Do you feel obligated to watch every video GB puts out?

• 127 results
NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NathanStack

There are days when I get home from work or school, log onto this site, see that they've uploaded two or three new QLs, a mailbag episode, maybe an archived TNT or other live event that I missed, and think "Fuck, now I have all these videos to watch and not enough time in the day."

Maybe it's a weird OCD thing or maybe I'm trying subconsciously to get my money's worth as a paid subscriber (let's not get any further into that, though), but I feel weird if I don't watch all the video content on the site each day.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89  Online

Yeah, I do watch everything, excluding trailers and the like. I need to satisfy my Vinny quota everyday or else I die.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By matthias2437

I don't have time to watch all the videos anymore. I just watch the ones I am actually interested in.

P.S. I was a subscriber until it ran out about a week ago. Didn't even notice it ran out until yesterday. I should probably get on that....

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Karl_Boss

No way, I pick and choose.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By devilzrule27

I watch the original content, especially the QLs even if its a game I wasn't interested in it at first cause it lets me see new games that i might find neat, but outside of that I don't watch nearly any of the trailers they put up. Game trailers just don't do anything for me.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zeforgotten

Not really, I'll watch them but I don't need to watch them. They're just entertaining enough to watch. At least worth watching compared to what's on TV

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Not anymore. When I had first discovered this site, I made sure to watch almost every QL or other video the day they came out. Weekends were disappointing because there were no new GB videos for me to watch. Now, I'm too busy and I'm not sure I'm enjoying the QLs as much as before.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Doctorchimp

Nah, school and work cuts down my selection.

And even then the youtube quality has really put a wet blanket on it. My next paycheck when I get the year subscription just so I can watch the videos again I'm sure I'll be watching a lot more.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus

I don't watch all of the TNTs, and I rarely watched the Happy Hower, but I love all of the original and behind-the-scenes stuff.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I watch pretty much all the non-Quick Look videos. I check out almost every QL but I rarely finish watching them unless it's a game I'm interested in.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

Oh god no!

g6065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By g6065

Definitely not obligated, just enthusiastic.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ravenousrattler

I used to but then i got a job again so it was no longer possible

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wadtomaton

I sometimes get behind, but generally I do watch everything they put out (excluding review videos and trailers and such). Same for Tested.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By spazmaster666

I generally watch everything except for TNTs unless it's for a game I actually care about. I find that now that I'm beginning to lose interest in a lot of the anime that have been coming out recently I have more time to watch other stuff and that of course includes GB videos.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiquidSwords

Nope

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Moonshadow101

Obligated? Not quite. I watch every quick look, because I find them entertaining. Also, I have a dual-monitor setup, so having a video playing while I do something else is a pretty common thing for me. Even if the video is an hour long, it's less of a commitment for me than it would be if I had to actually watch it exclusively, so I always watch it. Same thing for the TNTs, subscriber stuff, and other weirdness.

I rarely watch video reviews, since I usually find them redundant. I almost never watch trailers and the like.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OldGuy

"Obligation" is not the word I'd use... but I do watch 95% of the original content...

Yes, that includes all the intern stuff... Hey, hey! I can stop any time I want... Don't look at me like that!

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By upwarDBound

No, I don't feel obligated nor do I watch every single video.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Toxin066

I used to, but not anymore. They pump out so much hour+ content these days, it makes watching all of it ridiculous. At some point I was just weened of the "watch everything" schtick.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NegativeCero

I try to (except for TNT's), but slowly I'm changing and skipping the stuff I'm not interested in. But there is always that "what if I miss out finding out about a cool game" part of me. Although I guess lately that would be Skylanders and there's no way I'm spending so much money on a single game.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22  Edited By JasonR86

No.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BlinkyTM

Just the Quick Looks. I love the Quick Looks.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Barrock

As much as I possibly can.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By Hailinel

No. I can't really keep up. I just watch the ones that catch my interest the most.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Brendan

I don't watch all the trailers, but I watch pretty much all of the original content. I agree with you that sometimes I'm like "Shit, too much stuff to watch!" I just hate the feeling that I'm missing stuff.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

All quick looks and TNTs. I watch reviews for games I'm interested. Though I do stay up until 4 everynight.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Scrawnto

@Moonshadow101 said:

Obligated? Not quite. I watch every quick look, because I find them entertaining. Also, I have a dual-monitor setup, so having a video playing while I do something else is a pretty common thing for me. Even if the video is an hour long, it's less of a commitment for me than it would be if I had to actually watch it exclusively, so I always watch it. Same thing for the TNTs, subscriber stuff, and other weirdness.

