is fine, but just not my speed.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I really like Tested, about as much as GB nowadays

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I used to visit Comic Vine for their art picks articles as those were always really fun to look at but now that they're no longer listed at the bottom of the site I never do. After spending some more time with the redesign I gotta say that apart from making some things look slicker it did more harm than good. Also getting the site to the point where it basically works and then running off to work on ComicVine wasn't probably the best idea. I mean they're not working on GB right now are they? Cause it's been a while and the mobile site is still kind of trash and the main site still has a ton of issues.

I did go to Tested recently and it is looking pretty nice. Although I don't think I saw a single video with Jamie thus far.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to the podcast regularly and if I have the time I'll marathon their stuff on Roku. Must say they are doing awesome things over there, kinda wish some of the staff from both GB and Tested would crossover more but seems like both sides are pretty busy. I know Brad's been on the tested podcast a few times to fill in for Gary since the split.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#34  Edited By Sooperspy

I don't go to the actual site but I do subscribe to Tested on Youtube and watch a good amount of their videos and enjoy them. I especially like how open Adam Savage is to letting them touch and see all of his cool stuff. Seems like a really cool guy.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I regularly visit the site, never really stopped. I slowed down after the split for a while because to be honest that site was handled REALLY poorly after the split. They got shafted to be sure but it was still a really crummy site for a while there. But they've found a good balance of tech and the "new stuff" and the website itself actually works (still has an ugly color scheme though...) and Adam has become a really cool part of the site. They produce a lot of content and it's got a pretty good spread. And I still get Tech coverage through the podcast and event coverage and reviews. Honestly the only problem with current Tested is that Gary is busy and isn't on the podcast much! Other than that they've come back into things swinging for the fences.

Tested is part of why the people bitching about GB being a little lax on content pissed me off. GB had less content, Tested had almost no content and a broken website.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't go to the actual site, but I do have their RSS in my google reader. That said, I don't read many of the articles 'cause there's a whole lot written by Wes, and whilst they're better than the rehashes of news he used to post, I still don't much care for his writing style.

Dadcast was pretty damn great though.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By artelinarose

I haven't been there in a while but it is not out of ill will or anything, I just forget that it exists since it's no longer at the bottom of the page. .w. I am dumb.

I am still SUPER excited for Will and Norm being able to work with those guys, though. I can only imagine how exciting going to work must be for them.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By 49th

I prefer the content now then I did before the split. I used to only watch App of the Week, now there is a whole lot more content that interests me.

I also occasionally listen to the podcast if I have nothing else to listen to and have to do work or something.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I think Tested has gone in a great direction. I just wish that some effort could be put into redesigning Anime Vice.

As for Screened, I'm convinced that BermanBraun is content to let that site die.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

Same here, figured it would be one of those "Adam & Jamie absentmindedly signed a consent form to have their names used on a website, then promptly forgot about it" type deals.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

As for Screened, I'm convinced that BermanBraun is content to let that site die.

Does anyone actually read Screened anymore?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

Does anyone actually read Screened anymore?

I assume so. Community member FinalDasa just took over site management over there.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

I think Tested has gone in a great direction. I just wish that some effort could be put into redesigning Anime Vice.

Anime Vice could seriously benefit from a site redesign. It needs its own identity, instead of looking like the orphan child of Whiskey Media that fell out the back of the wagon and no one noticed. Granted, I only ever visit AV maybe once a month to see what's up with Tom Pinchuk, who was always the only thing happening over there that I seriously paid attention to. But I'm only an extremely casual fan of anime, so I felt no need to get in too deep.

Screened, though... oi. When Matt and Alex were in their prime, that site was golden. I'm not a huge movie buff, but I'd read reviews of movies I had no interest in just because they both knew their shit so damn well. And the video content was always great, too. Mere days after the site transitioned over to its new maintainers, the difference was astounding. Didn't like the new personalities that took over, didn't like the new features. I eventually just stopped bothering to check in.

As for Tested, they're doing fine. Still doing most of what I liked them for in the first place, and the stuff Adam contributes to the site is generally high quality. The new-new site design is also pleasant, much better than the initial redesign in every respect.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DonPixel

Noup, I don't dig the pseudo-science pseudo-engineering vibe of the myth busters guys. They seem to me like slackers with budget to do useless things

As for norm and will, they barely cover tech anymore and there are way better sites for that: The Verge, Engaged and Tech Crunch, to name a few.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I skim over the site as the odd article is interesting, but I'm not that big of a fan. Seems like every other video is just Adam propaganda trying to talk about how awesome he is. That's fine and dandy if you like him I suppose, but he just doesn't appeal to me so I don't care. I have not listened to the podcast in a long time, outside of that awesome dad cast they did with Jeff Green and Vinny, but I was enjoying it before I stopped. I just stopped listening to podcasts outside of when I drive to/from work and I have had a long back log of an other podcast to take its place over the last month or two.

I really like Will and honestly he is the only reason I go to the site. If he left I doubt I would ever touch the site again.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I visit the site many times every day and I think it's never been better. The podcasts with Adam are really interesting and the regular podcast is still pretty much only about tech stuff. The only thing I'm missing are Quick Looks of random tech stuff like accessories, toys and so on.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kinda dont like willsmith that much, so im there more for the podcasts that feature gary and the videos with adam

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never really stopped going to Tested. I mostly go there for the podcasts and videos but they put up some good articles too.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't even have it in my history, and I haven't cleared that in over a year.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zFUBARz

Still visit it regularly, I miss the sheer lunacy of it before the split. I love the podcast but it does suffer without Gary, but he's a new father and in mid crunch on whatever it is he's writing so can't blame him.

The biggest problems with the site right now are still way to apple loving, although they have toned it down a little. The other big problem is that they too much of one thing at a time. The scientific cooking stuff? awesome, but when it's the only content for two weeks straight, it's a bit tiring. Same goes for most subjects, especially coffee. I love the budget and doors that get opened by the mythbusters connection but with such a small crew it means they have to focus all content on it when the opportunities come up.

I wish there was more Jamie content as he seems like a genuinely fascinating guy. Adam is pretty cool too though, but I'd like to see both of them.