#51  Edited By Daveyo520

Every once in a while.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Sill listen to This Is Only A Test and watch the videos.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By PillClinton

@mirado said:

No, I do not. I was one of the people who disagreed with the direction the site went in, and while I enjoy the work that Adam and Jamie do outside of Tested, I was sold on the idea of (as Will described it) "Giant Bomb for tech". The tonal change, the slow re-enabling of functionality from the old site (things like notifications and such, although I assume it must all be sorted out by now), and a general feeling of stagnation on the forums made me more or less drop it all together. GB is a hell of a lot more lively.

It amuses me that, after nearly a year of inactivity, I'm still the third most prolific poster on the forums, at least according to the box under the main navigation.

Same here, man, although I stuck it out on the forums (which are now all but dead last time I checked) for a bit longer. I actually really appreciate many aspects of the new general science slant of the site, and do still listen to the podcast, but Will certainly wasn't lying when he said, "it's their site now." Tested is a perfect example of a corporate TV takeover of a small, intimate, personality-driven site. It's essentially an ad for the extracurricular activities of a TV star if I've ever seen one. I like Adam, but he's not, and never will be what Tested was originally all about for me.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@mirado said:

No, I do not. I was one of the people who disagreed with the direction the site went in, and while I enjoy the work that Adam and Jamie do outside of Tested, I was sold on the idea of (as Will described it) "Giant Bomb for tech". The tonal change, the slow re-enabling of functionality from the old site (things like notifications and such, although I assume it must all be sorted out by now), and a general feeling of stagnation on the forums made me more or less drop it all together. GB is a hell of a lot more lively.

It amuses me that, after nearly a year of inactivity, I'm still the third most prolific poster on the forums, at least according to the box under the main navigation.

Same here, man, although I stuck it out on the forums (which are now all but dead last time I checked) for a bit longer. I actually really appreciate many aspects of the new general science slant of the site, and do still listen to the podcast, but Will certainly wasn't lying when he said, "it's their site now." Tested is a perfect example of a corporate TV takeover of a small, intimate, personality-driven site. It's essentially an ad for the extracurricular activities of a TV star if I've ever seen one. I like Adam, but he's not, and never will be what Tested was originally all about for me.

Well this is an overreaction if I ever saw one.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By fetchfox

I still listen to the Podcast and visit the site. I've started to prefer Adam podcast though, the one they do together. If Gary joins Will and Norm on the main-cast its just as great.

@zfubarz said:

Still visit it regularly, I miss the sheer lunacy of it before the split. I love the podcast but it does suffer without Gary, but he's a new father and in mid crunch on whatever it is he's writing so can't blame him.

The biggest problems with the site right now are still way to apple loving, although they have toned it down a little. The other big problem is that they too much of one thing at a time. The scientific cooking stuff? awesome, but when it's the only content for two weeks straight, it's a bit tiring. Same goes for most subjects, especially coffee. I love the budget and doors that get opened by the mythbusters connection but with such a small crew it means they have to focus all content on it when the opportunities come up.

I wish there was more Jamie content as he seems like a genuinely fascinating guy. Adam is pretty cool too though, but I'd like to see both of them.

They've shown appreciation of android phones as well, Norm highly praised the new Nexus. I do agree on the points of single topic coverage per week and lack of Jamie. I've been a fan of Mythbusters since the first season, so I loved it (at first) when they merged with Tested. After the re-re-design and seeing that Will, Norm and the-camera-man-I-should-really-remember-the-name-of still were in charge it felt good again.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I don't read 90% of it, but I do check the updates regularly.