I rarely watch video reviews, since I usually find them redundant. I almost never watch trailers and the like.

Same here.

Lukaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lukaz

At this point in my life I have absolutely no obligation to watch all the videos that are released. There once was a time when that was not the case, though university has changed that. There are days (even consecutive ones) when I don't visit the site at all. I know, kill me.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By grilledcheez

Nope...if it's a game I care about or might care about I watch but that's about it.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow

No, that would be the same as eating every meal I buy to completion, even when it makes me sick.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By willin

I try but sometimes I'll be watching a quick look for a game I have no interest in and think 'It's not worth it' and shut it off.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By GTCknight

Anything related to Quick Looks, TNTs, special events, or any trailer that catches my interest. So yeah that is a lot of videos to watch. Yet most of the time I still find time to read manga, watch anime, and most importantly play at 4 to 6 hours of videogames a day, and yes I do in fact work (at a retail store) as well as go to collage.

I wonder if that's a good or bad thing. For now I will think its the best thing ever, of all time.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By artgarcrunkle

No, most of the free content is underwhelming.

DVombatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DVombatus

I give everything a shot, but if its a video of a game I don't care about and I'm not finding the conversation funny/interesting I just quit out.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RafaelMei

I kinda do feel like that. I watch every QL, most of the TNTs (exceptions beign games I'm not interested at all or games I rather see for myself) and everything subscriber/behind the scenes related.

Writing it out makes me realize how much I love this god damned website.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By benpicko

I watch like 50% of them, and finish like 20%.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Subjugation

I watch pretty much all of it. Archived TNTs and spontaneous live shows can fill an empty weekend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to, and I still try to watch it all, but it's become difficult lately. Actually, it's become impossible since I'm not a subscriber. Even with the free stuff though, their output has Increased to such an extent that if I try to watch everything, I can't keep up. Not that I'm complaining though. Too much Giant Bomb is a good problem to have.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Yeah, sort of. I don't want to miss anything and I usually forget videos I pass by and plan to watch later. Would be nice if there was some sort of option to backlog videos I want to check out another time.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By Milkman

I'm pretty sure I've seen every Quick Look on the site.

Goddamn....

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NTM

Heck no. I only watch what I think looks interesting to me.

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#43  Edited By vager
@Moonshadow101 said:

I watch every quick look, because I find them entertaining. Also, I have a dual-monitor setup, so having a video playing while I do something else is a pretty common thing for me. Even if the video is an hour long, it's less of a commitment for me than it would be if I had to actually watch it exclusively, so I always watch it. Same thing for the TNTs, subscriber stuff, and other weirdness.

I do this too; usually while I work. Though, I sometimes get too zoned out while working that when I hear the GB crew laughing at something I stop what I'm doing, go back and watch that moment. 
Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#44  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I missed almost a month worth of videos when I was in China and I don't think I will ever watch all of them but I can live with that.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By TobbRobb

I don't feel I need too, and I usually don't watch them as they come out, but I'll watch some when I'm bored and eventually I see them all ^^. I've had some connection issues for a few weeks though, the backlog of videos has grown significantly.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PillClinton

@Subjugation said:

I watch pretty much all of it. Archived TNTs and spontaneous live shows can fill an empty weekend.

This, unfortunately. I'm more selective these days though. I used to watch almost all QLs in their entirety, even for games I had absolutely no interest in, and kind of suffer through it. But lately, if a QL is getting boring and not holding my interest, I just shut it off. I know this is a somewhat unpopular opinion, and some will just consider me a troll, but Patrick has made that much easier for me.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#47  Edited By Meowayne

What is wrong with you people?

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Not obligated, but I do watch everything eventually. It's not always the same day, but every bit of original content that they've done I've seen. There have been bits of live shows I missed that weren't put up, but I always saw most of them.

gabha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By gabha

Other than Quick look EXs and developer diary type trailers, yeah  I pretty much feel the same.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By raidingkvatch

Fuck no! Who has that kind of time?