Do you go to midnight releases of games?

• 62 results
Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lord_Xp

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lord_Xp

I do for the main reason of talking to other people who enjoy the same things that I do, which in that case it's video games. Sure there are the immature people who act foolish. But I try to stick to talking to the people who actually have intelligence.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Amducious

Nope. I like a decent nights sleep and the combination of Amazon and the post. :)

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Blastroid

Only since you can get some premo swag sometimes.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By fugie7

yes.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marcsman

Nope they are always work nights.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By BoG

Sometimes. Usually, it is a matter of time for me. If it is more convenient to go at midnight, then I do. When I was younger, I did it for fun, but I like sleep to much now.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Nah I usually Amazon release day send it. Why wait in line when you can get it at your doorsteps for free!

Kiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kiro

No. gotta get up early in the morning usually. No point in getting a game at midnight when you can't play it until the day afterwards anyway. I'd rather just pre-order online and get it a day or two earlier.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

Not usually. After spending 72 hours without sleep to finish my thesis, I've gotten less excited about late nights unless something is actively going down.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Only done it once for Skyrim since I really fucking wanted to play it already and it was Friday so I was like fuck it. Oh also me and my friends went to Super Smash Brothers Brawl, though after playing roughly 100 hours of Dairantou Smash Bros.  X, it was mostly as a joke. 

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lord_Xp

I've never had luck with amazon delivery for some unknown reason it never comes the day it's released.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By UitDeToekomst

never have, never will. if i want something the day it comes out, i will preorder it from Amazon. i am almost never up at midnight, so going to a midnight launch would be pointless as I would probably go to bed as soon as I got home and wouldn't be playing it until after I would have gotten it delivered via preorder anyway. And I have no interest in any sort of social aspect going to one of these events may have.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By crusader8463

Nope. They only do them for console games or WoW and I don't play WoW or buy console games new at full price. In the past I did it for GTA 4 and Halo 3 because I bought the super ultra deluxe awesome editions and it was just not worth it. By the time I got home I had no desire to play them because I was tired and since it was pre-ordered I could have just picked them up the same day. Also Steam. Just pre-load the game and when I wake up start playing it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@Lord_Xp said:

I've never had luck with amazon delivery for some unknown reason it never comes the day it's released.

I've never had issues with Amazon but that's probably cause I live in Seattle.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#16  Edited By sammo21

Sometimes but not all the time. I'd say I do it once or twice a year, at most.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Slay3r1583

I've picked up a few games at midnight because I used to work a 3pm to 11pm shift and there was a store that is open 24 hours on one of the ways I could take home.

The only launch "event" I went to was the Wii. That shit sucked, had to stand out in the freezing rain/snow for hours.

I tried to go to the DoA 5/Fifa/WoW midnight opening. I got there a little late (11:30) and it turns out the store got robbed after they closed down from normal business hours and were setting up for the midnight opening. Thankfully nobody got hurt or anything. That has put me off from ever going to a midnight opening at that Gamestop ever again though.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#18  Edited By Kidavenger

I think the only games that I would line up for would be Warcraft 4 or Titan if it looks any good.

The only reason to go is to grab a collector's edition and I only get those for really big games.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ducksworth

That would have to mean that I buy something on launch day, and it would also have to mean that the store I pre-ordered from is having a midnight launch. Unfortunately that's not the case for the Wii-U, so I guess the answer is no. The closest I did was waking up around 6AM to find a Wii on launch day, after running into lines at two stores I finally found a Gamestop (then EB Games) with only two or three people in line. Me and my little brother who would have been maybe 12 years old at the time insisted on waking up and standing in line with me. If anything, you can make a lot of great memories at Midnight launches and I wish I purchased/was interested in things that were eligible for em.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DelroyLindo

No, id rather be warm at home, it will be in a shop the next day or through my mailbox if i order it.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By salarn

Only in rare occasions based on time sensitive ownership of the game.

I have gone to midnight releases by accident before when working late.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FilipHolm

I usually don't. But I did for GTA IV and plan to do so for V.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By nightriff

I used to and enjoyed them a lot. But since moving to go to school, no midnight launches near by (closest is 40 minutes away) and getting married that it is just easier to order off Amazon and hope the UPS guy shows up early....he better next week for P4G

Avatar image for posttimeskipsam
posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By posttimeskipsam

Only if it's a game that both me and a friend of mine will be picking up. It's honestly more of a social thing than anything else.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hippie_genocide

Not for a really long time. I did it for Halo 2 and GTA San Andreas, and I want to say in both cases I didn't even end up playing them when I got home. I remember the HS jocks driving mommy and daddy's car hazing us in the Halo 2 line...that was kind of surreal.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vexxan

Nope.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By mosespippy

I'm up at midnight anyway and Gamestop is across the street so why not.

AdzPearson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#28  Edited By AdzPearson

Neh, doesn't really interest me. I guess it can be pretty exciting to do (there has to be reason why stores keep on doing it)...but because pre-orders exist, I don't really see the point of it. Heck, you can even pre-order games online and possibly get them a day early.

...and seeing as the nearest game shop is about 20 miles away, it's not really practical for me...

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By willin

I went to the midnight launch of Modern Warfare 3. EASILY the worst gaming experience of my life. 2 dozen of those stereotypical COD players for 2 hours was my personal hell.

satch919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By satch919

Nope. The only time I went to a midnight release was for the launch of the 360. I sat in my car till the store opened, waited in line for 10-15 mins, got my 360, then promptly went home to hook it up and play.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#31  Edited By MightyDuck

Never have, never will.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By laserbolts

Nope I have no interest in standing in a line with a bunch of gamers.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Wemibelle

I went to Modern Warfare 2 just because I knew how crazy it was going to be. I wanted to see that.

I also stood in line for a Wii for some reason. Not one of my smartest ideas...

MercZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MercZ

When I was younger, I had given it some thought. My friend really liked going to them, I recall he did it a number of times. He always asked me to come along, but I never did. Nowadays I still don't have any interest in it.

I guess this is compounded by the fact I rarely by games when they are released.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By M_Shini

Hell yeah in the comfort of my armchair staring at a download bar!

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kgb0515

The last and only time I did this was to pick up my limited edition of Halo 2, which is coincidentally the very first game that I played online for competitive multiplayer. I haven't been excited enough about any recent games to warrant going to a midnight release, but then I am an old, grumpy fuddy duddy now.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By YOU_DIED

Steam

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#39  Edited By Dimsey

Hell no. I like sleep.

If I'm interested in a game enough to preorder it, I'm interested enough to have it delivered to my door also.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

I would if I could, but I'm too old for that now.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Catarrhal

I tried it once, five years ago, on the night that both Call of Duty 4 and Rock Band were released. And I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Retail shopping sucks; standing in line sucks. Case closed.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BestUsernameEver

My favorite games are not the type that open stores up at midnight. Trackmania 2, Littlebigplanet2 and vita, Minecraft, Lumines, Mortal Kombat 9, rayman origins, Wordament, tetris, and mario kart. The only one that fits that description for me would be GTA.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WasabiCurry

The last time I went to a launch event (I think it was Halo Odst) it had quite a foul smell at that Gamestop....It was like a mix of Cheetos and sweat that makes me gag till this day.

So many people there would never believe in bathing every once in a while. Plus, they are immature kids. I'd rather watch some tv and sleep.

Video games can wait till the next day~

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CaLe

Going to a midnight release sounds to me like one of the worst possible things a human could willingly do.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By Nux

I did only once and it was for Skyrim.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope because most of the time the games release Monday night / Tuesday morning. I have to wake up the next morning and then I would think about the game all day long.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zajtalan

gears 3 lol. its kinda stupid, but cool if your meeting up with friends

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By s10129107

I really don't understand why people do this. Its not like the games will be unavailable the next morning - with no wait. Personally i usually wait months to years for games to get cheaper unless I've really been anticipating them. Even if i've been looking forward to a game for years, though, i wouldnt be compelled to wait at a store for it... on a line... at night... outside... in the cold... why?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By Red

Nope. There are very few games I feel as though I want to play as soon as possible, and, even if I do want to play the game immediately, I'll usually have school the day it releases, so going to a midnight launch wouldn't be very good for that. I actually haven't bought a game in a store for a couple years. I get all of my games from either Amazon or digital download services.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Giefcookie

I haven't heard of a midnight release event happening within 200 miles of where I live so no. I might if it was a game or franchise niche enough that I wanted to meet other ppl also interested in it.